Who was the better Rookie? Patterson vs Austin(Video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Patterson is bigger and harder to tackle when they get their hands on him, but Austin is harder to get your hands on! I'd take Patterson at KR, and Austin at PR. As receivers, they are a different, and both have special skills.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am glad that we have Austin. I know Patterson was supposed to be extremely raw, and that was why the Rams didn't take a chance on him (among other reasons). I wonder if they knew then what they know now, if they would have moved up for Austin?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I was a Patterson honk during that draft. I always saw Austin in an Az Hakim role. IF Quick or Britt become the big outside WR threat, I will admit the Rams did well to move up. Their return skills offset.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Patterson is going to be good.

But, Austin is a one of a kind player. His ability to cut is unlike anyone in the game right now. He's a big play waiting to happen.

Athos

Legend
Patterson jukes like a RB. He has incredible balance. If he catches on to the finer details of being a WR, I think he has the better career and it won't even be close.

He's got he size at 6'2 220 to dominate for years to come. He made the Ravens look rather silly. His ball skills are off the charts when he gets his hands on it.

Getting his hands on it is the problem. And being in the right place.

Austin catches on first I think and will probably be more consistent early on. But Patterson.....he has the bigger upside.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I was praying Rams would take both. Unfortunately for my dreams, Patterson went 29th I think but then the Rams grabbed Ogletree which was the right call.

Patterson will be awesome. He needs better ball protection though.

In the end, I'm taking Austin. He's so multi-dimensional and unique. My memory of just how slippery he is had faded. Dude is liquid.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd still take Tavon over Patterson. I think that Austin's going to have a huge year, personally.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's like chicken or steak, it all depends on who the chef is.....I did want Cord...but I'm happy with Tavon....now this lil thing about injuries will decide their futures....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was in favor of drafting Patterson, simply due to his size and potential. I thought he had incredible moves as a rookie - both lateral movement and his ability to stop-n-go. But somehow I knew the Rams were going to go up and get Austin. Which is fine. I have no qualms about that. I'd rather he be on the Rams than another team in this division.

PolarBear

Rookie
I would prefer Patterson now, he has shown all the makings of a #1 receiver as a rookie and had a great rookie season despite being raw.

RamWoodie

Legend
MAN O' MAN if TA hadn't got injured. I don't mind saying I wanted Patterson...but how do you lose with either guy???

Agamemnon

Rookie
I wanted both. I liked Patterson better and he wouldn't have cost an extra 2cd rounder. I am happy with Austin though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wanted both. I liked Patterson better and he wouldn't have cost an extra 2cd rounder. I am happy with Austin though.
Yeah, you and I were banging that drum all the way up to April.