Wisdom tooth pain relief

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
For the last 3-4 days my gums on the lower right side have been inflamed badly due to my wisdoms back there. Just wondering if anyone knew any way to relieve the pain and make it bearable to eat without feeling like im getting stabbed in the gums every bite.

Have tried sea salt and hot water and rinsing, helped a little bit for a very short time. Have taken tons of ibprofen, have used warm mouth wash, have cleaned the infection with hydrogen peroxide, rubbed it with oil, etc. you get the point.

This happens about once every 6-12 months, and always sucks bad.

Just wondering if any of you knew a way to relieve it or make it heal faster.

Gonna get them pulled once I get dental and shit eventually, but for now just want to ease this shit till it goes away again. Thanks for any advice.

PhxRam

I have used orajel many years ago for a toothache until I could have it looked at.

The relief is obviously temporary but it works pretty well.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have used that a few times in the past, completely forgot about it this time for some dumb reason, will have to pick some up. Thanks Phx.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was gonna suggest ora-jel too. It will definitely numb the other gum where you're biting.

That's rough pain though. I had to have one of mine yanked out because it kept biting into my gums on my bottom jaw. My friend's Dad is a dentist and he yanked it out in his office the old fashioned way just numbing me with novicaine and his dental tooth pulling tool. Sounded like he was cracking my whole jaw when he was working that wisdom tooth out. That shit fucked me up with severe pain for a day after.

All my other wisdom teeth have actually grown in fine and give me no problems. I have a big mouth lol. I looked into having a doctor knock me out to have the rest pulled... When he made sure to prescribe me super strong pain killers PRIOR to the procedure, I decided against going through with it. Crossing my fingers that they stay trouble free cause I know the pain you're dealing with and it sucks.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yes it works. Put it on a cotton ball and apply to painful area. In my younger days I had constant pain from bad teeth. It got so bad that my cardiologist advised me to have some of the teeth pulled out, which I did, as the poison from the constant infections could end up in my bloodstream. Hope this or something else eases the pain for you.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I was gonna suggest ora-jel too. It will definitely numb the other gum where you're biting.

That's rough pain though. I had to have one of mine yanked out because it kept biting into my gums on my bottom jaw. My friend's Dad is a dentist and he yanked it out in his office the old fashioned way just numbing me with novicaine and his dental tooth pulling tool. Sounded like he was cracking my whole jaw when he was working that wisdom tooth out. That crap fucked me up with severe pain for a day after.

All my other wisdom teeth have actually grown in fine and give me no problems. I have a big mouth lol. I looked into having a doctor knock me out to have the rest pulled... When he made sure to prescribe me super strong pain killers PRIOR to the procedure, I decided against going through with it. Crossing my fingers that they stay trouble free cause I know the pain you're dealing with and it sucks.

Damn, that sounds fucking painful. I hate getting any work done on my teeth and do not look forward to the day I have to get any pulled. I will definitely want to be out for that shit if possible. It's always just the one area so hopefully wont have to get em all pulled.....hopefully.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yes it works. Put it on a cotton ball and apply to painful area. In my younger days I had constant pain from bad teeth. It got so bad that my cardiologist advised me to have some of the teeth pulled out, which I did, as the poison from the constant infections could end up in my bloodstream. Hope this or something else eases the pain for you.

Will definitely have to try it then along with the ora-jel and see which works bear for it.

Thanks for the advice guys.

PhxRam

Damn, that sounds freaking painful. I hate getting any work done on my teeth and do not look forward to the day I have to get any pulled. I will definitely want to be out for that crap if possible. It's always just the one area so hopefully wont have to get em all pulled.....hopefully.

Yeah you dont want to be messing around if it is infected

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Had mine removed surgically 2 years ago. No pain. Because loratabs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I had all four of mine removed last year...and I literally couldn't eat anything for days after they were removed. Even drinking water hurt like hell. The whole fucking thing sucked...but once you get them removed and go through the inevitable pain, you'll never have to deal with that shit ever again.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If you are going to get them pulled pretty soon, you can use Goody powders or BC powders. I used to dump entire dose on tooth and let it sit there as long as I could before saliva washes it away. It would kill the pain in the tooth for quite a while and of course when you swallowed it, it would help a little too. The down side is it will kill your tooth over time so not good if you plan on trying to save the tooth.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I had that same problem earlier this year and it lasted for about 3 weeks where my gums were swollen up over my tooth and it was a struggle trying to eat or even brush my teeth. I took a lot of Ibprofen as well but it only helped a little. I don't have too much to offer you in the way of advice but, when it got really swollen, I would suck on an ice cube and that would bring down the swelling as well as numb it for a short time.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I had that same problem earlier this year and it lasted for about 3 weeks where my gums were swollen up over my tooth and it was a struggle trying to eat or even brush my teeth. I took a lot of Ibprofen as well but it only helped a little. I don't have too much to offer you in the way of advice but, when it got really swollen, I would suck on an ice cube and that would bring down the swelling as well as numb it for a short time.
My wife does that for me sometimes. :sneaky:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Tried the ice thing since haven't been able to go and get any ora-jel or clove oil. All it did was make it hurt more lol.

I really need to go get it pulled, I can tell that it has started to shift my teeth on the bottom right side of my mouth. Anyone know how much it costs without dental insurance?

PhxRam

Tried the ice thing since haven't been able to go and get any ora-jel or clove oil. All it did was make it hurt more lol.

I really need to go get it pulled, I can tell that it has started to shift my teeth on the bottom right side of my mouth. Anyone know how much it costs without dental insurance?

got a ice skate lying around?