With the recent claim of Larry Rose III, the Rams RB room looks exciting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He produced okay, but against weak competition. Not blazing fast for a little guy. Apparently the Titans weren't impressed when he was in camp. Odds are long, but he can catch the ball, at least.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!

WOW can't believe we landed Rose. Rose and our WR the Ravens picked in the 4th were the only two players I thought would get drafted but never thought Rose would land with us. I will say this, that 3rd running back spot is going to be a hell of a warzone area. There is a potential that Brown might be cut with our RB from Tenn. joining the team.

49 TD's and 3k yards as a senior in HS

2017 Season Stats: 187 rushing attempts, 949 yards (5 ypc), 10 TDs; 55 receptions, 522 yards, 2 TDs

College career stats:
Att 770 Rush yds 4558 avg. 5.9 td's 37
rec 133 Yds. 1157 avg. 8.7 td's 5

Rose is shifty, fast, very good hands he's smaller so not the best blocker but as a 3rd down back more than likely he'll be coming out the backfield.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqd6oRldyY0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPR9fRcvTzE

Helped lead us to first first bowl game in 57 years in 2017.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnodpsXKKIY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK1FaHiCK4c

Last edited:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
He produced okay, but against weak competition. Not blazing fast for a little guy. Apparently the Titans weren't impressed when he was in camp. Odds are long, but he can catch the ball, at least.
Honestly it seems watching him that the best games he had were against bigger schools. Rose said he ran a 4.42 40-yard dash and was able to bench press 225 pounds 15 times which isn't to horrible I guess for a smaller back.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Looks like a solid pickup. I don't think he beats out Kelly or Brown, but I wouldn't hesitate to have four running backs on the roster between Gurley, Brown, Kelly, and one of Rose or Davis.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So how many RBs do we carry? Brown is a completely different back than Kelly or Rose. Brown actually can come in as a three down Back if Gurley has problems. I don’t see either Kelly or Rose fitting in the actual back up role to Gurley.

Memento

Name
Jemma
So how many RBs do we carry? Brown is a completely different back than Kelly or Rose. Brown actually can come in as a three down Back if Gurley has problems. I don’t see either Kelly or Rose fitting in the actual back up role to Gurley.

Kelly is definitely a third down back who can back up Gurley. He's a more dynamic receiver than Brown, and he blocks well. Brown is a bigger back, true, but Kelly has proven that he can at least be a good backup to Gurley on third downs.

I'm not at all saying that Brown isn't capable, but I like Kelly's skillset just a tad more than Brown's.

As for running backs carried on the roster, as I said in my previous post, it's probably going to be Gurley, Brown, and Kelly, with Rose and Davis fighting it out for the last spot.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The best chance for Rose to make the roster is to excel on special teams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kelly is definitely a third down back who can back up Gurley. He's a more dynamic receiver than Brown, and he blocks well. Brown is a bigger back, true, but Kelly has proven that he can at least be a good backup to Gurley on third downs.

I'm not at all saying that Brown isn't capable, but I like Kelly's skillset just a tad more than Brown's.

As for running backs carried on the roster, as I said in my previous post, it's probably going to be Gurley, Brown, and Kelly, with Rose and Davis fighting it out for the last spot.
I think Davis’ ball handling ability really hurt him in the coach’s eyes. You can't give up the ball like that when you are a one down back.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

And what I’m saying that IF Gurley goes down, are you putting Kelly, Rose, Davis, or Brown in as your every down Back? Personally, I’m keeping Brown for his ability to grind on a defense and he’s not a bad pass catcher. The others seem to me to be one down backs.

Memento

Name
Jemma
And what I’m saying that IF Gurley goes down, are you putting Kelly, Rose, Davis, or Brown in as your every down Back? Personally, I’m keeping Brown for his ability to grind on a defense and he’s not a bad pass catcher. The others seem to me to be one down backs.

Personally, I'd prefer Kelly if Gurley happened to go down. I see why you'd go with Brown, but Kelly is a natural third down back. Rose is a good pass-catcher out of the backfield and runs solid routes. He could actually fit as a wide receiver. Davis is a one down back with ball-security issues, but he's a much more dynamic runner than Rose.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Personally, I'd prefer Kelly if Gurley happened to go down. I see why you'd go with Brown, but Kelly is a natural third down back. Rose is a good pass-catcher out of the backfield and runs solid routes. He could actually fit as a wide receiver. Davis is a one down back with ball-security issues, but he's a much more dynamic runner than Rose.
We’ll see. I think Brown has probably reached his ceiling - much like Benny when we let him go. I was high on him too so consider the source.

Memento

Name
Jemma
We’ll see. I think Brown has probably reached his ceiling - much like Benny when we let him go. I was high on him too so consider the source.

Hey, I was high on Benny as well. He was a talented third down back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Kelly. He's a big boy and a violent runner. He's short, but he's thickly built.

Ram65

Legend

Brown is the only one that has NFL experience. Solid but, not explosive. Kelly could develop into a 3 down back. Hard runner that reportedly runs good routes with good hands. It is the pass blocking that he has to master. Davis still has question marks. Rose could be a complimentary/rotational back. Rose brings shiftiness and some explosiveness with pass catching ability. I wonder if the Rams would try him as a backup returner to Cooper as he has some good traits for that.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Man the dude runs a lot like Tavon without the top end.