Would anyone out there take Doriel Green-Beckham at #10?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I know he has major question marks but the more I watch his highlights the more I am impressed with his physical skills. I would prefer some other players (Winston, Mariota, Cooper, etc) but if they are all gone as expected DGB might be worth the gamble.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How you going to get the ball in his hands in order for him to be worth the use of a top ten pick on?

Rams already have Three very talented, very similar WR's/TE's to DGB on the team in 2014. This Ram Team found it hard to get the ball into those big tall receivers hands too. Then there's the other top ten selection receiver named Tavon Austin lack of involvement & production in all phases of our offense.

Looks to me we have all the toys & play things that can fill a sandbox or playpen but the missing big item is the playpen/sand box itself.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Not with his brain.
He has the talent for sure.
Tho if Cooper was there at 10 I might go for him.

Athos

Legend
If you can put in contract stipulations like with Jenkins, yea, I'd most certainly consider it.

If he didn't get suspended from MU, we'd be talking about him being the first WR off the board. Easy.

But if White/Cooper/Parker are there, there's of course, inherently less risk taking them and they will be excellent WRs in their own right.

manmaderam

The one and only
I like the kids potential but I fear he might become a Titus Young v2.0 or Josh Gordon v2.0.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
At #10? No. With our 2nd? Yes.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Living in his hometown, I have to say no I wouldn't.
He has great talent but he lacks the discipline to be great imo, his character issues are pretty alarming.
There is very little gang activity in Springfield, yet DGB managed to find it. He isn't "from a bad place". His dad was his HS football coach, the Hillcrest Hornets entire game plan was to showcase DGB. It worked very well and Beckham became the #1 ranked HS recruit.
He had everything working for him, except his own attitude.

If Britt isn't resigned and If Quick's injury isn't progressing, maybe I'd take him in the second. Maybe.

Then again he could always be the next Randy Moss? I won't bet on it though.

Athos

Legend
NO, it took him years to partially learn Mizzou's offensive system. He'd be Quick v2

Years? Say what? He was only there for two. And no one could stop him by year 2 in the system, even running the most simple of routes.

beej

Rookie
I have 2 concerns about him. Pinkle complained about a lack of work ethic when he first came to mizzou which kept him off the field a lot his first year. In fairness he might have grown out of that.

But if you couple it with an inability to stay out of trouble, that's a really bad sign for a guy trying to become a professional. I hope he turns it around and does great, I'd love to be wrong about him, but he's going to need some special mentoring.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you can put in contract stipulations like with Jenkins, yea, I'd most certainly consider it.

If he didn't get suspended from MU, we'd be talking about him being the first WR off the board. Easy.

But if White/Cooper/Parker are there, there's of course, inherently less risk taking them and they will be excellent WRs in their own right.

Totally agree! While I have really been on the DGB bandwagon (And, I wish he didn't have those issues/concerns!) I agree with you that there would be a lot less risk taking White, Cooper or Parker who all seem to be great NFL WR prospects!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would depend on my assessment of his character, work habits, work ethic, and football IQ. Physically...the guy has the ability to be a player that can do whatever he wants to a defense...a Calvin Johnson like physical talent...Danario Alexander without the knee issues is another comparison.

But if I'm going to spend a top 10 pick, I have to be convinced he'll work hard, stay out of trouble, and is smart enough to pick up my offense.

Greg Stone

Rookie
Years? Say what? He was only there for two. And no one could stop him by year 2 in the system, even running the most simple of routes.

I watched him his second year. He wasn't a starting receiver despite his talent because he didn't know the system properly. And yes, two years is "years".

Athos

Legend
I watched him his second year. He wasn't a starting receiver despite his talent because he didn't know the system properly. And yes, two years is "years".

You don't get how Pinkel operates, do you? Much like Fisher a lot of the time, Vets (i.e. upper classmen) get priority, which was another reason for not seeing the field much his freshman year. Not to mention, he was probably stalled in development because of the godawful QB situation MU had in 2012 with a year-round gimpy Franklin and a frighteningly terrible Berkstresser.

By his Sophomore year, he was undefendable. The only reason he didn't top a 1000 yards is because MU had the 3 Towers at WR (DGB, Lucas, and Washington). Both seniors. Plus being one of the SEC leading rushing teams I believe. All that and he still led the team in receptions, TDs, and 11 off in leading in yards.

So again, what's your point?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If somehow I was fully convinced that his heart was in football and that he would stay out of trouble then he would certainly be in the conversation at 10 for me. The talent is top 10 easy.

iced

i think he'll be there 2nd or 3rd day , and because of his off the field i wouldnt gamble in the first with him

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wouldn't even touch him as an undrafted free agent. After all the trouble he got into at Mizzou? Pinkel booting him off the team? Drugs, gang ties, and abusing women? No - fucking - way.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Multi-Million $$$$ Talent. 10 cent brain.

1st - No way
2nd - Highly Doubtful - too many other needs for the risk
3rd - If, and a big IF, all the homework says he checks out, maybe
4th and beyond - Risk/Reward swings toward drafting