Why I love the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Why am I still a fan today? It all started close to 50 years ago. I grew up near Fresno. I coulda been a 49er or Raider fan. But me and my best friend Marty watched a game with Roman Gabriel throwing to Jack Snow. We idolized those guys and it wasn't hard to form an allegiance to the horns.

The local stations played all the 49er games. So we would turn that 30 foot outside antennae towards Bakersfield which showed all the Rams games. The reception was a little snowy but we could see and hear enough to enjoy the game. We became diehard fans at a young age.

The years went by and into adulthood. We had our families. But me and Marty still got together every Sunday to watch the Rams. We watched the Hadle to Jackson combo. The Knox years. Youngblood, McCutcheon and Dickerson. Good times like the Waddy catch and run to beat the Cowboys and get in the Superbow. Disappointments like the phantom sack with Everett.

I couldn't imagine not being a Rams fan. Marty has since passed away, about ten years ago. I moved to the north valley. Things have changed. But not my love for the Rams. These forums allow me to communicate with like minded fans. And I feel Marty is here with me on game days. The Rams are a part of me. Always been and always will be.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I became a fan during that magical 1999 season, mainly because they were the football team in St. Louis at the time. But as I grew older, I learned about the Fearsome Foursome, Night Train Lane, Crazy Legs, Waterfield and Van Brocklin, Roman Gabriel, and others too many to count. When I saw that history, I was hooked.

I fully expect them to get back into relevance, starting with this game against the Panthers.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
In 1973 ( I was 5) I loved porpoises and Dolphins.....so my natural progression was to like the Miami Dolphins who my father hated...for Christmas my Lil brother asked Santa for a Washington Redskins uniform with pads....and I asked for a Dolphins uni..... my brother got his Redskins uni and I got a Los Angeles Rams uni....... the rest is history.......Rams fan for life.... ;)

Go Rams........ ;)

JackStraw

Rookie
I was thinking about this over a cup of coffee this morning...

Probably overthinking things... Bored, certainly.

Simple question though...

Maybe the answer should be simple? I've been a fan for so long, grew up with them, etc. That's it, right?

After years of poor play, why do I love this team? Do I enjoy the punishment? Something is going on... otherwise the cumulative effect of losing would seem to drive a sane man away.

So what gives?

For me the most simple answer might be; I love hanging out with you guys. I enjoy reading your opinions. ROD brings me considerable entertainment.

Without ROD would I be off the bandwagon? I doubt it, but it's worth asking.

So here is what I've concluded; I love the anticipation of game day. Regardless of our record, I wake up on Sundays excited to watch football and always have a belief we will win... "and here's how".

I am fascinated by the strategy of the NFL.

The strategy of building a team; draft, choosing players to retain, and free agency.

The strategy of game day; how to win the the matchup at hand.

I love the horns. This is my team. I am invested. That's no surprise to you guys, but I don't know how a person breaks away from it.

That is all.

See you in the vent thread. :sneaky:
Awesome
The only thing I would add is my how much I love an underdog
Team wins? AWESOME. Who wants to arm wrestle? Who wants to TRY and beat me in a 40 yard dash? Who wants to listen to LA sports radio all week with me?
Team loses? Alright, I get it. But next week we're gonna leave the haters and media stiffs speechless and us fans will schedule a parade to shit all over their shitty Mondays.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
sometimes i wish i didnt love the rams

i mean i have no location ties to the the team ...im on the other side of the world ..i could easily go root for a winning team no one i know in my personal life would care if i changed teams ...i could tell them the rams have bankrupt and no longer they wouldn't check...i could just follow football

but me? ..Mr Londoner .. screw it i was born with blue and gold in my blood im sure of it ... those horns those colours ..the Spags and Linehan years..spending hours watching all three rounds of the draft in front of my computer back in the day it was three rounds in one day ..literally ignoring the ex wife (thats not why she is the ex FYI ;)) ...sure we suck ..but we as are rams fans are allowed to say it ... anyone else the screw you you asshat

i guess i cant help it..i'm sick and need help for a addiction i dont want to lose

so keep losing...start winning ..suck balls are win superbowls ...because ill be here no matter what