What was it like to play with broken leg?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It may be a stupid question but that had to be some serious pain - especially with the way you played. I didn't find out about it until after the Superbowl. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to that kind of stuff or maybe no one made that big of a deal about it at the time. I guess there was simply no way they were getting you off the field - eh?

As an aside, what do you think they need to do to make the ProBowl more interesting to the fans and players? Obviously it was important back in the day - important enough for you to still go out grinding with a broken leg. Did players just take it more seriously then?

The leg hurt!! But I could walk and that meant I could play. It was my decision and I couldn't let my teammates down. The only regret I would have had is if I didn't play. I guess my only disappointment about that super bowl is I didn't have the ability to change the game the way I know I could.
I played in Pro Bowl too and that was just something that was very special for players.I don't know what they can do to make it better or more appealing. To me, that game was very special and where everyone came together.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Jack and thanks for calling Rich. You are truly top notch.