When the Defense can't stop the run ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
... veteran QBs take advantage of our young secondary. Eli Manning, Rivers, Romo, Alex Smith.

But when they stop the run, you get P Manning out of sorts.

It's a simple concept.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just my opinion but I don't think it was the run that was the issue against NYG. Trumaine had a terrible game and we blew two key coverages. We could have shut them down on the ground and I still feel like they would have taken it to us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With the exception of Peyton Manning, all of our wins came against teams that don't have good passing QB's.

Tampa
Seattle
San Fran

Denver
Oakland
Washington

Big Willie

Starter
Blitzing is great for QBs who panic under pressure. Run blitzes work when you have QBs who are reluctance to check out of runs. But when a team can run the ball effectively against us, our Secondary doesn't hold up against play action. Trumaine was horrible against the NYGs. They didn't pick on JJ, but he would have been bad too (my opinion) had they chosen to do so. Our safeties (McLeod, McDonald and Barron) excel at stopping the run...and struggle against the pass. The only person who I have any faith in coverage is Gaines and he got hurt.

Eli looked comfortable behind center and was growing darts, which meant coverage had to be perfect. (Not our strong suit.) The front seven on D failed in this game and allowed a typically skiddish Eli to play pitch and catch...and run the ball at will. So I agree, when we can't stop the run, good QBs take advantage of us.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, Eli was more like Peyton on Sunday..the good Peyton. I don't Eli cuz he kinda reminds me of a whiny lil girl but gotta give credit to his play.

Also Wilson is not a bad passer himself.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
With the exception of Peyton Manning, all of our wins came against teams that don't have good passing QB's.

Tampa
Seattle
San Fran

Denver
Oakland
Washington

Wilson and Carr are pretty good passing quarterbacks.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Tampa
Seattle
San Fran

Denver
Oakland
Washington

Wilson and Carr are pretty good passing quarterbacks.
seems like I noticed a trend, young QB's & including Peyton, all of our wins came....did I say that right?