who are we drafting tomorrow?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I noticed that the draft was heavy in skilled players, even though those guys were far from the best players available. (The new Bears QB has fewer starts than Tannehill, and that's a near disaster situation.) The NFL is no longer focused on BPA. It's a passing league now and the skilled guys are way overvalued.

That could be good for us though as we got a lot of room for good football players, who aren't necessarily skilled guys, on this team.

So who is it going to be? Who are we drafting tomorrow?

I'd venture a guess but I haven't put any effort into it this year. I'm still riding the Goff high from last year. I still believe we got our franchise guy. And I will believe that unless the new coaching staff is run out of town. But I don't see that happening. He's got at least a 3-year long leash.

I saw the first few picks and the 9'ers killed it with the trade down for the Stanford DE. Not happy about it. Not happy at all. He's not as good as A.D. though. That said, we must get our OL together and build a fort around Goff!!!

BeefJurky

Rookie
I hope Lamp or Godwin.
Lamp will probably get snatched up though, and I don't think the Rams are very keen on Godwin (if they are, they haven't met him at all or showed it)

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I'm hoping for either JuJu or Godwin...

Both players offer exactly what we need now and for the future in terms of stabilizing our WR Corps. I also think both, while already extremely good, haven't shown people everything they have to offer or could be as a WR. I have this gut feeling both could be better than some of the receivers already drafted.

... Especially JuJu. He's so young, he's a prodigy in my eyes.

Grab a receiver, focus on defense after.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Board consensus seems to be Goodwin. Not sure about a WR when our OL is in disarray. Fingers crossed we make the right decision.

Limey

Rookie
Trade down for another 4th, then take Kupp, Zay or a CB. I think Kromer will have our OL looking OK this year, but a development C and/or OT in later rounds would keep it strong for a few years.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haven't really paid much attention to the draft this year... but I hope their first pick is the best offensive lineman out there.

They can still use all the reinforcement they can get IMHO.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm not sure you'll get a 4th in a trade down for anything less than the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2nd round. I suspect if there's a trade down offer it'll be for a 4th next year or a 5th, 6th or trading up and down spots in the 4th.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Trade down for another 4th, then take Kupp, Zay or a CB. I think Kromer will have our OL looking OK this year, but a development C and/or OT in later rounds would keep it strong for a few years.
I think the Rams can accomplish this^^ without a "Trade-Down"!

Limey

Rookie
I think the Rams can accomplish this^^ without a "Trade-Down"!
I think they can, but there are lots of good corners in the draft this year, plus some good LBs and speedy WRs plus maybe even Kittle or Vanderdoes that could be had in the 4th, so if there are multiple players they really like left at 37 and someone is willing to trade a 4th to get one I would be very interested in that.

jjab360

Legend
If Lamp's not there, they seem to be pretty enamored with Juju. I'm fine with that but hoping for Godwin, Zay, or Kupp personally.

spamlord

Rookie
Gimme some O-lineman!

Orlosky or Toth for C
Maybe Johnson at G
They're all there at the top of the 4th beginning day 3.
I had Toth mocked to the Rams, so I'd pick him. He was my 3rd center after Elflein and Pocic.
Thought he'd go in the 3rd.
Johnson's big boy--would really help the run game.
But I could go for any of these three at this point of the draft.

Ants

Starter
They're all there at the top of the 4th beginning day 3.
I had Toth mocked to the Rams, so I'd pick him. He was my 3rd center after Elflein and Pocic.
Thought he'd go in the 3rd.
Johnson's big boy--would really help the run game.
But I could go for any of these three at this point of the draft.

+1