Would Flowers pick surprise anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
While I am still think Brandon Scherff will end up being the Rams top pick (Assuming both Cooper and White have already been selected) I am beginning to like the idea of the Rams picking Ereck Flowers if those three players (Cooper, White, Scherff) are all gone by the time the Rams pick. Flowers is huge (6'6 and 329lbs), strong (37 reps of 225), young (20 or 21?), supposedly a nasty streak (Which, I think is always a positive for offensive linemen!) and according to most reports I have read a great upside (Should only get better with more age and experience)! It would be great to get him with a Trade Down but if they can't trade down I think I would be more than happy with his selection! Then the Rams can pick the best available OG (Cann, Tomlinson, Jackson, etc) with their 2nd round pick and if the Rams can re-sign Barksdale all of the sudden their offensive line is beginning to look a little better going into the 2015 season!

Stel

Starter
With Scherff off of the board at #10, or with a trade down, wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm in Flowers' camp. Would love Robinson and Flowers as OL bookends for the next few years.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With Scherff off of the board at #10, or with a trade down, wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm in Flowers' camp. Would love Robinson and Flowers as OL bookends for the next few years.

Agreed! Re-Sign Barksdale and draft an OG in the 2nd Round and I am feeling much better about the Rams 2015 Season!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If you draft Flowers, you are probably letting Barksdale walk - unless you are bringing him back at swing tackle money.

Flowers could kick inside, but he is a tackle.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It would surprise and disappoint me if he was their pick in the first round, unless they traded back to like 25 or something along those lines.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd be out a new computer, television, remote, etc., if that was the pick in the first round.

Stel

Starter
Agreed! Re-Sign Barksdale and draft an OG in the 2nd Round and I am feeling much better about the Rams 2015 Season!

If you re-sign Barksdale and draft Flowers, it is likely Flowers would start out as an OG. Some grade Flowers higher as a guard than as a tackle. Personally, I think he would be solid at either spot.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Nothing would surprise me but I would hate the pick at #10. But at the end of the day I have to trust in the guys that are paid to make these decisions.

Let's face it, none of us have any say anyway :D

FRO

Legend
Flowers sort of fits the profile of Brockers and Robinson. Huge guys with upside that are very young. Wouldn't shock me at all.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
It wouldn't surprise me if he was our 1st round pick. It would however surprise me if he was our selection at pick #10.

jjab360

Legend
Yes, it would surprise me, very much. It'd be the first time I was disappointed in a first round pick since Jason Smith. Especially since there's so many other good options at 10.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
It wouldn't surprise me if he was our 1st round pick. It would however surprise me if he was our selection at pick #10.

Gotta agree with Mr Walker. No way to Flowers at 10. Happier if he is low teens. I do see some potential there and you are quite right, he does have a mean streak. He does not have a future at LT. Strcitly a RT at best with his best position probably inside. I like Collins better at 10 if we can't trade down and if Collins is gone and the decision is that we MUST take a lineman there (with a view to being able to play both tackle positions) I would probably have to go Clemmings. He is very raw but has the feet to play left side down the road giving us much better options going forward.