What's your weekly Rams/football routine?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious if there are any cool sites or videos people keep up with? For me my routine typically is:

If the Rams lose, tune most of it out - I'll watch McVays press conference, read articles on The Athletic.

If the Rams win:

Watch game highlights Sunday night while watching SNF

Monday - watch victory speech, read forums, watch Good Morning Football if time allows before taking the kids to daycare and starting work

Tuesday - 11 Personnel podcast (half) while driving, check power rankings, check forums, YouTube clips of media discussing the Rams and Herd Hierarchy and three word game

Wednesday - 11 Personnel podcast (part two), next week's game predictions on CBS sports (favorite one to read), NFL app for Rams news, rewatch condensed game on gamepass

Thursday - usually just forums, but if it's a big game for the Rams I'll Google around, checking opposing teams forum or look for score predictions on other sites

Friday - read ESPN and Athletics game breakdowns/picks, forums, Cowherd's Blazing 5, YouTube for anyone discussing upcoming Rams games, NFL app for score predictions and Rams news

Squeeze fantasy football in there too as I have time. Reading all this....I work at least 9 hrs per day and have two kids....so I'm starting to see why I have trouble sleeping

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lot of Colin Cowherd. I like him a lot for one huge reason:

He's the only member of the media that told the Saints to shut the fuck up about the no call, and pointed out the other missed calls in the game. Earned my loyalty for that and will likely have it as long as he's on the air.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Wake up about 9 EST.
Get up and take a whiz.
Do a bong hit.
Manual stimulation unless my girlfriend spent the night.
Wake up again about 10:30.
Take dump while coffee is brewing.
Drink coffee and fantasize about spending quality time with a nude Charissa Thompson.
Do another bong hit.
Watch the Carolina Panther game and fantasize about Panther cheerleaders.
Bong hit.
Watch the Rams game while eating a pizza.
Celebratory bong hit.
Bask in the glory of being a Rams fan.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I have an uneven routine. The only thing that is consistent, is I don't prefer to watch games with company.

Not often but sometimes I throw up before games.

I sometimes drink before games.

I'm sometimes stone sober before games depending on my mood.

I rarely eat much before games.

I hardly ever sit down. I stand in my living room for most of the the games until the outcome seems apparent.

When our kicker is about to attempt a field goal or an extra point, I position myself like the kicker in my living room and find the angle I believe is the sweet.

Then I go through the motions as if I'm kicking the ball as it's launched often cringing until the ball goes through the uprights.

I say curse words out loud and talk to myself when McVay gets cute with one of his play calls that fail.

I get frustrated and say more curse words when Raheem Morris calls a defense that allows 3rd and double digit yards to go that our defense doesn't stop.

I tend to pace and walk into the kitchen and then back to the living room during commercial breaks.

I get butterflies and anxiety no matter what team we're playing. This hasn't changed since I was 7 years old.

When the game looks like we've won and it becomes reality, I get an adrenaline rush of happy thoughts and stay wound up for at least 2 or 3 hours.

After a Rams victory, I read all the celebration threads, and watch & listen to the all of the NFL media chatter.

When it comes to our Rams, I'm a...

th

tenor.gif

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I have an uneven routine. The only thing that is consistent, is I don't prefer to watch games with company.

I hardly ever sit down. I stand in my living room for most of the the games until the outcome seems apparent.

When our kicker is about to attempt a field goal or an extra point, I position myself like the kicker in my living room and find the angle I believe is the sweet.

Then I go through the motions as if I'm kicking the ball as it's launched often cringing until the ball goes through the uprights.

I say curse words out loud and talk to myself when McVay gets cute with one of his play calls that fail.

I get frustrated and say more curse words when Raheem Morris calls a defense that allows 3rd and double digit yards to go that our defense doesn't stop.

I tend to pace and walk into the kitchen and then back to the living room during commercial breaks.

I get butterflies and anxiety no matter what team we're playing. This hasn't changed since I was 7 years old.

When the game looks like we've won and it becomes reality, I get an adrenaline rush of happy thoughts and stay wound up for at least 2 or 3 hours.

After a Rams victory, I read all the celebration threads, and watch & listen to the all of the NFL media chatter.

th

tenor.gif
Keep up that routine.

It seems to be good luck for our team this year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sunday night: Same... watching Rams clips if they won while watching SNF

Monday: Forums and highlights. Worry sets in.

Tuesday-Sunday morning: freaking out. I dunno why. I didn't feel this way when we sucked and went from surprised to frustrated during Goff's tenure under McVay. I literally have trouble sleeping. I can't explain it.

Sunday game time: Deep breathing exercises as I struggle to calm down

Sunday after game time: calming down, reading how the Rams didn't so much win as other teams lost... what's new... looking at the Pick 'em status which reinforces why I should never gamble on Football. Ever.

I wish I knew what the heck is going on with me, but I dunno.

Do I have Stafford Fever? McVay Madness? Donald's Doldrums? Higbee Hysteria?

I guess I need to take my D8 gummies earlier in the day... lots of gummies.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

th

tenor.gif

I can’t watch the Rams in front of other people either. Way too intense and it only makes it worse because I verbalise it more. During the Super Bowl, where I was forced into social interactions, I frightened people. LOL!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My routine is by Saturday I like to have my food and drink ready for Sunday.

Sunday morning I like to get outside for a hike or run, then prepare my spread for the day… eat all day style foods usually.

2hrs before first game (exactly NOON where I live) I like to be ready, and watching pregame. Crack open my first beer, etc.

Games start at 2pm here.

I love the “no-choice laziness” of football Sunday.

Between the games, during the week, my routine isn’t always the same. But, Sunday is pretty locked in to above.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My routine is by Saturday I like to have my food and drink ready for Sunday.

Sunday morning I like to get outside for a hike or run, then prepare my spread for the day… eat all day style foods usually.

2hrs before first game (exactly NOON where I live) I like to be ready, and watching pregame. Crack open my first beer, etc.

Games start at 2pm here.

I love the “no-choice laziness” of football Sunday.

Between the games, during the week, my routine isn’t always the same. But, Sunday is pretty locked in to above.

2pm ? That seems an hour later than in any part of the US ? Btw -did not think of you as a guy that keeps himself in good shape from your game time feasts & drinks.
—West Coast imo is The Best for the NFL,then again early games become more addictive & easier to see so many games.
Ruins weekends though & makes it hard to get off the couch sometimes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Back in the day back East & certain parts of the country getting alcohol on Sunday’s were tough.Always had to plan ahead & no beer runs.
-Being a Rams Fan now a days must mean more late games,also with them winning as well.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I have to read Peter King on a Monday morning regardless if we win or lose.

Then, if we lose I avoid most NFL media. I do this for my soccer team too - if we win I watch the highlights, read all the reports and generally bask in the glory. If we lose I go dark for a week.

Assuming we win my main source of info is the Athletic and the Around the NFL podcast. I don't bother with YouTube etc.

On gameday, it's 6pm kick off here for the early games. So I will have a lie in, get coffee, maybe go out and do something. By lunchtime it's premier league soccer usually and I will watch that depending on the games. I will sometimes also catch up on college football from the Saturday but that depends on what games we get, we never get Fox college games for example.

So at 6pm it's Redzone or the Rams game if that's on. We get one early game fully live (usually two best records/best early game) and then Red zone on another channel. If the Rams aren't playing I have redzone.

Late game is quite often the Rams live as there are fewer late window games. If its not I'll watch redzone and keep an eye on the game via my phone at the same time.

Also I will normally cook on a Sunday. Something stupid and American normally like chilli or wings or whatever. Good excuse to have food like that and keeps the GF sweet before hogging the TV all night.

Late game Sunday/Monday night game I record and watch the next day after work, usually will zoom through it pretty quick depending on who is playing. If the rams are the late game I normally stay up.

Rinse and repeat.

Then in March I have to actually speak to people instead of watching sports and I really don't care for that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2pm ? That seems an hour later than in any part of the US ? Btw -did not think of you as a guy that keeps himself in good shape from your game time feasts & drinks.

Atlantic Time Zone. Only a few lucky dummies like me live in it.

I am 5’9 155lbs and very active, especially considering the time I enjoy here. But yeah… HA! I eat pretty lousy on game days that’s for sure!

dang

Legend
I stay up late on weekends so I sleep til about 10 am on Sunday. Then it’s wake up and get shit done (yard work, errands, work out, lunch with family) so I earn the reward of watching the game and then basking in the glory of a win or the despair of a loss for hours after the game. Either way the rest of Sunday is consumed by Rams football

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't have a routine...but I always wear the hat my cousin Irv had on gameday. Always. Win or lose, I still consider it my good luck charm.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talk football on the internet. Wake up on Sunday (or whatever day) and eventually turn the game on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Wake up.

Accuse wife of hiding my slippers.

Change out pajamas and the old wife beater for a new one.

Cup of coffee while antagonizing fellow posters on RoD.

At bad moments in game witness the nuclear destruction in the game day thread.

When game is over stare at blank page."

~ @Loyal

bluecoconuts

Legend
On gameday, it's 6pm kick off here for the early games. So I will have a lie in, get coffee, maybe go out and do something. By lunchtime it's premier league soccer usually and I will watch that depending on the games. I will sometimes also catch up on college football from the Saturday but that depends on what games we get, we never get Fox college games for example.

So at 6pm it's Redzone or the Rams game if that's on.

The worst part about being back home is the 6PM start time for the early football games honestly. Especially since I have to get up early on Mondays, so staying up for a SNF game is basically a guaranteed no-go.

I used to get up in the morning, watch the early games, start the grill or smoker up for a light lunch, and then some good BBQ or something similar for dinner, just all day with a little beer, football and BBQ, real relaxing and enjoyable Sunday.

Now I usually go for a walk down to the city centre to get a few things, and then I'll make dinner in the early game window. When it the Rams playing like last week I'll just bring my laptop into the kitchen, otherwise I have redzone on. It's not a bad day or anything, and it's nice to get some things from the shops in town that I can't get where I am from the larger supermarkets, but seeing my buddy back in the States posting stuff with his smoker, wings and ribs and all the shit we used to make I can't help but miss it.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The worst part about being back home is the 6PM start time for the early football games honestly. Especially since I have to get up early on Mondays, so staying up for a SNF game is basically a guaranteed no-go.

I used to get up in the morning, watch the early games, start the grill or smoker up for a light lunch, and then some good BBQ or something similar for dinner, just all day with a little beer, football and BBQ, real relaxing and enjoyable Sunday.

Now I usually go for a walk down to the city centre to get a few things, and then I'll make dinner in the early game window. When it the Rams playing like last week I'll just bring my laptop into the kitchen, otherwise I have redzone on. It's not a bad day or anything, and it's nice to get some things from the shops in town that I can't get where I am from the larger supermarkets, but seeing my buddy back in the States posting stuff with his smoker, wings and ribs and all the shit we used to make I can't help but miss it.

Are you permanently in Ireland now then buddy?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Atlantic Time Zone. Only a few lucky dummies like me live in it.

I am 5’9 155lbs and very active, especially considering the time I enjoy here. But yeah… HA! I eat pretty lousy on game days that’s for sure!
Stay strong- life is good,especially when The Rams are winning.
Would have never guessed after all these years.Time zone wise if you ever get to Hawaii find some hiking early & a very early Happy Hours.Sunday’s it’s early champagne brunch.Then couch surf the rest of the day. - I’m pacific time zone though & Party Saturday Nights & wake up nursing a hangover,or early church & Hooters for Early games.Then the day with the late games.
Now a days It’s work,record games. Follow The Rams,but now The Rams are local & THE BEST is ALL Games Televised. Sunday Game Days are more enjoyable as the season goes along.