You Get One FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hindi you go with?

Me- H.Nicks- this guys got the skills. He is a damn stud. If I knew he could stay healthy, I would spend it all on him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Donte Whitner. He turns 29 in July and is the kind of nasty safety we need.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Verner. Proven player who played for Williams and knows the system.

Saffold is a close 2nd. Very close.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Verner makes me nervous. The last Tenn CB we overpaid for seems to be biting us in the ass

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
As far as Mack, we have already overpaid for Wells.

So your solution is...

A) Barnes
B) Jones
C) High draft pick, not first round
D) Wells

Not much more to pick from than that.

It we get Mack then Jones can be our LG and we can draft a beefy RG. Our starters would be potentially awesome and we could draft some depth guys in the later rounds.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
After we sign Saffold, I like these guys in order:
Linval Joseph, DT
T.J. Ward, S
Jairus Byrd, S
Altarraun Verner, CB UCLA
Kenny Britt, WR

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So your solution is...

A) Barnes
B) Jones
C) High draft pick, not first round
D) Wells

Not much more to pick from than that.

It we get Mack then Jones can be our LG and we can draft a beefy RG. Our starters would be potentially awesome and we could draft some depth guys in the later rounds.

I just can't get on board with a high priced Center when we already have one. I, myself, firmly believe Jones will be a very solid C very soon

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jason Brown, Jacob Bell, Scott Wells....all these names make me not want to spend anything on "proven" vets

Last edited:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Jason Brown, Jason Bell, Scott Wells....all these names make me not want to spend anything on "proven" vets
But names like Steve Smith and Drew Bennett don't sway you at all?

I'd say Scott Wells is much more of a reason to disregard Nicks than it is to disregard Alex Mack.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I read the name Drew Bennett and shuttered a bit. Lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
But names like Steve Smith and Drew Bennett don't sway you at all?

I'd say Scott Wells is much more of a reason to disregard Nicks than it is to disregard Alex Mack.

Don't forget Finny in that mix as well, especially when it comes to Verner....who i like :(

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Don't forget Finny in that mix as well, especially when it comes to Verner....who i like :(
Right. There are examples of bad signings regardless of position.

It really is quite silly to hold bad evaluation by one regime or poor performance by a player against a potential signing.

One of my employees is friends with Jacob Bell...kind of funny he told me that Jacob said that once he got paid it became nothing more than a responsibility to play and wasn't worth putting his body on the line. I replied, yeah we could tell.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Right. There are examples of bad signings regardless of position.

It really is quite silly to hold bad evaluation by one regime or poor performance by a player against a potential signing.

One of my employees is friends with Jacob Bell...kind of funny he told me that Jacob said that once he got paid it became nothing more than a responsibility to play and wasn't worth putting his body on the line. I replied, yeah we could tell.

I agree it is foolish to hold signings from a completely different regime in the same regard to this one. Though Finny was one of those from the current regime. I don;t want to hold be weary of any high FA signings, but as a Ram fan, it is really hard to do now lolol.

FA is always a 50/50 mix really, no matter what team it is, actually i'd put it more at 30/70, the latter being failers in terms of money received and expectations.

But still, you have to do something with that money, you can't just pocket it and spend $100 mil of your salary cap, so might as well take a chance or two since you have to.