When Will Mcvay Use Henderson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

anybody heard anything on when mcvay will start incorporating henderson into the offense?

i have to say i'm a little shocked he's only been in for two snaps thus far.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This is what I thought would happen, barring injuries. We have seen this before. You can't block or protect the ball. You dont play much. It hard to be better than brown.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah, as long as Gurley and Brown are healthy probably very sparingly. And I’m ok with that for the rookie. He’ll get his time eventually.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Kromer said they were gonna get him in there it's just hard to since hes got Gurley and Brown in front of him. I expect to see him sprinkled in here and there unless were blowing a team out and then after the bye we see more of him. Kinda helps keep him unknown without film and teams wont be prepared for him. It will be perfect to help get us rolling right into the playoffs.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not until he can recognize and pick up blitz'. McVay is not going to risk Goff no matter how big a lead the Rams have.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If Henderson is on the field, that means Gurley or Brown arent.

I'm perfectly fine, if we dont see Henderson on the field at all this year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When you think about the talent you'd have to take off the field to put him in, it makes sense. Gurley and Brown are pretty damn good RBs, and then you look at our WRs. He's not going to be put in to replace Higbeast or Everett.

I'd too like to see him play some just so I can see what he's got. But is he going to be a better back than Gurley or Brown? I have my doubts. Is he able to run routes like Woods, Kupp, Cooks, or Reynolds? Doubtful.

So I'm thinking Henderson will see very limited snaps unless he really shows something or we have some players get nicked up or worn down.

Ram65

Legend
I thought the Rams would get involve in the passing game and Jet Sweeps. Rams have a lot of weapons so it is hard to get him some touches. With his quickness maybe when they play on turf he get some touches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I suspect we will see more of Henderson in the weeks ahead... It sure seems like we could feature him situationally and that was probably the intent all along for his rookie year.

It sure would be nice to get him breaking one on tape. Put that thought into the opponents planning, etc.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
No need to use him at the moment. Gurley and Brown can do everything you want between them. Let him get those reps in practice and more time to soak up what his assignments are in the meeting room. I expect to see a handful of plays a game for him after the bye week.

dang

Legend
No hurry. Another tool in the tool belt that will be used to help build up the offense as the season progresses

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
His snaps are coming. He's here to spell TG and at some point that's going to be required. Brown's a good back but he's not a great one cut & go type, IMO he's more of a power back who can soften the D, eat clock late, pound short yardage situations etc. Henderson's like Gurley in that way and his time & involvement in this offense are coming.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Defenses like the Panthers or Saints are not defenses to try new things, IMO. I think we'll see some of him this game or others if we get a big enough lead.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Vinny is pretty plentiful with the praise (I'm sure that's why he gets such access to coaches) but I've noticed when it's negative news he get's soft and subtle.

In his chat yesterday he said something to the point that it was and adjustment for Henderson in "all phases" at this level.

Vinny would not say anyone told him anything specific. But I did not like that characterization at all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
His time will come. He's a real talent, but he's a rookie trying to work his way up the latter on the NFC Championship Team Rams. Not to mention the experienced stud RBs that are in the room with him.

We don't have to rush him onto the field. He is learning valuable lessons while he is preparing himself.

I bet we see him more later in the year as the long season moves along. I'd also expect to see him sooner in games that we have a huge lead in. I fully expect him to earn some playing time in all games as the marathon season moves along and he shows the coaching staff that he is too valuable to not be implemented into the game plan.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
With the banged up Browns defense up next, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on Sunday night.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd too like to see him play some just so I can see what he's got. But is he going to be a better back than Gurley or Brown? I have my doubts. Is he able to run routes like Woods, Kupp, Cooks, or Reynolds? Doubtful.
Brown's a good back but he's not a threat to bust a small seam for 80 yards and a TD. That's the difference and it's why the Rams took Henderson. He gives them a Gurley-type big play ability.

I keep going back to that pitch they ran to Brown last week. It was a nice gainer but the way the Rams blocked it Gurley would have taken that to the house. So IMO it's actually important that as we go forward this season they get Henderson up to speed. Because he's going to help us. The more guys you have that add big play ability the better.

And when he's ready Brown will be the short yardage power type option. Or the guy you use when the OL is struggling and you need someone who can squeeze extra yards out of that chaos. That's not Gurley or Henderson IMO.