What will the Eagles do

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I keep hearing how they have private workouts with the top 3 QBs. If they want one so bad then why did they sign both Bradford and Daniel? Did they want insurance in case they don't get one of the top QBs? Do they think they could trade Bradford if they land one? What would Bradford or Daniel bring in a trade at their current contract? How much of that money goes against the Eagles cap?

I really wonder how much they need a rookie QB at this point. I am all confused. "It's like I have a pretzel in my head" - Cal Naughton

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Denver still needs a QB
I find it unlikely but the only way they could draft a QB at 8 would be to trade Bradford.
He'd be a great fit there too.
Doubt it will happen because mainly I hope the Rams get one of the top 2 QB and I can't imagine Philly would take Lynch at 8

WestCoastRam

Legend
Eagles have owner Lurie at workouts for QBs. Could be a smokescreen for a guy they really love. Maybe Elliot. If they did take a QB, I just can't see how they keep Bradford and Daniels.

Ram65

Legend
Maybe, just maybe, the Eagles know what they are doing. I doubt it but it is possible. My guess is that if one of these QBs falls to them they want to be ready to make a decision at draft time. They have no 2nd round pick to help move up and two nicely paid QBs already. Is Bradford's salary now counting against their cap if they trade him? Oh the draft is so mind boggling with all this wait time.

I really wonder how much they need a rookie QB at this point. I am all confused. "It's like I have a pretzel in my head" - Cal Naughton

Yes it does.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ezekiel Elliot is rated as a top five pick on many draft sites? Rated much higher than Todd Gurley was at this time too.

Many teams still don't like taking RBs in the first round. It may push Elliott down to the teens.

BTW, if Not for the ACL tear on Gurley's knee, do you think Elliott would still be the higher rated player?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Although, given that we have their 2nd, they might be desperate to trade down and recoup picks. If so, they'll probably try to sell this QB idea hard. Maybe we trade up with them and hand them their pick back.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, if the Boys decided to trade back with the Rams then maybe Elliot would be their target.

I think he'll be gone before 15, but I'm all in on trading up for Wentz or Goff because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Although, given that we have their 2nd, they might be desperate to trade down and recoup picks. If so, they'll probably try to sell this QB idea hard. Maybe we trade up with them and hand them their pick back.

Do this and then flip a 4th to Ravens to jump Whiners (Goff) if we think they will take a QB.
But I prefer Lynch and red shirt him the entire year. Let Case Keeum start and then transition into Mannion. And if he does alright (and Lynch appears to be learning well etc.) we could use him as trade bait in one of the next two drafts. But red shirting a 1st rd QB it gives our OL another year to develop.
Currently I'm not so sold on being able to catch the Cards & Hawks this season unless we become an elite running team that can convert a dam 3rd a few times each week. Just sayin'