Who Will Be Next Rams Starting Center?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Now that Austin Blythe has signed with the Chiefs, the Rams will be starting someone else at C in 2021. Lots of names already being tossed around. Will it be someone already on the roster? A vet FA? A draftee?

Let this thread begin the speculation.

Personally, I think its in-house. Anchrum, Shelton, Allen or Corbett. I like Anchrum first, he only changes one position on the OL, leaving the continuity mostly in place.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
F20DBD51-EE6E-4755-80A9-EB66E859E2A1.jpeg

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm ok with being confident in filling roles from within or rookies when they standout but depends on the position and the situation.

So that said offensive line is not a place I'm willing to fool around with. I hope they have a plan. You cannot push all your chips in and then skimp on protecting your asset.

It's like buying a Ferrari and putting cheap gas in it.
Or splurging on an expensive top notch steak and dousing in with ketchup (and please no wise asses trying to defend that lmao nobody puts ketchup on a 100 dollar steak!!!)

"Wonder twin powers activate in the form of a veteran better center than Blythe via trade or FA!!" This is a huge year for Mcvay if the blocking is subpar then his offense will be called into question with a myriad of other things.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
zMGPV1R.jpg

Just need a few work outs with Reggie and I'm ready...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Corbett most likely, possibly Anchrum.
I have Meinerz starting at LG and cross-training for Center.
Edwards would then move back to RG

Last edited:

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Said this in another thread, I really think it's going to be Corbett with a drafted lineman that can develop into our future center starting at guard.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Corbett with Evans taking his spot at RG.

And they hang onto Havenstein unless they get a REALLY sweet offer.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Is he available?

Screenshot_20210330-155810_Pinterest.jpg

He fills 2 needs, a starting center and another submission into the boob thread.... you're all welcome :LOL:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
It'll be Brian Allen. He's had over a year to recover from injury. He may be replaced later in the year by a draft pick or I could see Brewer replacing him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It'll be Brian Allen. He's had over a year to recover from injury. He may be replaced later in the year by a draft pick or I could see Brewer replacing him.

Brewer at Center ? It's the only OL position he hasn't played.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I absolutely hate entering the draft with a huge hole at center. Its a terrible terrible idea. There are some good centers in this draft but when you're completely transparent with your needs it's tough to get the guys you want.

We were very passive in FA with OL so I hope we get aggressive and move up to take a C/G if there's one we really want.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Don't see it being Allen. I think we'll have a rookie there. At least the rookie will have Stafford to lean on and learn from.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I absolutely hate entering the draft with a huge hole at center. Its a terrible terrible idea. There are some good centers in this draft but when you're completely transparent with your needs it's tough to get the guys you want.

We were very passive in FA with OL so I hope we get aggressive and move up to take a C/G if there's one we really want.
Yes, it's definitely the downside of teams seeing a glaring hole on our roster. Hopefully we get one of the good ones. Here's to hoping other good players slide in the draft further pushing centers down the draft board.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brewer at Center ? It's the only OL position he hasn't played.

Lol - That’s why he took off all season. To prepare for being The Rams starting Center. - Brewer that is.

Allen might be the reality. Believe The Rams won’t say anything if he is until after the draft.