Who is working “outside”, working from home?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Working from home?

• Working from Home

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Working “Outside Home”

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They can't keep us home (elevator mechanics). We serve all of the hospitals and nursing homes in the area, so we're pretty much essential personnel I guess.

quebecramfan

Rookie
Still working at the office... Half the staff is working at home and we have cancelled all coordination meetings and construction site visits for the next 2 weeks. I have actually had the time to draft and modelize without getting distracted!! Taking advantage of that!!!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Working in others homes. I work for a cable company and internet is considered an essential need. And with all the people working from home we are staying quite busy. I was surprised how many employers told their employees that are working from home that AT&T internet is a no go, telling them to go with Xfinity. I have probably done 12-15 internet installs the last 4 days for customers that had AT&T/ Directv and they needed reliable fast internet to work from home.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Working in others homes. I work for a cable company and internet is considered an essential need. And with all the people working from home we are staying quite busy. I was surprised how many employers told their employees that are working from home that AT&T internet is a no go, telling them to go with Xfinity. I have probably done 12-15 internet installs the last 4 days for customers that had AT&T/ Directv and they needed reliable fast internet to work from home.
Stay safe. Going in to other people's homes right now is a bold move, but you have to do what you have to do.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Stay safe. Going in to other people's homes right now is a bold move, but you have to do what you have to do.

I must admit my employer is compensating us pretty well for our efforts. What they are paying us makes me want to stay healthy and work vs take 2 weeks off and use the unemployment that is available to those that miss work. Although we haven't received all the information on the compensation, if we get sick they may still pay us since it would most likely be due to entering several homes a day.