WR Kevin White to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Todd McShays Mock draft 2.0 projected us taking him 10th overall, your thouts plz

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
He looks like a stud! That would be 3 wide outs from WV on our roster.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I saw this earlier this morning and was like :wtf: . I'll have to investigate more.. DGB instead if no OL worthy at that spot?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'll fall out of my chair if we take a him at 10. We have plenty of guys that should be able to get the job done. Lets focus on that OL and QB. the only other thing after i can think of is a LB.

The only WR I have intrest in this year is DGB and thats because hes a huge boom or bust big body WR that i think would pay out, if anyone can handle him id think Fisher would be a top candidate and he might slide real late in the draft due to the obvious.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Hell yeeeaaahhh! I really think that wr will be bpa. Oline is a need but you dont need to draft a guard at 10. Plenty of really good olinemen available in the second or third.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
White's a beast. If Cooper is gone to the Jets at 6 like most expect, and the Rams don't like any of the OL on the board, I'd be down with Kevin White.

A lot will depend on FA. Sign Iupati or Wisniewski? Kevin White gets a lot more likely a target.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am reading that many scouts have White listed as the number 1 WR in the class and doubt he is there at 10.

If he is there at 10 he would almost have to be the BPA in that spot. White has top 5 talent IMO. So the Rams would get a stud WR that would take attention away from Britt(if signed) and more insurance against Quick not being 100%. After Quicks surgery his doctor said that when they opened him up his shoulder looked like Spaghetti. That does not sound like a minor injury.

So do the Rams roll the dice on Quick being healthy and having Britt, Tavon and Stedman as the main guys or do they jump on the chance to add a potentially great WR? I opt for grabbing White at ten. I canot figure out who would be a better player than White at the 10 spot.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Depending on FA, absolutely. He's a beast, we just need to make sure we have the OL addressed first.

Athos

Legend
Yes. He'd easily be BPA at #10 overall barring your taste of Clemmings. And I've already made my preference for the Towers offense of big bodied WRs. Good WRs can make shit QBs look good and vice-versa.

How would you cover a 3 WR set + TE compliment of Cook/Quick/Britt/White with Austin motioning in the backfield?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
While I don't see it happening due to the very likely presence of Britt and Quick on our opening day roster, it would be cool to have White, Bailey and Tavon on the same team. Pretty much the perfect 1-2-3 punch IMO.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If a receiver is the BPA, which is very possible at #10, and we can't trade down, I wouldn't be adverse to it. Quick might not even be ready from his full shoulder reconstruction, and we could upgrade Givens. That being said, I really hope we end up with the best OT/G available that fits our new system.

Finally fix the OL, and we will be comers.

CeeDub

UDFA
Name
LUVDARAMS
I would rather take Devin Smith or Philip Dorsett in the 3rd round than take White in the 1st round, go get a Zack Martin type player (Scherff) and plug him into your line and completely change the dynamics of your OL along with better Center play and a resign Barksdale and we have the makings of a quality offensive line that can protect our QB and give him time to throw. You give Sam Bradford 5 seconds or more to throw and he can eat up a defense. Just think about it, Devon Smith can take the top of a defense so safeties have to play back and if you have Tavon in the backfield knowing he is going to release out for pass the backers will need to stay close, you can attack deep, middle, and out of the backfield, this would keep defensive coordinators up at night when we are on the schedule.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the world of White but I think I'd rather trade down and take an OL in the first. And if we want a WR, take Rashad Greene in the 2nd(hopefully the 2nd gained from a trade down). IMO, Greene is extremely similar to Isaac Bruce. I know that's lofty praise but beyond having very similar measurements and the same number, watch the way he moves...he looks just like Ike...graceful, smooth, fluid, and despite likely not having 4.2 or 4.3 speed, he always seems to win the foot race and always seems to be open.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
mmm.. not so fast. our two Mountaineers have only gotten a few games with our starting QB yet you've still seen the big flashes of potential and sometimes HUGE plays from all 4 with subpar and sometimes AWFUL QB play. and who knows how free agency will go? what if we end up needing possibly 3 lineman replaced. BRADFORD is priority here if so many knock on his health then fix it and give him 100 percent effort on the line PLUS this is the NFC West remember. how many articles and games have we all heard how it's won in the trenches in this division. All four teams are top tier defenses. In turn Rams needs a top tier line cus our QB isn't a running freak like Kap or Wilson. And our line ranked way at the bottom in a division with monstrous defenses. think about priorities. I would hope a smart fisher knows what to do. even if the old Best Player Available theory goes into effect I think WR is ranked low on the list if Britt stays

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just like Baylor linemen....I'm through with Mountineer wide receivers....

Rainram

Starter
I think the world of White but I think I'd rather trade down and take an OL in the first. And if we want a WR, take Rashad Greene in the 2nd(hopefully the 2nd gained from a trade down). IMO, Greene is extremely similar to Isaac Bruce. I know that's lofty praise but beyond having very similar measurements and the same number, watch the way he moves...he looks just like Ike...graceful, smooth, fluid, and despite likely not having 4.2 or 4.3 speed, he always seems to win the foot race and always seems to be open.

I don't know buddy.

White and Cann
or
Clemmings/Scherff and Greene

If they can fill a serious hole or two on our line in FA. Maybe 1 starter and 1 very good depth guy...I could see going White. Like I said in another thread...I don't think he gets past 5 or 6...certainly don't think he makes it to #10. But they more I watch, the more I like the idea of White. And I'm a big OLine guy.