Woods is the best route runner since Holt and Bruce, Gurley too

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Woods is crisp and has fantastic footwork and runs on a line like he is on rails sometimes. He's smooth and deceptive. And also snaps out or in taking defenders out of the play. And he owns the inside of the hashmarks, NOBODY can keep up with him inside. He is always open there.

Gurley is also killing it coming out of the backfield. Watch him when he leaks out to the side. He moves forward at just the right time for the pass to get in front of him for a nice pick up. He and Goff have been getting that play down tightly.

Anyway, Woods is like a robot and seems to always be on the spot. He's leading the team in catches and yards. In this O there isn't really a #1, but Woods is the leader of the pack.

Goff has targeted him more than anyone else.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ehhh.
I don't think he is their ball park at all.
Don't know if he is a great route runner....depends what your talking about too.
Running the route as designed or the ability to cut on a dime etc. I did remember McVay or Snead saying he was a very good route runner when he was signed. He certainly has good chemistry with Goff on those slats, been very effective.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not saying that he is, Im saying he is the best the team has had since those two.

He gets open more than anyone.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seems to be open quite a bit so I think you're on to something .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We got hammered for the Woods signing, but he's really replicated that Garcon role for us. He's eating in the short and intermediate ranges, and he's very reliable. Would be nice for Sammy to catch up. He made another mistake today in the red-zone and cost us a TD. I hate to harp on the kid, but I just don't think he's gotten the offense down yet. Hopefully, the bye gives him a chance to catch up.

STLRam

UDFA
Despite the blowout and great offense this season, I’m curious why we haven’t taken many deep shots. Besides the spectacular Watkins over the head catch and I guess you could maybe count the Everett sideline catch in week one, everything is medium down the middle, to the sideline, or dumpoffs. I don’t have a problem with it if it equals wins but we have the right WR for it in Watkins and I still believe Tavon has the ability to succeed in deep threats aswell.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I don’t see Tavon ad a deep threat. I think he’s found his position, change of pace back. Now we need to fix that contract.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I really wanted to draft Woods w/ our second 1rst rounder when he came out--now he's here and we have an offensive guru as a HC. I'm a happy guy.

Pretty much predicted a big day for him once I saw the breakdown of the matchups.

But what really impressed me today was blocking when he didn't get the ball. Once he saw the ball went to another receiver he was holding blocks, allowing them to pick up big chunks of yards.
The guy plays until the play is over, whatever he needs to do. He just looks like a solid football player.