Would you trade for Mychael Kendricks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I guess the Eagles are shopping him. 4 million dollar cap hit. Is he worth a precious sixth round pick?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I know he plays the pass well. How well does he play the run? Why are they trying to trade him if hes so cheap?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I know he plays the pass well. How well does he play the run? Why are they trying to trade him if hes so cheap?
Bigger question: how well would he play in Wade's particular 3-4 scheme? That's the unknown factor that would give me pause when considering a trade for a guy who's accustomed to playing in a 4-3.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
Naw, they aren’t particularly deep at LB and if they’re shopping him I don’t think that $4M cap hit is worth it. This years LB class is really good. You can find a thumper in the 4th round in this Phillips Defense. Look what he did with Danny’s Trevathen, can’t remember off the top of my head but he was a 6th or 7th round guy who started almost immediately. I get it, lighting in a bottle, but finding a scheme fit has been Wade Phillips specialty.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Bigger question: how well would he play in Wade's particular 3-4 scheme? That's the unknown factor that would give me pause when considering a trade for a guy who's accustomed to playing in a 4-3.

I'm pretty sure he played really well in the 3-4 with chip Kelly and that's when he earned his extension but he was never a favorite of shwartz and only got playing time after they had injuries. But from my understanding he still has a good year last year

Naw, they aren’t particularly deep at LB and if they’re shopping him I don’t think that $4M cap hit is worth it. This years LB class is really good. You can find a thumper in the 4th round in this Phillips Defense. Look what he did with Danny’s Trevathen, can’t remember off the top of my head but he was a 6th or 7th round guy who started almost immediately. I get it, lighting in a bottle, but finding a scheme fit has been Wade Phillips specialty.

The have Bradham and hicks...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Mychael Kendricks is a better inside LB'er than OLB'er. I have made comments on this possible FA since January as being a good fit in the Ogletree post of 2017. Eagles have cap issues & will have to make some cuts. MK has been starting @ the SSLB'er post for Jim Schwartz 43 D & departs the field in the Nickle & Dime schemes. MK & Mark Barron (if he stays) would be a better duo than Tree & Mark.

Eagles were trying to trade him last yr but their asking price was too high. He is a Californian played HS & College in the State of CA too. He ran 4.47 range in the 40 coming out of College.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/mychal-kendricks?id=2532890

Not so sure that Snead would trade for that current contract though. MK cap number is $7.6 Mil. in 2018 & $ 8.6 mil in 2019. If they cut Mark Barron this may be more acceptable.

https://overthecap.com/player/mychal-kendricks/770/

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Definitely would fill the hole at ILB'er and would be ok with the trade as long as it is a third day pick this year or next. The salary cap hit is in line with what I'd expect a decent, veteran run down ILB'er to make.

…..

Legend
Even though he was just a role player, I always expected more out of the Lakers Mychael Thompson back in the dayday. As a result, I never trust anyone who spells Mychael with a "Y"

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope, wouldn’t give them a pick for a guy that’s IMO just like Tree. Make them cut him or eat the cap space.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always considered him a better run defender. Has sideline to sideline speed but was not a great fit in the 4/3.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are going to have to cut a bunch of players before the league year begins. Unless the Rams think his contract is a bargain, which I doubt, let them cut him and keep our pick. Then if they want him, sign him and not have it count even against comp picks.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Draft is too deep with day one starters at ILB.....why pay such a premium when Snead can find what Son of Bum needs in the 4th or 6th round?