What to do with those number 3s...?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I have to think they target safety and runningback in the 3rd round.

Shamarko Thomas or Baccari Rambo?

Marcus Lattimore or LeVeon Bell?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think there is little doubt a safety is on the radar. In fact; does anyone think we don't take at least one tonight?

We've kind of boxed ourselves into that?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

jap

Legend
Number 3's? I'm here wondering what Les will try, who he will try to trade to move up to a Round Two selection. I would love for them to get as many Round Two's and Three's as they can get. We need some safeties, another WR, a RB, a developmental G/T, a developmental DT/DE, another CB or two, more athleticism everywhere. Yes, some of these will come in the form of UFA's. However, ya wanna draft as much value as possible and make out like bandits!

It would be such a crying shame if all that coin spent by the '9ers and 'Hawks in FA went to waste!!! :twisted: :lol:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I could see a clawing back into round 2 with our early 3rd and a 4th+.

Maybe Saffold is dealt today?

I guess we'll see how the chips fall.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
I could see a clawing back into round 2 with our early 3rd and a 4th+.

Maybe Saffold is dealt today?

I guess we'll see how the chips fall.

Yeah my thoughts too, we need to get a second round grade safety or we might as well re-sign Mikell,which we may
Is there a list of what we have somewhere on this sight?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
jap said:
Number 3's? I'm here wondering what Les will try, who he will try to trade to move up to a Round Two selection. I would love for them to get as many Round Two's and Three's as they can get. We need some safeties, another WR, a RB, a developmental G/T, a developmental DT/DE, another CB or two, more athleticism everywhere. Yes, some of these will come in the form of UFA's. However, ya wanna draft as much value as possible and make out like bandits!

It would be such a crying shame if all that coin spent by the '9ers and 'Hawks in FA went to waste!!! :twisted: :lol:

Another WR might come late in the draft or from a street free agent. Remember Snead says he likes to uncover gems that didn't get drafted. Plus I think these guys feel good about the guys they have or they would have kept DA around.

The 3s will probably get used for a safety and RB. Both of those became bigger need areas after last night.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
I think there is little doubt a safety is on the radar. In fact; does anyone think we don't take at least one tonight?

We've kind of boxed ourselves into that?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I think it depends who's available.

This has been a kind of peculiar draft. I could see a run on safeties happening. If that take place, we'll have to move on.

Unless the run on Olineman cools, we may struggle to get a OG as well.

Hopefully the board falls favorably.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never did believe that the Rams felt they needed to get a G early and still don't. I think they believe that Rok Watkins can play and Harvey Dahl isn't going anywhere. They also brought back Chris Williams as a backup/compete with Rok if need be.

They will take a lineman, but I don't think it is until rounds 5-7.

I think they are going to get a safety and a RB in the third. Then they probably target a CB in round 4.

Joeluke9

Rookie
I don't understand why the common thought is that we need to draft a RB so early? I mean we already have 3 on the roster an I think they can all be pretty good. I really hope we address safety first today an then get some more help at receiver since we are so thin at the position. But, at the end of the day, Les and Fish know what they're doing and that's why they get laid to do it.

jap

Legend
Joeluke9 said:
I don't understand why the common thought is that we need to draft a RB so early? I mean we already have 3 on the roster an I think they can all be pretty good. I really hope we address safety first today an then get some more help at receiver since we are so thin at the position. But, at the end of the day, Les and Fish know what they're doing and that's why they get laid to do it.

We have a savvy veteran coach and an all star coaching staff. Don't worry too much about what talking heads have to say. They know much less than our coaching brass. :ww:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Joeluke9 said:

Accident or on purpose? My vote is on the latter.

wolfman84

Rookie
Shamarko Thomas at 71 and Marcus Lattimore at 92 would make for an outstanding first two days of the draft. I see Lattimore being put on the PUP or IR and seeing which of Pead, Richardson, and Ganaway are keepers. Think of Lattimore as 2014 first round talent.

Joeluke9

Rookie
I will admit I would be pumped if we drafted Lattimore, but I have been on that dude's bandwagon since he got into college! What's the scoop on the safety from Fresno state? I've read that he has really good ball skills. I would love to see us get a ball hawk safety and a guy who can absolutely smash people. For the big hitter, I really really really really like Swearinger from South Carolina? What do you guys think?

fearsomefour

Legend
"I never did believe that the Rams felt they needed to get a G early and still don't. I think they believe that Rok Watkins can play and Harvey Dahl isn't going anywhere. They also brought back Chris Williams as a backup/compete with Rok if need be.

They will take a lineman, but I don't think it is until rounds 5-7.

I think they are going to get a safety and a RB in the third. Then they probably target a CB in round 4."

You are probably right about G. Maybe Watkins has seen the light, no doubt Fisher liked him when they drafted him....maybe he can show up in shape this season.
Obviously Im thinking S in round three. My preference would still be to draft a lineman in the 3rd or 4th. I would like to see those midround picks go G, DE or DT, LB. But, who knows? With what should be significant upgrades already this offseason at LT, OLB and replacing Amendola with Austin (and Cook) the Rams have some latitude with who they select....outside of the expected S.