Words from Whit..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Tim
1724899839284.png

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm dissapointed in Big Whit and his terrible use of punctuation. Is he indicating that the Rams were not going to start Jones, or is he indicating that he was going to sit out the season? The way he wrote it indicates the Rams did not intend on starting him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The writing was on the wall for EJ going back early last season when his knee started giving him problems. Missing time in practice, donning a brace, which I'm sure slowed him down, missing OTA's while the other LB's further themselves just put him behind the 8-ball. McSnead I think had a pretty good idea when EJ started asking for more compensation they were going to move on.

As McVay said, "For the betterment of the team".

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This trade reminds me of when they traded Ogletree. A splash player who everyone liked and when he was traded many were upset.

Their defense got better with Corey Littleton playing MLB.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This trade reminds me of when they traded Ogletree. A splash player who everyone liked and when he was traded many were upset.

Their defense got better with Corey Littleton playing MLB.
Yeah Ogletree was a clusterfuck what with them paying him then turning around and moving him once Wade got a close up of him in action. :laugh2:

Jones is of course much better than Ogletree ever was, as AO couldn't fill for shit. Hopefully Speights won't disappoint like Littleton did.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Again, I may be in the minority, but it's not really that hard for me to believe that he may have gotten beaten out for the starting job.

New ILB Coach (fresh eyes)? Timed missed during OTA's and practices?

A difference maker and/or so-called "pillar" can have those circumstances and maintain his starting gig. But, merely a solid player?

Now my concern is if one went by his bio on the Rams website, it appears that the new ILB coach hasn't coached LBs in over a decade.:whistle:

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Again, I may be in the minority, but it's not really that hard for me to believe that he may have gotten beaten out for the starting job.

New ILB Coach (fresh eyes)? Timed missed during OTA's and practices?

A difference maker and/or so-called "pillar" can have those circumstances and maintain his starting gig. But, merely a solid player?

Now my concern is if one went by his bio on the Rams website, it appears that the new ILB coach hasn't coached LBs in over a decade.:whistle:

I'm more impressed that a rookie beat him out. If that's the truth. I mean we're not in the locker room so we'll never really know the truth. However Whit is really tight with the rams organization. So for him to come out and say he wasn't going to start and was upset about it. So the rams did the right thing by trading him.

Bearing he wasn't drunk. Because damn that grammar...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, the question then becomes, how long will it take for Speights or Hummel to become the starting Inside Linebacker? Will they sub him in a lot right away?

I have trouble believing that it’s Rozeboom or Reeder that beat out Jones. But I expect them to be the starters in the beginning of the season.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams will "start" Reeder and Rozeboom, based on McVay's comments. But I think they want Speights in there by the shitter game. No way they go Reeder that week.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah Ogletree was a clusterfuck what with them paying him then turning around and moving him once Wade got a close up of him in action. :laugh2:

Jones is of course much better than Ogletree ever was, as AO couldn't fill for shit. Hopefully Speights won't disappoint like Littleton did.

AO was not bad as an OLB in a 4-3, but he was never suited to be an ILB in any D.