William Jackson visits Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Saw a tweet on turfshowtimes saying that S Kevin Byard MTSU is visiting. Also a LBer Jatavis Brown from Akron.

Last year's pre draft visits were loaded with first round types. Not so much so far this year.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams will draft a CB in the 4th round, IMHO and this is how I see it breaking out after they trade up in the draft and give up one of their 2nd round picks:
  1. Quarterback (You know it, I know it and the American People know it.)
  2. Wide Receiver (It's a must and WR Coach Mike Groh will pound the table)
  3. Tight End (Another Need for new TE Coach John Lily.)
  4. Corner Back (Fisher likes DB's)
Add a defensive tackle in round 6 and there you have it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NFL.com has Jackson rated as the #42nd draft prospect. Snead could get lucky & see Jackson lurking on the board with that initial 2nd rd pick.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:2

CBS NFL Draft has Jackson rated higher sitting there @ #27(late first rd pick) where if the Rams were to do a trade down Snead might reel this CB into LA.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I would be elated :)with Jackson III as a Ram either as a late first or top second but not @ #15. Having a youthful talented corner like Jackson III would greatly soften the blow of Trumaine Johnson's departure next yr in March in free agency if they don't get a deal done. Wise move IMO. Another reason not to burn all our draft selections to move up. Smarter to be prepared & act when you have the materials & can prepare yourself for the probable losses. CB's play an important vital role in this Gregg defense.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Sounds like the rams are setting there sights on cb in the first they have shown interest in 3 or 4 of them that are projected to go round 1.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the three QBs are off the board I'd prefer the Rams go with an offensive skill player. It would be a small reach, but the need is enormous and it's better than reaching for Cook IMO. Some options there in order:

1. TE Henry. He's gonna be off the board in the early 20s, so 15 is not that bad a reach. He would be far more impacting to this team's win/loss record than a CB for the depth chart. Just line him up in Cook's role in the offense and watch him reap first downs for this offense.

2. WR Doctson. I've been wrangling over him vs Treadwell for some time now, and tbh I think Doctson helps the Rams more than Laquon does because of his great hands, catch radius and leaping ability. The dude can make up for QB inaccuracy, basically, which edges him above Treadwell and his size.

3. WR Treadwell. Like the two above him I see Treadwell as a guy who would fit nicely what the Rams do. Physical receiver who is perfect for our division, makes contested catches and muscles DBs for extra yards. Probably the best run blocker among all the wideouts, which is something that is often overlooked.

4. WR Shepard. This guy is not a typical slot receiver. He will be able to line up out wide and get mismatches. Basically he fattens this group and allows for the Rams to move down if the QBs go off the board quickly and still know that they can get a good WR. Uncoverable. Feisty, and best instant-separation option in this draft, which is going to benefit whoever drafts him greatly on third and short type downs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Merlin I believe that the Rams also had Shepard in for a visit, or plan to.

Sounds like the rams are setting there sights on cb in the first they have shown interest in 3 or 4 of them that are projected to go round 1.

Or they are just finding out which they like the most in case one of them drops in range of their first second round pick. Maybe they even trade back into round 1 to nab one.

I really don't think we can make any deductions on who is visiting. Last year out of 30 visits I think they did take Havenstein and Jamon Brown. Then there were 28 other visitors not picked. If I am right Gurley was no a pre draft visit. Maybe a private workout?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It is possible that the Rams want everyone to think that QB is not on the menu in round 1. Thus the naming of Keenum as starter, all of these visits with players of different positions. Connor Cook being the only QB they show obvious interest in.

They could just be trying to disguise their desires. Gurley was not on the pre draft visit lists that I looked up. Just Saying.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They could just be trying to disguise their desires. Gurley was not on the pre draft visit lists that I looked up. Just Saying.

Truth. Last year they talked to the coaches at Georgia to confirm he was what they thought he was, verified his medical side, and as Snead said closed the book on him.

I do not doubt they have done the same with at least one of the top QBs if not all of them. Snead and Fish are masters of smoke and mirrors. When it comes to the draft those two have a great feel, and you can't really nail them down on anything.