What’s Your Ideal Rams Offensive Line? --Randy K./D'Marco

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
What’s your ideal Rams Offensive Line? Randy Karraker and D’Marco Farr give their suggestions, including Mike Iupati at LG and Tim Barnes at OC. The start off by talking about Sam Bradford.

Listen to O-Line Discussion

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Going off of what is said here, I'd like to see the Rams Get Lupati in FA, re-sign Barksdale, and Draft Cameron Erving out of FSU! That would make a hell of a O-Line with Saffold!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Agree 100% w/ DaveFan'51 re: OL, also add a better vet OG for depth to back up Saffold

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Going off of what is said here, I'd like to see the Rams Get Lupati in FA, re-sign Barksdale, and Draft Cameron Erving out of FSU! That would make a hell of a O-Line with Saffold!

Wait... who plays C?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Is anyone really excited about Barnes or Jones playing C?
I mean if they were better options or ready wouldn't they have already replaced Wells? Hope I'm wrong but as average as Wells played seems odd.

I'm hoping one of the two good FA centers available.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Since I can't tell the future my ideal line goes 2 strings. I like having Plan A's and Plan A-2's ideally so I would want all of the following guys on the roster. I would like:

LT LG C RG RT
Robinson Hudson Rhaney Saffold Long (Re-structured)
Same Scherff (Draft) Hudson Same Daryl Williams (Draft)

That's right. I would like to keep long as a lower risk gamble that he comes back healthy and start him at RT. I wouldn't bank on his health though and would have two drafted OL waiting in the line up if any one of our often injured linemen go down or don't perform. I really think Rhaney gets the center gig this year (no rational reason just gut feeling). But Rodney Hudson can play either guard or center if anyone of our young centers don't pan out. As you can see, my ideal plan is based on contingencies. More notably, no Barksdale. I think he will be too expensive for his talent, which either J Long or a draft pick can provide. Is Long as expensive as Barksdale? Maybe, but he's only got two more years of his contract, Barks would want atleast 4. And with 2 draft picks waiting in the wings, maybe we cut Long next year if either draft pick proves they can play the position as well as he can.

Does it spend a lot of our capital THIS year, yes. But, what other huge holes do we have? I can think of only QB as being as big of a need and that is slim pickings this year.