Who the Rams are meeting with at the Shrine Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
I found this list today, and it shows who the Rams are meeting with at night after the Shrine Game practices.

One guy that really interests me in Deon Bush. He's really good in coverage for a physical SS, but he needs some work in run defense angles.

Do you guys really like anyone we are talking to?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I found this list today, and it shows who the Rams are meeting with at night after the Shrine Game practices.

One guy that really interests me in Deon Bush. He's really good in coverage for a physical SS, but he needs some work in run defense angles.

Do you guys really like anyone we are talking to?
Can ypu post the list?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Top on that list should be Darian Griswold. Bolden is a close second. They both cover need and Bolden is a MLB in the role of a Borland, so he could be a replacement for Laurinitis. Griswold has been tearing it up at the Shrine practices. He is looking like a very good and versatile do it all TE.

There is a DE from Stonybrook named Victor Ochi that is intriguing.

MLB Antwoine Williams from Georgia Southern is a side line to side line LB that can cover routes and is 245. He could fit the Rams need.

and not that the Rams would take an OT, but Stephone Nembot from Colorado is a pure beast at 6-7 and 320 pounds with a washboard stomach.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Here are Mayocks Shrine reports from NFL.Com path to the draft section.

Day 2

East team practice
» Arkansas State TE Darion Griswold: He had a really nice day. Griswold ran good routes and made a really nice catch on a Y seam between good coverage. I think he opened some eyes again today.

» Illinois RB Josh Ferguson: He is really quick. If you watch his change of direction, he really pops. I'm eager to go watch tape on him after seeing him here. I really liked watching him. He's kind of a third-down change-of-pace guy who needs to catch the football, and he does it effortlessly.

» South Florida safety Jamie Byrd: He's only listed at 185 pounds. He's got some quickness but he's undersized. Fun to watch.

» Miami safety Deon Bush: Bush is a bigger safety than Byrd at 6-1, 205. He did a nice job today covering tight ends in one-on-one drills, and he should.

» UMass WR Tajae Sharpe: He's a lean kid; they list him at 6-3, 188. I like him on tape. He catches the ball well, and has flashed in each of the three practice this week.

» Stony Brook pass rusher Victor Ochi: He looked really good today, and has had a really nice week. He's 244 pounds. He has heavy hands, meaning he's able to control defenders. This is another guy I need to go back and do more work on.

West team practice
» Illinois WR Geronimo Allison: He has length, toughness; he blocks, made catches every day. I thought he had a really impressive week. I liked his toughness.

» Manitoba DL Ebuka Onyemata: He's got a big-time body. He's listed 6-4, 300, he has no idea what he's doing yet, but he's got size and he's got movement skills. He's very raw, but he's got an ability to turn into something. A few years ago, Akiem Hicks from Canada was in this game and became a third-round pick. I'm not saying (Onyemata) is a third-round pick, but he's got talent and movement skills, and some team is going to want to develop that.

» Colorado OT Stephane Nembot: He didn't play much high school football, and went to Colorado as a defensive end and got moved to tackle, so he's hardly played football. But he's 6-7, 320, with good feet as a former basketball player. He has no clue what he's doing, but he's a raw, developmental prospect and that's what this game's all about.

» Nebraska OT Alex Lewis: He's had a solid week, I think he's one of the better offensive linemen in this game, along with the Michigan kid, Graham Glasgow, who is on the East team.

Day 1 notes:

TAMPA, Fla. -- I really enjoy coming here every year to watch the East-West Shrine Game practices. It allows me to see many prospects for the first time in person. It also forces me to go back on some players and do more work in the tape room.

On Monday, I think I saw a potential NFL starter in Michigan center Graham Glasgow. I saw a few kids on Day 2 that showed me things I hadn't seen on tape, and will give me reason to pull more tape on them when I return home.

Below are some notes on players that showed flashes on Tuesday; I concentrated on linemen the past two days, and tomorrow I'll focus on quarterbacks and receivers.

East team practice
» South Carolina State DT Javon Hargrave: He's undersized (6-foot-2, 295 pounds), but a quick and explosive player. He's flashed both days in the pass-rush drills and in the one-on-ones. And even in the team drills, you can see how quick his get-off is.

» Florida Atlantic DT Trevon Coley: He's similar to Hargrave in that he's also undersized (6-2, 300) but explosive. I like both of those kids.

» Boston College safety Justin Simmons: He's not necessarily a highly rated kid but he might be able to play both safety and corner. He's big and strong, and I loved his tape against Notre Dame.

» North Carolina State OL Joe Thuney: He played tackle in college, but they're kicking him inside here and playing him at guard. He's had a pretty good week so far. I'll be interested to see how he finishes it out. I like his versatility; he could be a swing lineman.

» South Carolina OT Brandon Shell: His play here has been better than his tape. It looks like he's lost some weight. He's looked good in the one-on-one drills. He's displayed good footwork and has been really aggressive. He's a kid I need to do some more work on because of that.

West team practice
» Illinois safety Clayton Fejedelem: The kid's been all around the ball for two days now. He had 140 tackles this past season so you knew coming in that he was a tough guy. And he is. But it has been nice to see him around the ball, making plays in the passing game.

» Stanford WR Devon Cajuste:: He's kind of an intriguing guy because he catches the ball really well. What I want to see is if he can be effective as an H-back, as opposed to just a wide receiver, which he played a Stanford. I'm eager to see him in the run game to see if he can block. He catches the ball very well and offers a distinctive skill set for the NFL.

» Nebraska OT Alex Lewis: He's had two solid days with his pass sets in the one-on-one drills. I'm eager to watch him take over in the team drills in these practices, but I really like him in the one-on-one pass sets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000625525/article/eastwest-shrine-game-day-2-observations
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000626082/article/eastwest-shrine-game-day-3-observations

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
More who's talking to who for Rams on different days.

Los Angeles Rams: Illlinois CB V'Angelo Bentley, UCLA LB Aaron Wallace, Miami (Fla.) DB Deon Bush

Los Angeles Rams: Navy ATH Keenan Reynolds, Purdue CB Anthony Brown, Colorado CB Ken Crawley (CBs is there a theme there?)

I strongly suggest clicking the links above. There are links to other info on those pages. Lots of daily info.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Enlighten me. What is the East/West Shrine game?

Is it like the senior bowl but for players from smaller colleges?

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Enlighten me. What is the East/West Shrine game?

Is it like the senior bowl but for players from smaller colleges?

Basically, yeah. More the Day 2/Day 3 prospects.

I really like that Ochi guy, although I'm not sure I want a pass rusher in the 4th (where he will likely go).

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Top on that list should be Darian Griswold. Bolden is a close second. They both cover need and Bolden is a MLB in the role of a Borland, so he could be a replacement for Laurinitis. Griswold has been tearing it up at the Shrine practices. He is looking like a very good and versatile do it all TE.

There is a DE from Stonybrook named Victor Ochi that is intriguing.

MLB Antwoine Williams from Georgia Southern is a side line to side line LB that can cover routes and is 245. He could fit the Rams need.

and not that the Rams would take an OT, but Stephone Nembot from Colorado is a pure beast at 6-7 and 320 pounds with a washboard stomach.

I've never heard of Griswold, but I'd love to draft a TE at some point.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've never heard of Griswold, but I'd love to draft a TE at some point.

Most haven't heard of him, me included because he played at Arkansas State. I don't even know if they had a televised game this year. I just read whatever reports I can find.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Basically, yeah. More the Day 2/Day 3 prospects.

I really like that Ochi guy, although I'm not sure I want a pass rusher in the 4th (where he will likely go).

He sounds like he is raw in technique but has everything else. I recall people saying Jason Pierre Paul was a bit raw but he was a freak of nature. He worked out pretty well. If the Rams do what many of us think and move up for a QB they may not have many picks to work with. If they feel DE is a big need they may target a guy like this in round 3-4. I think their biggest defensive need at the moment is MLB, followed by DE. Offense is QB, WR, TE. If they trade up for a QB they may lose one or both second round picks. That would leave them with 3 picks in rounds 3, 4, 6 I believe. Not much they can do with that range. So trying to find the diamonds in the rough with a high ceiling/high risk may be how they have to go to fill need. Long and Laurinitis have really picked a bad year to start going down hill.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm pretty intrigued by Griswold and Allison. Especially Allison. He could be an option in the sixth round.

The Rams have also inteviewed a Stanford DE by the name of Aziz Shittu (no lie about the name), who looks like a third round prospect.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
More who's talking to who for Rams on different days.

Los Angeles Rams: Illlinois CB V'Angelo Bentley, UCLA LB Aaron Wallace, Miami (Fla.) DB Deon Bush

Los Angeles Rams: Navy ATH Keenan Reynolds, Purdue CB Anthony Brown, Colorado CB Ken Crawley (CBs is there a theme there?)

I strongly suggest clicking the links above. There are links to other info on those pages. Lots of daily info.
Wallace from UCLA had a hard time getting onto the field, behind some talented players, but once he did, he showed to be a beast. Good sized LB with a pension to make tackles for loss. Made some splash plays during the Shrine game. He closes fast, and forms up well.

His dad, same name, played 8 years in the NFL. He might be a bit of a sleeper, because of how little he saw the field, but take my word for it, this kid can play. He also has some pass rush ability.

http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=207914058

2015 - Capped off his Bruin career with an outstanding season ... Appeared in 13 games with eight starts ... Led the team with 12.5 tackles for loss (9th in the Pac-12) and 7.0 sacks (tied for fourth in the Pac-12) ... Sixth on the team in tackles (65, tied for 36th in the Pac-12) ... Had at least five tackles in seven contests ... Had a high of 11 tackles against USC, including 1.0 sacks and 2.0 tackles for loss ... Credited with nine stops at Utah, including 1.0 sacks and 1.5 tackles for loss ... Had 2.5 sacks in win over California ... Had at least 0.5 tackles for loss in each of the last seven games of the season ... Honorable mention All-Conference selection (coaches).