What Song

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Is THE song for you. The song that takes you back, that makes your days worries go away....the song that when it comes on the radio, you smile, get happy, and you turn that shit up to 11?

For me, it's simple. I first heard this song when I was 19 years old. 10 years ago... Was actually told about it on a rams board by a poster named Jimmyram. Instantly became my favorite.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This one always brings me back to my youth. I don't know why it's so nostalgic for me either, because I was only 6 years old when it was released.
But it just reminds me of being a kid. Simpler times, I guess.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a good tune too.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I gotta say it's some O.M.D from back in the day,
This song came out right when I realized the appreciation and pursuit of beautiful women of all styles would be my singular focus in life - and this song has always been tied to that romanticism and asking that hot chick out at the junior high dance
Being like 14 and all

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This song came out right when I realized the appreciation and pursuit of beautiful women of all styles would be my singular focus in life - and this song has always been tied to that romanticism and asking that hot chick out at the junior high dance
Being like 14 and all

Hahahaha

I'm not going to get into details,,, but I clearly remember this song playing while some FREAKY shit was going down. I used to date twin sisters. Nice flashback for me hearing this tune. (y)

SierraRam

Recreational User
This song came out during a transition time in my life. I had to stop being a punk and join the race. Just like The Pretenders, I went from Punk to Mainstream with this song:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
For whatever reason, the chunk of time from my youth that I remember most fondly and vividly is the spring & summer of 1982. This song (actually, the whole Asia debut album) is like a time machine for me:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Being like 14 and all

That one's on my iPad.

As is this song by OMC:

They are very different. :)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have many, but these are some that come to mind that take me back:

These are just the ones that are on the radio sometimes that I can think of off the top of my head. I usually dont listen to the radio and most music I do listen to isn't played on it anyways lol.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
One of about a thousand such songs....

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There are two songs that remind me of the rat pack I ran with "in the day"

Boffo97

Name
Dave
If I had to choose ONLY one song for that... my choice is easy...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I dont have a favorite song or band but like such a wide variety of things from folk to bluegrass to delta blues to cowboy to regae to all variations of rock and FUNKY FUNKY beats.

But, one band that to me is just the epitomy of "turn it to 11" and rock is early AC/DC (the bon scott years). Their music is just so pure, simple rock and roll.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
In July of 1988 I was still in the navy and the sub I was on was deployed to the Western Pacific. We made a port call to Pattaya, Thailand. We were anchored offshore so we had to take a boat to get to the beach. As I got on the boat to go ashore, one of my shipmates had a boombox, and this song started playing. The title aptly describes the next five days of my life.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
In July of 1988 I was still in the navy and the sub I was on was deployed to the Western Pacific. We made a port call to Pattaya, Thailand. We were anchored offshore so we had to take a boat to get to the beach. As I got on the boat to go ashore, one of my shipmates had a boombox, and this song started playing. The title aptly describes the next five days of my life.

If I am feeling ON... and I mean absolutely ON at karaoke (and there's not a huge crowd that makes picking a long song a total jerk move), I'll do that one.

I've never seen anyone else attempt it and I am sucking air after I'm done.