What's your guilty pleasure movie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's that movie that was garbage by either critic reviews, viewer reviews/opinion or box office results? Mine might just be Battleship. It was like 34% on rottentomatoes.com. Fan reviews have it about 50% but it actually made money. I don't know what it is but I enjoy this shitty movie :D And it isn't just because of the leading lady.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOsyezoR7s

I was going to put in Tank Girl because it was generally panned by all metrics but it has a kind of cult following so not sure I could list that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've mentioned this before somewhere...

Mine is Waterworld.

I've watched it many times and I never seem to get tired of it.

Tano

Legend
What's that movie that was garbage by either critic reviews, viewer reviews/opinion or box office results? Mine might just be Battleship. It was like 34% on rottentomatoes.com. Fan reviews have it about 50% but it actually made money. I don't know what it is but I enjoy this shitty movie :D And it isn't just because of the leading lady.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOsyezoR7s

I was going to put in Tank Girl because it was generally panned by all metrics but it has a kind of cult following so not sure I could list that.

My wife also loves Battleship. I liked it too but not as much as my wife.

I will have to think of my guilty pleasure movie though.

Okay after thinking for a minute - mine is

Fifth Element

I think it got panned by critics as well.

Plus when I watched it the first time, I thought it was okay.

But now I seem to like it more and more each time I re-watch it.

Edit - I guess it wasn't as panned as I thought

71% rotten tomatoes and 86% audience reviews

Okay - how about Best of Times or Big Trouble in Little China

Okay Edit 2 = Best of times has a 31% and 42% respectively

I will have to go with that one

I still love the opening scene.

Reno Hightower, the greatest QB that Taft High School has ever seen launches a beautiful game winning pass to a rarely played 4th string WR to win Taft High School's only win ever against Bakersfield.

However, that son of a bitch dropped it.

I was that son of a bitch.

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
A Knight's Tale.

AKA "We will, we will Rock you!"

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One I can think of is "Soul Man" starring C. Thomas Howell, Rae Dawn Chong and James Earl Jones. A Navy buddy and myself saw it many times in the theater. A totally politically incorrect movie where Howell takes pills to change the color of his skin so he could qualify for a minority scholarship at Harvard Law School. It was so funny and I dreamed of going back to college at the time.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The movie “Passengers”.

I really enjoy the quiet solitude of the movie. Plus, floating through space with Jennifer Lawrence seems like fun. One on one, no distractions. But I can’t understand why I never tire of that flick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, while it may not have gotten the best critic ratings...I enjoyed Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Battleship is a great call for this category.

Several other great ones have been named already.

My runner up is Bloodsport - which I will watch any time it is on.

For me though - one stands apart from the rest. A movie I know front an back - one day I will host a party where we all dress as characters - it’s The Last Dragon

View: https://youtu.be/Z7Crt4S1IZM

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Soul Plane.

Testicles one two, Testicles one two...........