Who - if anyone - would you trade up for?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Any sell the farm prospects out there this year in your mind?

Is there any player in this draft that you would give up this year and next year’s first for? Bosa? Allen? Williams?

Any of those guys worth the 31 this year and the 32 next year?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I dunno about any "sell the farm" guys we gotta have. Nick Bosa would be funny -- both Bosa's in L.A.
But.... if Devin Bush got down to say #25 & was still sitting there.... I hope Snead puts something together. That kid would be plug-n-play next to CM / CL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody realistically. There are people that if they fall sure but I doubt they fall and I'm betting we trade back.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm not feeling it. If Snead thought we were one player away from a potential Super Bowl win, I might see it, but we lost some vets in free agency and going into debt isn't going to change that imo. Moving up significantly in the draft from #31 will likely be very expensive, seems we could use more draft picks, not fewer. I'd also like to see McVay with a full compliment of draft picks in 2020, something he hasn't had yet. Either an unexpected top pick will slide to us or Snead will opt to trade down for additional picks so long as we can find a trade partner. Saying all this, ... should someone like Clelin Ferrell, Cody Ford or Dexter Lawrence get within the striking distance of say, 3 or 4 picks, with little hope of actually reaching us, our #99 overall third round pick might just make the difference. :palm:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Montez Sweat. That's it. And I think there's a small chance he drops to us. Everyone else is going to go too high for us to be in play for them.

Simmons isn't going to be that high after his ACL and character concerns, but I'd gladly take him at #31.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd trade the farm to move up for Jared Goff.
Oh wait, wrong year.
My bad

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
If Ed Oliver fell to #10 (Denver). or #11 (Cincy), I would trade next years #1 to move up.
He's the one player that could make the Rams D-line unblockable. IMO, he is the closest thing to Aaron Donald to come out in the last couple of drafts. He is not at the top of everyone's board because his lack of sack production. And, if you look at how he was utilized at Houston the past 2 seasons, you would see that he plays more snaps at the true Nose position, "0" than any other D-tackle in the FCS. He played almost 550 snaps in 3 seasons at the NT position. Which was almost double the amount of snaps he took at any other position on the D-line. Even at 280lbs, PFF had him as one of the highest overall ranked DT's this past season, even considering his lack of sacks. If the Rams were to play him opposite of Donald, with Brockers in the middle, Oliver would not face double teams like he did playing NT at Houston. He would most likely be sole responsibility of the RightGuard and I like Oliver's chances of winning most of those battles.
Considering the Rams have been using high draft capital to trade for other players that are A) not being signed to extensions or B) paying them more than they're worth (see Brandin Cooks), They would have a player that would make an immediate impact and not be a burden to the Salary Cap.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah the likelihood we trade up just seems so minimal. But with the cap situation moving forward and with the needs moving into 2020 on the roster adding picks seems the much more logical route. After trading down a time or two I could see a move up in the later rounds but nothing in the first for sure.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
If one of the TE's would fall into the 20's, can see an interesting conversation between Snead and McVay about adding an offensive skill position to the roster, something the Rams did not do in the last draft. Outside that, Rams in a great spot, let the talent come to them at 31.