Young up and coming offensive coordinators

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Are there any offensive coaches out there that might be on the cusp of being the next innovative coordinator?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he's not young, or "up and coming" but a name I'd expect to see pop up for an OC job is Charlie Weis

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Are there any offensive coaches out there that might be on the cusp of being the next innovative coordinator?

The Rams Addiction guys brought up Trestman. Their right that his seat is getting hot in Chicago if he doesn't start winning.

As for young guys, you're better off looking in the college ranks for these types. My top OC wish would be Dana Holgorsen. He's an offensive genius just like Chip Kelly, and is good at tailoring it to his personnel's strengths.

First and foremost, we need a guy that can develop a QB. I think we've been lacking that since Sam's first year in the league.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The Rams Addiction guys brought up Trestman. Their right that his seat is getting hot in Chicago if he doesn't start winning.

As for young guys, you're better off looking in the college ranks for these types. My top OC wish would be Dana Holgorsen. He's an offensive genius just like Chip Kelly, and is good at tailoring it to his personnel's strengths.

First and foremost, we need a guy that can develop a QB. I think we've been lacking that since Sam's first year in the league.
I was surprised when Chicago gave that huge contract to Cutler after McCown clearly outplayed him. It might cost Trestman his job but I'd love for the Rams to get him.

Of course, I still want Martz back for the offense so my perspective is probably too outlandish.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was surprised when Chicago gave that huge contract to Cutler after McCown clearly outplayed him. It might cost Trestman his job but I'd love for the Rams to get him.

Of course, I still want Martz back for the offense so my perspective is probably too outlandish.
I think bringing Martz back would be great him and Fisher and Williams man it would be like the greatest show on Earth plus the titans defense in 99 all together on one team.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not getting my hopes up for a new OC. I think it HAS to be done but I have serious doubts it will. Still good to know who's out there, though.

While we're at it, I have questions about our WR coach. It seems the only real progression I've seen from our WR's was with Quick and I think that was in large part due to Britt.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches/Dowell-Loggains/a8ce260f-4fef-41a3-8a6e-d391178ed2e9
PC_Loggains_Dowell.jpg

College:
Arkansas
Hometown:
Newport, Arkansas
Experience:
BIOGRAPHY
Loggains was the quarterbacks coach/pass game coordinator from 2010-12, when he worked with Kerry Collins, Vince Young, Matt Hasselbeck and Locker, a first-round pick in 2011. The previous two seasons (2008-09), Loggains was the quality control coach for the offense. He originally joined Tennessee as a coaching administrative assistant (2006-07).

Prior to the Titans, Loggains spent the 2005 season as a scouting assistant with the Dallas Cowboys. His duties included assisting with opponent film breakdown, self-scouting and statistical analysis to be used in game-plan preparation.

A native of Newport, Ark., Loggains was a four-year letterman as a quarterback and holder at Arkansas, where he appeared in 50 games. He graduated with a bachelor of science and master’s degree in education. Loggains was a two-year starter at quarterback for Abilene Cooper (Texas) High School.

Loggains and his wife, Beth, have two daughters, Reese and Aven.

Dowell Loggains’ Coaching Background:
2005 Dallas Cowboys, scouting assistant
2006-07 Tennessee Titans, coaching administrative assistant
2008-09 Tennessee Titans, offensive quality control coach
2010-12 Tennessee Titans, quarterbacks coach/pass game coordinator
2012-13 Tennessee Titans, offensive coordinator (final five games in 2012)
2014- Cleveland Browns, quarterbacks coach

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think Den posted that name before and it's probably the smartest guess that I've seen. Although, that's only if...IF Schottenheimer is shown the door. Which is highly doubtful. Not that I'm in favor of keeping him but the reality is, he's had to run the offense without a starting QB for two years in a row.

To be fair, he should get a shot with an actual starting QB.

Looking back, it's perplexing to think about them trying to install a spread, pass-first offense. I mean, I understand going with Schotty if a run-first, conservative offense is what you prefer but wasn't he really miscast for a high-octane approach?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I can't disagree any more strongly. Holgorsen is awful. It's frustrating watching WVU games.