Would all Rams fans be upset if the Rams pick Andrus Peat?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I don't get the sense from this Board that Andrus Peat is real high on most fans wish list but there is apparently some interest on the Rams part. Of course, I am guessing the Rams are doing their due diligence on checking him out plus they may just be interested in him in a trade down scenario. But, at this point nothing the Rams do in the Draft will surprise me! And, I will admit that if Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White and Scherff (And, it wouldn't totally shock me if the Rams end up picking Peat even if Scherff is still available) are all gone by the time the Rams pick I would not be upset if the Rams did select Peat (Young, great size, and a lot of upside) at #10 but I would prefer a slight trade down (But, getting a good trade value might be more difficult than some people think). Peat looks pretty good athletically and he looks like he has plenty of room to grow! If the Rams do select Peat then I still hope they draft another offensive lineman (Preferably an OG or C) later in the Daft!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't be upset if we don't have a RT.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wouldn't be upset, but I have about 6 O-lineman I would prefer!

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I would not be upset even though I do not think he will be the BPA at the 10 spot. Although there are exceptions, as a general rule I think a guy who can become first year starter at tackle (Even RT) in the NFL has more value at 10 than a day one starter at guard.

My personal expectations are that when you pick at # 10 pick you need to get someone who can be a starter or major contributor in year one if not game 1. Unlike many other positions, if an offensive lineman is not starting he is usually not contributing much at all. The question is can Peat be a day one/year one starter in the NFL. Based on the Rams current o-line depth I think he could start early so he has value at 10.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd love to have Peat. He's my number one offensive lineman in this draft, and the only one worthy of a top ten selection. There really isn't anyone with the skillset he has. Him and Cann in the second? I'd be on cloud nine until the end of the Super Bowl.

jjab360

Legend
I'd be fine with it. He's got a lot of potential and a really high floor as well with a couple minor tweaks to his technique.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would be happy w/ that selection, but I'm greedy hoping to trade down and assume miss out on him and take Flowers mid-late teens in Rd 1

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he brings value in the aspect that he could play either side, at an efficient level, and is a pretty good run blocker, something he gets dinged for that I can't figure out when I watch him. He's a beast even on a screen pass against safeties on the third level.

Keeping all of that in mind, and with the depth we currently have, especially that we don't have a ORT, I'd be OK with it. But I would be OK with taking a Cooper in the first, and a Daryl Williams, and/or Donovan Smith a little later in the draft. Both of those players can play ORT, or G, IMO. There are later round guys that can play too, but these guys can all play right now.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't be my first choice but if that is who they earmarked then I have do trust it. Their 1st rounders have been pretty good so they get the benefit of the doubt.

Peat just doesn't seem like a fit for the Rams at 10. In the run game he likes to turn and seal, just doesn't seem like the kind of run blocker they want. They seem to want more of a mauler.