Who will be the Rams 1st Free Agent Signing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Trade for Victor Cruz w/16th pick. Cap friendly figure in 2013, then we pay him what he deserves when we have more room in 2014 ($10 mill free from Mikell)

A55VA6

Legend
rams24/7 said:
Trade for Victor Cruz w/16th pick. Cap friendly figure in 2013, then we pay him what he deserves when we have more room in 2014 ($10 mill free from Mikell)
Yes. This.

jap

Legend
rams24/7 said:

Why the 16th overall? Let the G-Men deal with the 22th overall, if possible. Then let's take the best stab at a first rounder we can get. :ww:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
jap said:
rams24/7 said:

Why the 16th overall? Let the G-Men deal with the 22th overall, if possible. Then let's take the best stab at a first rounder we can get. :ww:

It has to be the teams original 1st round pick, hence #16.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Jared Cook :crossed:

edit: I don't like the idea of using a high pick and cap space, even for Cruz.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Victor Cruz receives first-round tender, changes agents

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/victor-cruz-receives-first-round-tender-change-agents-211933961--nfl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... um=twitter</a>

According to New York Giants CEO John Mara, the club has placed the highest possible tender on restricted free agent wide receiver Victor Cruz, Mike Garafolo of USA Today Sports reports.

The first-round restricted free agent tender is worth $2.879 million in non-guaranteed base salary in 2013. Cruz, who joined the Giants as an undrafted free agent out of UMASS, has earned around $1.25 million in salary during his first three seasons in the NFL.

"Certainly, we're taking a risk. But we would still have to right to match, and if we decided not to do that, we're getting a first-round draft pick out of it," Mara said, according to Garafolo.

Cruz missed most of his rookie season with a hamstring injury. Over the last two seasons, however, Cruz has 168 receptions for 2,628 yards and 19 touchdowns, earning second-team All-Pro honors in 2011 and Pro Bowl honors after the 2012 season.

In addition to receiving the first-round tender, Cruz has changed agents for the second time in less than a year.

Originally represented by Abu Toppin, Cruz changed agents last March, hiring Malik Shareef. Cruz has now moved on to Tom Condon of CAA Football, who also represents Giants quarterback Eli Manning.

duckhunter

Starter
If it was me I'd take a stab at a solid young LB such as Wheeler or Ellerbe. It's not sexy and doesn't wow anyone but keeps improving the talent level even though it's not a critical position.

I don't need a big splash but would be happy with smart healthy up and coming talent that want to make their mark.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
duckhunter said:
If it was me I'd take a stab at a solid young LB such as Wheeler or Ellerbe. It's not sexy and doesn't wow anyone but keeps improving the talent level even though it's not a critical position.

I don't need a big splash but would be happy with smart healthy up and coming talent that want to make their mark.

Ditto.

I'm not all that interested in big names Wallace or Jennings, Long, etc.

I guess, if the Rams make a move like that I'll support it. But for the price we could add more pieces instead of one or two.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Why do I gt the feeling it will be Dashon Goldson??

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I've been getting the feeling it's Loadholt or Winston

duckhunter

Starter
brokeu91 said:

Loadholt may not be real sexy but is a power guy. FWIW, he has a connection with SB from college days.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
A55VA6 said:
rams24/7 said:
Yes. This.

I was thinking the same thing today. I think this is doable.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
duckhunter said:
brokeu91 said:

Loadholt may not be real sexy but is a power guy. FWIW, he has a connection with SB from college days.

Loadholt and Delmas would be sweet.

When healthy, Delmas is pro bowl caliper.

Loadholt would be the first RT since Ryan Tucker to anchor the spot with legitimacy.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL
@Edro_41 There are better receivers in the draft then Victor Cruz and the 31 other teams recognize that. Giving a 1st rd pick for him..NO!
03:12 PM - 11 Mar 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A55VA6

Legend
I'm hearing Rams are going strong for Jake Long. Rams and Bears are frontrunners.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ram Quixote said:
Jared Cook :crossed:

edit: I don't like the idea of using a high pick and cap space, even for Cruz.

This

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL
@Edro_41 There are better receivers in the draft then Victor Cruz and the 31 other teams recognize that. Giving a 1st rd pick for him..NO!
03:12 PM - 11 Mar 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony, I beg to differ. Could you name me exactly who that WR is other than Austin (who I'd still take w/our other 1st rounder). And how can you say that any of these college players is better than Cruz? These guys are unproven, yet you can't argue Cruz's longs of 74, 68, 47, 72, 42, 99, 74, 80, 77, and 49 throughout his 2 years as a starter. He is dynamic and as shown by his LONG TDs a threat to score from anywhere on the field!