Why Randy Moss Could Look Good in St. Louis for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick to death at the Rams continuous use of used up veterans and the medically lacking and walking (or limping) wounded ....I'm sick to death at worrying about some guy with a bum stick landing wrong or new swelling and all that other crap. This is the time for change (not hope & change). This is the time for this team to build for tomorrow and the next day. This is NOT the time for has beens trying to extend their pay days another season, what are we, good will? This is the opportunity to build an organization that will represent for the next decade.....to hell with the Moss's of the world, give this team what it sorely needs and its fans deserve, new blood, not retreads.....I'm sick of it and I'm sick of losing.....thanks for listening. :amped: :bummed:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Never underestimate someone who feels they have something left to prove.

I've never been a fan of Moss, but if he's still capable of playing like the Randy of old then I think a team with WR need like the Rams need to take a look at him. If he's willing to sign a low dollar, incentive-laden contract (as suggested in the article) then what would the team be out?
If he doesn't work out just cut him and be done with it.

Teams in the Rams position shouldn't be too quick to discount anyone.

steferfootball

Starter
ramsince62 said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick to death at the Rams continuous use of used up veterans and the medically lacking and walking (or limping) wounded ....I'm sick to death at worrying about some guy with a bum stick landing wrong or new swelling and all that other crap. This is the time for change (not hope & change). This is the time for this team to build for tomorrow and the next day. This is NOT the time for has beens trying to extend their pay days another season, what are we, good will? This is the opportunity to build an organization that will represent for the next decade.....to hell with the Moss's of the world, give this team what it sorely needs and its fans deserve, new blood, not retreads.....I'm sick of it and I'm sick of losing.....thanks for listening. :amped: :bummed:
Just to play devil's advocate, Moss hasn't really ever had injury problems.

Motivation problems however......

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
ramsince62 said:

Ram brother you have said a mouthful. :plus1:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
steferfootball said:
ramsince62 said:

In this case, the "used up veterans" applied. :ww:

moklerman

Warner-phile
If the Rams were to take this route, I'd rather they gave T.O. a look. Moss has always been a guy who compliments an offense that is already good. In Minnesota across from Cris Carter and with all the weapons they had, in New England with Welker and that whole offense he's been the knockout punch. As the #1 guy on average/bad teams like Oakland, Tennessee, etc. he's been disinterested.

The Rams would be a terrible fit IMO. But T.O. as the go-to guy when it was time to actually pass the ball? Even at 38 I could actually imagine that working. Not long term, but for 2012. Especially if Blackmon and Amendola are there.

I would like the #1 WR spot to be filled long term but I'm not sure that's possible at this point. Even if the Rams take Blackmon, I'm not sure he's the answer. He's no Calvin or Larry or Andre so who knows if he can fill the role of go-to, #1 WR at the NFL level?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
moklerman said:
If the Rams were to take this route, I'd rather they gave T.O. a look. Moss has always been a guy who compliments an offense that is already good. In Minnesota across from Cris Carter and with all the weapons they had, in New England with Welker and that whole offense he's been the knockout punch. As the #1 guy on average/bad teams like Oakland, Tennessee, etc. he's been disinterested.

The Rams would be a terrible fit IMO. But T.O. as the go-to guy when it was time to actually pass the ball? Even at 38 I could actually imagine that working. Not long term, but for 2012. Especially if Blackmon and Amendola are there.

I would like the #1 WR spot to be filled long term but I'm not sure that's possible at this point. Even if the Rams take Blackmon, I'm not sure he's the answer. He's no Calvin or Larry or Andre so who knows if he can fill the role of go-to, #1 WR at the NFL level?
I dunno. Do you think we can pry him away from the IFL and his $400.00 a day paychecks?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVGX9XBpgrs[/youtube]

The former NFL star had five catches for 50 yards and a touchdown in the Allen Wranglers 45-28 victory over the New Mexico Stars. It was his second appearance with the team. He scored three touchdowns in his league debut last month. In that game, Owens was not acquainted with the only-in-indoor-football move of getting tackled into the front row of seating.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 06822.html

steferfootball

Starter
BatteringRam said:
ramsince62 said:
We'll see how this used up veteran looks against us twice a year in a 9er uniform.
I can't wait for the 6'4" Moss with a 48" vert goes up against our 5'9" stud cornerback. :what:

steferfootball

Starter
ramsince62 said:
steferfootball said:
ramsince62 said:

Truth. But our youngins get injured too....remind me why I'm a rams fan again? The chiliidogs arn't that good.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X said:
I dunno. Do you think we can pry him away from the IFL and his $400.00 a day paychecks?
Might take a little persuading...maybe fly SJ, Bradford and Finnegan down there to talk him into it.

T.O. has his problems but the dude loves football enough to still be out there playing for essentially nothing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
moklerman said:
X said:
Might take a little persuading...maybe fly SJ, Bradford and Finnegan down there to talk him into it.

T.O. has his problems but the dude loves football enough to still be out there playing for essentially nothing.
Yeah, I never had a problem with T.O. He's a mouthy cat, but so what. He's more of a team player than Moss is, that's for sure. And I was a pretty big proponent of getting T.O. here back in 2010 and 2011 too. It certainly couldn't have been any worse if he was here then.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I would take T.O. over any WR on the Rams roster.....including Lloyd. How have we not even worked him out???

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I got no problem bringing TO. in to camp. I'm not sure he has any legs left, but there's one way to find out.
He seems desperate, so he should just buckle down and want to play ball.