why i say no qb in early rounds. input please.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
talking to a friend who's a huge fan of Oklahoma, I brought up Bradford coming back next year. he made a comment that really stuck with me. he said Bradford will never be successful with the rams but would probably already have a super bowl ring with the colts pats or even the 9ers. o_O What! he said that he had one of the best olines that they've ever had at Oklahoma and he cant react to pressure. he never developed that sense. there were a lot of times this year that me and my dad commented that bradford would have been sacked after hill or davis escaped and saved the play. Bradford was essentially playing on a college allstar team against sub par competition. he used the analogy of the Waterboy with adam sandler saying that coming to the rams was like him playing for the Mud Dogs and us expecting a championship. hmmm
so heres my thought. why not look for a good qb who does not go to one of the top schools in the country. who's had to play with bad to descent recievers and a weak oline. who knows how to bring a team back and use the tools he has at a given moment. hell if that even exists. im just thinking that Winston and even marriota would struggle without their specific bada$$ team. kinda like mark sanchez and vince young.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peyton Manning and Tom Brady both played on strong teams. If you can play, you can play. Bradford's long overcome that issue. Right now, his hurdle is durability.

Some years, the top QBs come from schools that aren't powerhouses. Some years, the top QBs come from powerhouse schools. Neither guarantees success. You gotta work with what you have. This year, the top QBs are from stronger schools.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I want us to cast a wide net and try to evaluate any QB who could be successful. I do have a man crush on Bryce Petty and would be happy to see him horns.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
All I know is that when Bradford went down, Snead should have had a meeting with the scouting dept. telling them to go out and scout the f--k out of the QBs in the country in an attempt to find an overlooked gem or a diamond in the rough. Really hope they did something like that.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
All I know is that when Bradford went down, Snead should have had a meeting with the scouting dept. telling them to go out and scout the f--k out of the QBs in the country in an attempt to find an overlooked gem or a diamond in the rough. Really hope they did something like that.
When you take away the quality decrease from not having gone through camp with the Rams and learned their system, I think Hill/Davis would have pretty clearly outshown anyone they could have found.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
When you take away the quality decrease from not having gone through camp with the Rams and learned their system, I think Hill/Davis would have pretty clearly outshown anyone they could have found.

I meant for this coming season, not last season. They had to know QB was going to be an issue this season even if Sam comes back, I hope Snead had his scouts putting extra time into looking at all the college QB's who will become available this coming spring. It's always a longshot to find that diamond in the rough, but it's not unheard of and it never hurts to put in extra work to find one - especially in the situation we're in now.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I've also heard some talk about Grayson.
I haven't seen him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think Glennon could have done more...but I doubt TB was willing to trade him at that point...and it probably would have taken him time to learn the scheme.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Glennon could have done more...but I doubt TB was willing to trade him at that point...and it probably would have taken him time to learn the scheme.

You're killing me counselor because if the Rams do not acquire Mike Glennon I'm going to be somewhat bummed.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Honestly, I can't see how Cardale Jones isn't the 3rd best QB in the draft. I. Can't. Believe. I. Wrote. That.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Seems kinda like the OP would want a Hundley type at QB. Not really an outstanding receiving corps, and a pretty bad O-Line when including all the injuries for UCLA.
While i'm in total agreement with the OP's suggestion at not reaching for this years weak draft class at QB, i'm not sure it's for the same reasoning. I'm good with adding a couple new free agent QB's for insurance behind Bradford for one more year while awaiting a stronger/deeper QB class in 2016. jmo.