Will Ohio State make a run at McVay??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Home grown kid makes good and maybe could become next head coach at The Ohio State University?

Just curious when the first rumors hit? I can't imagine he would do that unless leaving the hectic LA lifestyhe might be something he wanted.

Probably too early in his run in the NFL to make such a move, but I could see that down the road that might be the only type job that could pull him away, although his NFL roots are so deep that college may not even be on his radar.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't understand why McVay, or anyone who is already coaching in the NFL, would spend one second contemplating a college job unless they were forced to because of a plummeting career in the pros.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Home grown kid makes good and maybe could become next head coach at The Ohio State University?

Just curious when the first rumors hit? I can't imagine he would do that unless leaving the hectic LA lifestyhe might be something he wanted.

Probably too early in his run in the NFL to make such a move, but I could see that down the road that might be the only type job that could pull him away, although his NFL roots are so deep that college may not even be on his radar.

Not real concerned about losing McVay at this time to Ohio State BUT I am hoping that he and the Rams can come to a LONG TERM Agreement ASAP!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Home grown? Didn't he grow up in Georgia? I know he went to High School there

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Bro McVay is not going anywhere for a long time.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Ohio State has as much of a chance at landing McVay as I do landing Rihanna.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
McV's not going anywhere. But after seeing how some Tennessee Vols fans convinced themselves that Gruden was interested in coaching there, I could see the same type of, uh, thinking hitting OSU's search committee, leading them to pursue McVay.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im not sure Mcvays lady friend would ever want to leave LA for Ohio (no offense Ohio) and you can bet that would play a part in his decision

i can see Mcvay after 10-15 years of whopping up on the NFC west with JG at his side he could mosey off into the sunset to coach in college(one of the cali ones ) .. or better yet imagine him in the booth ... talk about commentary id pay to listen too

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
giphy.gif

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
McV's not going anywhere. But after seeing how some Tennessee Vols fans convinced themselves that Gruden was interested in coaching there, I could see the same type of, uh, thinking hitting OSU's search committee, leading them to pursue McVay.
Thinking? What thinking? Where?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This concept is so silly, I don't know what to say... leave sunny LA and a winning NFL team for Columbus-freaking-Ohio and a college team that isn't even in the playoffs?

Fuhgitabutit!!

Wish we could shut down a thread based on improbability.