Wow. Vick got PAID

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@AdamSchefter:
The guaranteed money on Michael Vick's brand-spanking-new, 6-year, $100 million contract is about $40 million.

@JasonLaCanfora
Mike Vick and Eagles agree to 6yr, $100M contract tonight. Deal is not backloaded with filler - legit chance to earn $16.7M/year

@JasonLaCanfora
Vick also becomes the rare NFL player to secure two $100M contracts in his career. Still owes money to creditors but this will surely help

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He didn't deserve either one of those contracts. Honestly, they're going to give him all that money based on one year? How the hell are they going to stay under the cap?

Oh well. Hopefully, they won't have enough money to pay Maclin when his contract runs out. Then he'll go to his hometown team.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Yeah I couldnt believe those numbers when I first saw them either. Wow.

When he loses his speed and elusiveness, he wont be a top 15 QB. The K ends when he is 36 years old and Id be surprised if he is still a starting caliber QB.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
With his injury history and age why in the world would it be a 6 year deal? And why not wait till some point in the regular season to see if he improved from last season? Also think this will piss off Desean Jackson cuz he still wants a new deal.

bluecoconuts

Legend
There's no way he plays for another 6 years. I'm giving him 2-3 years at most as a starter, after that he's going to be a backup caliber player. But they have to start him with that contract.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
superfan24 said:
Disaster waiting to happen for the eagles in at least a couple years

I see that delusion is alive and well in Philly. Unfortunately the NFL or more specifically Eagle ownership reflects once again the disconnect between the sports elite (even felons) and the public at large. Money like this is obscene in today's economy, especially considering this individuals history and future potential.

At some point, I don't know exactly when, the John Q public is going to rebel against such displays of reckless and irresponsible spending, all borne of course by the the fan (in one way or the other). For me, it's not so much about the gross amount, but the 40 million guarantee. :boing: :sick: :grr:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
libertadrock said:
Yeah I couldnt believe those numbers when I first saw them either. Wow.

When he loses his speed and elusiveness, he wont be a top 15 QB. The K ends when he is 36 years old and Id be surprised if he is still a starting caliber QB.

He's not even a top 15 QB now! He had one insane game against the worst D in the league (Redskins) and all of a sudden he's an all time great!

Here's who I would take BEFORE Vick (in no real order)

Bradford
Ryan
Stafford
P. Manning
Brady
Schaub
Freeman
Rivers
Hasselbeck
Rodgers
Romo
Brees
Roethlisberger
E. Manning
Cutler

Hell, I'd try to coax Kurt Warner out of retirement before considering Vick.

Yeah he's made huge progress @ QB since jail and is a crazy athlete, but still just a RB playin QB.