Would you rather have good NFCW or bad?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What scenario would you prefer, and why?

Scenario 1 (current): NFC West is loaded with the best teams in the NFL. The 'Hawks and '9ers are legit Super Bowl-caliber teams, the Cardinals are playoff-worthy, and we battle it out against the best of the best.

Scenario 2 (2010): NFC West = NFC Worst. Aside from the Rams, the teams are jokes. We're talking 4-12 teams out west of the Ed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Worst. I want to see the Rams in the playoffs.

I agree. While being in one of the best divisions in the NFL will require that the Rams build a team that is the best, it also makes getting there really hard.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I enjoy the competition with the division being the best. But I would prefer the division be weak with the Rams on top. We'd get to watch the rams blow up the teams I hate and we would make the playoffs easy. But if the scenario is the 2010 version, I'll stick with where we are. Our 2010 team would get eliminated right off the bat in the playoffs. If this Rams team makes it, we have a much better shot at advancing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What scenario would you prefer, and why?

Scenario 1 (current): NFC West is loaded with the best teams in the NFL. The 'Hawks and '9ers are legit Super Bowl-caliber teams, the Cardinals are playoff-worthy, and we battle it out against the best of the best.

Scenario 2 (2010): NFC West = NFC Worst. Aside from the Rams, the teams are jokes. We're talking 4-12 teams out west of the Ed.
As tempting as the easier schedule would be,I think being in a tougher division forces you to be tougher and even if you only make the playoffs as a wild card your going to be a better team and have a better shot against the teams that are champs in weak divisions.
I think we're either as good or damn near as good as the rest of our division, I'm fine with how it is.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Best. Competition breeds championships. Playoffs are nice, but no one remembers those in 20 years. I want us to win another title this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In order to be the best, you have to be able to beat the best, it's that simple! I like the fact we're in the Best div. in the NFL. Now let's go 6-0 in it!! GO RAMS:D

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Make it the best.
Besides, with our age, we should eventually take over as SF and SEA get old. When we do, we'll be primed for championship caliber football, fresh from the forge....

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
In order to be the best, you have to be able to beat the best, it's that simple! I like the fact we're in the Best div. in the NFL. Now let's go 6-0 in it!! GO RAMS:D

Beat me to it. My dad has been using that saying all my life and its just stuck with me. If we beat up a bunch of terrible teams and win yeah it will feel good but nothing compared to how it will feel when we knock them off while they are considered the best.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Tough question, I live near a 49ers fan and as much as we hate each other's teams, we're both proud that the NFC west is a beast of a division. I like it when analysts say so and so are playing the NFC west this year, and they knock the stuffing out of you... Etc

Having said that, playoffs would be nice :)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, put me in the "best" column.

It's far better prep for deep playoff runs.

Even as a wildcard, an NFC West team knows that they would belong in the playoffs.

And as iBruce stated above, merely making the playoffs is quickly forgotten over time.

But putting a beat down on another playoff team, or two, leaves more lasting memories.

And getting back to the "promised land"... Wow!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So far 4 for "worst," 6 for "best" and one... uh... "present" from tahoe :)

At what posting level do we get to make polls?

I'd rather qualify for the playoffs from a strong NFC West, then qualify for the playoffs from a weak NFC West, and then I don't give a crap if we're playing in a strong or weak division if we don't qualify.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd rather be in a competitive division that makes you the best team you can be, than be in a division that allows you to play down to your opponents or demolish them with no fight.

We have 2 of the best teams in the entire NFL in our division. If we can win and make the playoffs in that situation, we deserve to be in the postseason and we will make it far in the postseason. Playing the best in the regular season prepares you for the bloodbath that is the NFC playoffs, while being in an awful division makes you a soft team who can't take or dish out the punishment.

If it wasn't for our division, we would be a much worse team.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Put me down for weak division. Seattle knocked off the Saints being the laughing stock. Anything can happen in the playoffs so all that matters is getting there.

Id rather see the Rams in the playoffs every year, rather than a bloody battle for division winner. It feels just as good beating up a weak shity 9er team as it does a street fight win over them and have the players all beat up.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
It's all well and good to say, "to be the best you have to beat the best" and hypothetically, ideally, I agree.

But a lot of championship teams get by on cream puff schedules in the regular season.

IMO, the Rams can beat the best in the playoffs. I'd prefer the division be a cakewalk to help them get there.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Victory is that much sweeter when the challenge is great. I want my rivals to put up a good fight. I want teams to fear playing against the NFC Best.