WR , CB or ???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Current depth
Wr- Woods , Austin, Cooper, Spruce, Thomas.

CB- Tru, Gaines, Webster, Joyner and some other bums .

These are the 2 obvious positions of need but i think most of these young guys especially the WR take a big step forward this season .

So the question is do we draft another position ? Possibly OLB ?

Can't wait for the draft! Remember last year at this time we were picking 15th so who knows what's going to happen

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
On defense the uncertain or weakest position as far as starters currently is @ OSLB'er followed closely by outside corner.

On Offense the most uncertain area remains @ starting center followed by a favorite weapon of McVay offense is the move H-Back/FB/TE.

Note: I wonder if Mc Vay is eyeing new signed Californian ex Utah QB Travis Williams in this move H-back role? 6-7 233 pounder did have some rare blend of size, mobility with his running style.Its reported that TW is ultra light on his feet that permits him to pick up positive yards with his legs, showing surprising feet and good toughness too. TW best 40 was 4.75 sec.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/2/28/14772742/la-rams-sign-former-utah-utes-qb-travis-wilson

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It probably depends a lot on who the BPA is at that time but you would assume with an offensive minded head coach and a struggling young QB, the most likely choice is WR.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
BPA at #37 could be one of 6 different positions.

My personal top 3 value/need positions are:

WR
CB
TE

And could be in any order after we see which players have fallen to us. Would be easy to make a case for players at any of those positions, imo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It probably depends a lot on who the BPA is at that time but you would assume with an offensive minded head coach and a struggling young QB, the most likely choice is WR.

McVay has a brief short history of utilizing offensive sets with two TE's on the field of play & even sometimes with a FB too. If we see sets with 2 TE's & 2 WR's would not our current receivers of Woods, Austin, Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, Marquez & Mc Roberts seem to be youthful untapped & more than enough talent to put on the field? Is another young wide out a real bona fide high need this draft? Are we so sure that 6-6 240 pound Temarrick Hemingway is a TE or just maybe much more wide out ? If we do go WR he must have great hands no more Tavon Austin's or Mike Thomas's with bricks for hands!

I hope Snead makes up for his & Fisher's previous second day Busts & current non starters. Snead only has one 2nd day Ram draft pick remaining on this roster who is certain to start this season. Snead only has 3 others in Havenstein , Brown & Joyner & its still uncertain where or if they will start. It would be great if he finally have a strong 2nd day draft with soon to be starters. I am fine with BPA as long as it not any 43 LB'ers or DE's or projects of any kind.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
McVay has a brief short history of utilizing offensive sets with two TE's on the field of play & even sometimes with a FB too. If we see sets with 2 TE's & 2 WR's would not our current receivers of Woods, Austin, Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, Marquez & Mc Roberts seem to be youthful untapped & more than enough talent to put on the field? Is another young wide out a real bona fide high need this draft? Are we so sure that 6-6 240 pound Temarrick Hemingway is a TE or just maybe much more wide out ? If we do go WR he must have great hands no more Tavon Austin's or Mike Thomas's with bricks for hands!

I hope Snead makes up for his & Fisher's previous second day Busts & current non starters. Snead only has one 2nd day Ram draft pick remaining on this roster who is certain to start this season. Snead only has 3 others in Havenstein , Brown & Joyner & its still uncertain where or if they will start. It would be great if he finally have a strong 2nd day draft with soon to be starters. I am fine with BPA as long as it not any 43 LB'ers or DE's or projects of any kind.

I would tend to agree with you except I definitely feel like we have room for another young WR. We may very well see many 2 TE sets and I could easily see us taking a TE if there is a top talent available. However, our WR list looks the weakest IMO. Thomas, Spruce, Marquez, and McRoberts appear to be best suited as depth/ST players. Austin, Woods, and potentially even Cooper are starting caliber but definitely not "#1" type guys. If a target-man WR is an option by our pick, it makes a ton of sense because we need more than 3 starting quality guys for rotational/injury depth purposes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Weakest roster spot is Center even with the Sullivan signing. Next is probably WR specifically split end (X) as even Woods isn't ideal there.

After that it's a Rams perception vs fan perception thing...

Do they not see Havenstein as a viable RT? If not, then OT is a pretty big need because they can't count on Robinson. I see Havenstein as a bounce back guy at RT who will play well so for me the position looks ok, but who knows.

Do they not see Higbee, Hemingway, or Williams as capable of running the option routes? If not, then yeah it's a need right up there with anything else, however with TE filling it with a rookie is dicey. Personally I like our TE room, could use a rook for depth but I think Higbee is legit and Williams is better than given credit for.

Do they see Webster as a starter for this season? If so, the need for CB is not as great as I think it is. I don't see him as a long term answer and they know they're gonna lose Tru next year, so for me it's a big need.

Do they trust Quinn to be healthy and have a bounce back season? If not, that might be as high a need as any. Might even be the highest need given the importance of the pass rush. This is a tough one. Think I'd take a good edge rusher anywhere I see one with high value but hey that's just me.

Do they really think Barron, whose play last year included missed gap assignments on big runs, is the guy opposite Ogletree on the inside? If not, another LB who has some range and coverage ability but who also can not get buried by traffic is a need.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when they were stacking their depth chart.

BeefJurky

Rookie
First 2 or even 3 picks I'd like to be offense. Our defense is already good and pretty loaded. Wade is better than Gregg, so even with the scheme transistion its not gonna regress much if at all.

The biggest problem our defense faced last year? Was it lack of talent? Depth? Experience? Nope.
It was simple..
they were on the field too long.

Helping our offense will help our offense..and help our defense too. We are coming off 2 straight seasons of being dead LAST in offense and people want to draft for defense?? Not sure if serious.