Ye gods Hooey is bad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
It appeared at one point that he could have been a starter, Long out injured, Robinson not yet drafted, Saffold a Raider.

"It was the best of times it was the blurts of times."

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Number 91 on the pack owes him a dozen jelly donuts. He's single-handedly put that guy on their 53!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My prediction, he will not be wearing a RAMS jersey in two weeks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hooey looked like a guard being shifted outside in an emergency. He got beat by several different guys.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Just like I was saying before the game, he is god aweful and should be one of the first cuts.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I didn't think he could look worst after the N.O. game but.....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He was beat so bad it almost looked like he was told not to try.
"Don't block anyone. We wanna see how Davis handles the pressure."

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I heard he has teed up a job at Disney World as a turnstile - though if he works hard he can transition to Merry-go-round

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Turnstile is a bit of a stretch. Maybe he can try for open door?
I've encountered more resistance than that from a Walmart greater!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep..... he is real bad @ Left OT...should never see that post again in this pre season. However Hooey held up much better @ Barksdale's Right OT post than he did @ Jake Longs post. Bad thing here Hooey looks to be the best ORT we have currently to back up Barksdale.

Other reserve OL'ers like Bond-Joseph-Rhaney-Barnes & Person have shown no ability to play ORT or we would have seen it. RJ Dill replaced Hooey @ ORT and was much worse than Hooey @ ORT. Maybe we may see Van Dyk getting some reps @ ORT instead of being a OLG.

The Cowboys had First round pick Zack Martin playing the right side @ ORG & ORT tonight. Seemed to do very well.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yep..... he is real bad @ Left OT...should never see that post again in this pre season. However Hooey held up much better @ Barksdale's Right OT post than he did @ Jake Longs post. Bad thing here Hooey looks to be the best ORT we have currently to back up Barksdale.

Other reserve OL'ers like Bond-Joseph-Rhaney-Barnes & Person have shown no ability to play ORT or we would have seen it. RJ Dill replaced Hooey @ ORT and was much worse than Hooey @ ORT. Maybe we may see Van Dyk getting some reps @ ORT instead of being a OLG.

The Cowboys had First round pick Zack Martin playing the right side @ ORG & ORT tonight. Seemed to do very well.

IMO, Person will end up being the guy who is the "jack of all trades" guy to make the 53 man roster. Hooey, as you pointed out, is serviceable at RT. But he will be at best the 5th option at LT and won't likely ever see a snap there come Sept.

If they do in fact keep 10 on the OL. I think Hooey just may end up being the 10th guy. Van Dyk and Rhaney just are not ready.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
If Hooey is our next best option at right tackle we need to scour the cut lists and try to add someone.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IMO, Person will end up being the guy who is the "jack of all trades" guy to make the 53 man roster. Hooey, as you pointed out, is serviceable at RT. But he will be at best the 5th option at LT and won't likely ever see a snap there come Sept. If they do in fact keep 10 on the OL. I think Hooey just may end up being the 10th guy. Van Dyk and Rhaney just are not ready.

Rams do need a reserve right OT. This Snead & Fisher team have completed three drafts now in which they drafted just ONE OL'er in the first two days of each of those three drafts....that one just happens to be an instant starter @ OLG. If this forum is disappointed in the OL play naturally .....there may need to be some more future investment in OL'ers during the first two days of the draft in 2015. Rams current reserves Barnes (WWC), Joseph (UFA), Bond (WWC), Person (WWC) & Hooey (UDFA). Zero is the number of OL'ers currently invested from the Ram draft picks in the Rams OL reserves. Still its good to recall that two of the top Ram OL'ers are out due to health issues.