What Seahawks fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Let's kick things off with an oldie but a goody from July 10th of this year. Let's hope we can make them eat these words.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/7/10/15914616/nfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

The Rams are the NFC’s Factory of Sadness
by Mookie Alexander

2810348.0.jpg

The last time the Rams were actually good, and they still didn’t win a playoff game that year.
Photo by Elsa/Getty Images

The post-expansion NFC West wrapped up its fifteenth year of existence last season, and the team with the most division titles (8), playoff appearances (11), Super Bowl appearances (3), and Super Bowl wins (1) is the Seattle Seahawks. Would anyone like to take a guess as to which team has the fewest of everything I’ve just mentioned? If you picked the St. Louis-turned-Los Angeles Rams, congratulations.

If the Cleveland Browns are the NFL’s Factory of Sadness, then the Rams have at least been the NFC equivalent for more than a decade. This was once the Greatest Show on Turf, for crying out loud! Let’s run down some incredible facts about their long stretch of futility:

The last time the Rams made the playoffs was in 2004-05, with a record of 8-8 and a point differential of -73. Only the Bills and Browns have failed to make the postseason at least once during that span, so the Rams have the longest drought for any NFC team.

In that same season, the Rams memorably swept the Seahawks and eliminated them in the wild card round, which is their most recent playoff win. They scored seven touchdowns in their two games at Seattle and averaged 30 points. The Rams have only managed ten touchdowns in their twelve trips to Seattle since the 2005-06 season, and have scored no more than 23 points in any of these games.

The Rams’ last division-winning season was in 2003-04 and quickly ended in a 29-23 double overtime home loss to the Carolina Panthers. This means that their last home playoff win was in 2001-02, back when the Seahawks were in the AFC West and the Arizona Cardinals were somehow in the NFC East.

In the 32-team era, the Rams have managed just one season with a winning record (12-4 back in 2003-04), which is the fewest in the NFL. That’s right, even the Bills and Browns have had at least two.

View: https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/881313262696112129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2017%2F7%2F10%2F15914616%2Fnfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

View: https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/881314331421536256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2017%2F7%2F10%2F15914616%2Fnfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

The Rams haven’t been three games above .500 since October 2006, when they were 4-1. To add to that, the Rams haven’t been over .500 at any point during the month of December since 2003.

From 2007-2009, the Rams racked up an incredibly pathetic record of 6-42. For comparison, the Lions went 9-39 in the same time span, although 7 of those wins came in 2007 and none in 2008.

Offensive DVOA ranking by season (2005-2016) during their playoff drought: 20th, 14th, 31st, 32nd, 32nd, 30th (Bradford era begins), 32nd, 21st, 22nd, 25th, 29th, 32nd (Goff era begins)

The Rams have been shutout six times since 2005. Only the Raiders (7) have been held to a goose egg on the scoreboard more than them.

A complete history of Rams starting quarterbacks after Kurt Warner had seen his best days in St. Louis end during the 2002 season: Marc Bulger, Jamie Martin, Scott Covington (Who?), Chris Chandler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gus Frerotte, Brock Berlin, Trent Green, Kyle Boller, Keith Null, Sam Bradford, A.J. Feeley, Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Jared Goff.

In 2006, Sunday Night Football on NBC became the marquee primetime game of the week, lessening the value of ESPN’s Monday Night Football. The only time the Rams have featured on SNF on NBC is the 2010 week 17 game against the Seahawks, which was flexed into an otherwise empty slot. Cleveland (2008), Buffalo (2007), and Jacksonville (2008) are the only other teams who’ve only made one regular season appearance on the network.

Of course, as mediocre-to-laughably awful as this franchise has been, they have given the Seahawks a few scares and caused the occasional upset victory. They could’ve had a couple more unlikely wins if not for these Rams-ian failures.

giphy_downsized_large__4_.gif

LgKv2p.gif

giphy.0.gif

View: https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/880807707028205568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2017%2F7%2F10%2F15914616%2Fnfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

One day, the Rams will be good again (and so will the Bills, Browns, and Jaguars). I know there will be jokes in the comments that this will most certainly not be the case, but no team just stays a singular way forever, except the Patriots, who will probably at least make the Super Bowl with Hologram Belichick and a 97-year-old Tom Brady at QB. For now, just enjoy their incompetence and hope that they stay locked in the cellar.
----------
I doubt their 5 year stretch where they set a record with 15win
Will ever be broken
-------
10 straight losses to Seattle, '05 through '09. And then only one win in 2010, followed by getting swept in '11. So, 13-1 from 2005-2011...
I don’t care how close some games were, that’s awful.
--------
Or is it just some more Jeff fisher, 7-9 bullshit???
-------
The Rams are doomed for at least another decade.

They swung for the fences with Goff, and hit a popup. The rest of the offense is horrible, with the only hope being an injured running back with one decent season. The defense has about three decent players.

Los Angeles is the worst possible spot for them. LA fans are cruel and fickle, and won’t come to their games. There is no such thing as a lovable loser in that town- when the Clippers were shitty, people only went to see them because the tickets were cheaper than the Lakers, who toyed with them (as the Hawks will toy with the Rams minus Fisher, whose only skill was miraculously beating the Seahawks). NFL cameras will need to either photoshop or avoid crowd shots altogether, as the shiny new stadium will become a giant empty beer parlor.

I don’t feel sorry for them. Somebody has to be on the bottom in the NFL, and maybe they’ll become lovable losers like the Browns or the Cubs. Yeah, right, in Los Angeles. At least the players won’t suffer, since they know right away they suck. And LA comes in handy here: lots of young good looking women, who love football players whether they win or not.
------
I think you are possibly right, but you can't just waive off Goff. He has a long way to go to prove his rookie year was just a steep curve, but it isn't impossible that he turns out to be decent.
------
It's certainly possible, but Goff has had some record-setting levels of futility so far

That said, there’s no such thing as being doomed for the next decade. They could easily end up sucking for that long, but it’s far from inevitable, and would require more terrible decisions on their part.
------
"The last time the Rams won a home playoff game was a few months after the Mariners' last playoff appearance." is a line I wanted to write
But I had mercy.
---------
Since realignment, the Seahawks lead the series 20-11. Sure, the Rams have recently given the Seahawks trouble but they hardly own them. Do you know the score of the last meeting? Give you a hint: the Rams got stomped.

In large part due to their rookie quarterback being historically bad. More importantly, I would rather get swept by the Rams and win the division than be below .500 and split with the division winner. That’s just me though.
---------
I would rather have the sadness of consistent 10+ win seasons with a franchise QB than being a laughing stock who happens to steal a couple wins each year.
-------
the reason I am personally happy that Fisher is gone is that hopefully it means the Rams won’t be so dirty. I’m hoping the new staff keeps them on the up and up. They have talent on defense and Phillips is a legend but that offense won’t be magically good over night.

Gurley lacks vision, the line isn’t exactly great (something we know all about), Goff looked abysmal, and his targets aren’t exactly scaring anyone. Goff could improve of course but it would have to be a truly remarkable change for them to be good this year. They will eventually be good again but I wouldn’t count on this year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This has to be before the season started, right?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I would have to think so. If they are this cocky now and downplaying the Rams this much now, they are beyond delusional. Oh, and their OL suck harder than the black hole at the center of the Milky Way ... might be a good time for our D to get better. I'm not sure we've played an OL this bad so far this season, but it's certainly nothing compared to what Washington and Dallas have.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wait ... This thread confuses me

Do you people not read the OP, lol? It says July 10th in the beginning. The purpose was to get Rams fans to understand how Seahawks fans underrated the Rams before the season began, which will make the butt-kicking they will get on Sunday so much sweeter.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Do you people not read the OP, lol? It says July 10th in the beginning. The purpose was to get Rams fans to understand how Seahawks fans underrated the Rams before the season began, which will make the butt-kicking they will get on Sunday so much sweeter.

Oh! I read it now. Sorry about that. I made the mistake of reading the posts before your post. My bad.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/2817-what-do-we-make-of-jared-goffs-hot-start/

What do we make of Jared Goff's hot start?

Let's face it, he was absolutely putrid last year - to the degree that many observers wrote the former #1 overall pick off as a lost cause after less than a full season starting.

Through 3 games this year he's one of the league's top 3 passers, leading all QBs in Y/A, NY/A and ANY/A, and 3rd in passer rating behind Alex Smith and Tom Brady.

So what's different? Is it mostly scheme-based or has Goff markedly improved in his own right?
---------
Scheme + Additional Skill Position Talent (Watkins + Woods + Kupp + Everett) + General progression from Year 1 to Year 2 + Improved OL (Miss you Whit).

Defenses will adjust though. Should really know what he's made of the last 6 games of the season...
--------
Better coaching and talent around him are big factors. He's definitely playing better - looking off defenders, going through progressions. That's stuff that will help him out once defenses begin to adjust. I don't know how good he is or will be, but I think that there's definitely a level of this that is real.
--------
It's amazing what you can do when you're not being coached by Jeff Fisher and don't have at best a bottom three if not the worst WR group in the NFL. Right Sam Bradford and Case Keenum?
---------
Minnesota is still testing and needs more test subjects. Jared Goff will be a Viking one way or another to complete the experiment.
----------
Sean McVay is a pretty good coach.
--------
It's a combination of several things: Significant coaching upgrades, personal improvement and upgraded talent. Every time I listened to Goff talk during the off-season, he was always accountable. He had so many outs last season (rookie year, poor coaching, poor offensive line, WR's dropping passes, etc) and never mentioned any of it as an excuse.

Upgrades at offensive line have been big and the WR talent added has been absurd. Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp - It's ridiculous to improve an entire WR corps in just one off-season that much.

He's been great vs the Colts and Niners and played decently vs the Redskins. I really believe in Goff and I'm sure he will continue to impress.
-------
Goff was garbage last year and looks serviceable this season. From what I've watched I haven't been blown away, but he at least looks like a starting NFL QB. Bill Walsh I think said you don't know what you have in a QB until 20(I think it was 20 anyway) starts in, so he's got some time to go yet.
--------
Are we going to completely ignore the fact that Goff's faced a couple of putrid defenses and a middle of the pack defense? Im happy to see he's playing well and this will definitely build some confidence, but get back to me after he faces the Seahawks in Week 5
--------
He's certainly better than he was last year, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that this level of success doesn't last.
--------
I think it's the easy way out to say Goff faced easy teams. Reasons are, last season he faced the same Niners team Week 16 and couldn't psss for more than 90yds completed 45% of his passes, threw 2 ints and was sacked 4 times.

Against the Saints last season he had 3 td passes in the first half in his first career road start (only Ryan was the other QB to throw 3 td passes in the first half again the Saints in the dome last season) BUT in the second half Goff was shell shocked and completely fell apart.

So what I'm saying is that we shouldn't take the lazy way out and say Goff played easy teams. Does he look shell shock? No. Is he making the big time throws consistently? Yes. How is he on 3rd downs (money downs)? He is great so far. How is he in the redzone? He is great so far. Is he making mistakes? No. Like from preseason to Week 3, I can count 2 mistakes Goff has made.

One was against the Chargers Week 3 of the preseason where he threw a duck to Im guessing Watkins that was way off and it got intercepted. The second mistake was Week 2 against the Redskins where he stared down Kupp on the last possession and it got intercepted.

Other than that, Goff isn't making many mistakes. He isn't taking sacks. So far 3 sacks all season long. Most of that has to do with the improved oline and play design but Goff also is getting rid of the ball and showing his athleticism on some plays to escape the pressure.

I think his confidence has grown and I'm loving the McVay hire. Underrated hire too is the OC Matt LaFleur. He was the QB coach for Matt Ryan last season. Ryan had his best season last year. Not to mention Goff QB coach Greg Olson who helped Bortles improve in his 1st and 2nd full seasons as the Jags starter.

Olson also made Josh Freeman a pro bowl QB on season while in Tampa Bay and Olson also worked with Drew Brees back in college at Purdue which Brees ended up as the 32nd overall pick coming into the NFL and has had a HOF career. So what Goff is doing is no fluke.
----------
Servicable, yes. Which I deem as solid play. Same category I'd put guys like Mariota, Prescott, Rivers, Cousins, etc in so far this season. It's not a knock.
----------
Yea, let's ignore the fact that Goff has performed better against those defenses than Carson Palmer, Russell Wilson, and Derek Carr. - jrry32
---------
You're entitled to an opinion that Goff won't keep it up. You're entitled to an opinion that he's faced weak competition. But claiming his play against that competition has been "serviceable" isn't believable if you've watched all the games. Mariota, Prescott, Rivers, and Cousins have been "serviceable" if you go by the numbers. Goff's numbers are comparable to Brady's, and the Rams lead the NFL in PPG.

Now, I don't believe that Goff's numbers are going to remain this outrageous, but I also don't expect him to flop either. The progression he's made and McVay's brilliance as an offensive mind are very obvious right now (as well as the upgrades the Rams have made on offense). - jrry32
-------
I mean if you go strictly off numbers then Kirk Cousins has been better than serviceable too. But I've made an effort to watch most games so far this season(albeit a lot of them in condensed form). Goff has been solid, but not spectacular. Looking deeper at the numbers would support that as well.

Only 51.6% of his yards are air yards, which would rank him 22nd in the league per PFF, which means his receivers have helped boost his stats significantly with YAC. He's benefited from some really nice receiver play in terms of catches, he's only had 2 drops all year.

I'm not expecting him to flop. I'm not expecting anything period. Guy was complete garbage year 1, and now looks like a starting quality QB, so "expecting" anything in regards to him is out the window for me. Just judging based off what I've watched of him this season + his numbers.
-------
41 points against a 49ers defense that held the Seahawks and Panthers without a TD is nothing to sneeze at.
--------
The Colts and 49ers are bad teams. The Colts suck all around. The 49ers' defense had been decent prior to playing the Rams. The Redskins have looked good thus far. Look at what their defense did to Derek Carr last night. So yea, I think stating Goff has played weak defenses to this point is a matter of opinion. It's likely true, but we don't know yet.
-------

View: https://twitter.com/pfref/status/912744873966604288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fpfref%2Fstatus%2F912744873966604288

View: https://twitter.com/NFL_expertpicks/status/912662175268909058?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNFL_expertpicks%2Fstatus%2F912662175268909058-

View: https://twitter.com/JodySmithNFL/status/911318054138720258?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FJodySmithNFL%2Fstatus%2F911318054138720258
jrry32
--------
It is definitely quality progress. He won't maintain this pace, just because...he won't. But it is definitely reassuring if you're a Rams fan, and a sign of what competent coaching and patience can do for a QB.
---------
New coaching/system(Jeff Fisher is just a really really bad offensive coach by all accounts who's stuck in the past), new teammates, a year of growth as a player.

Pretty much everything is different.

Here are all of his passes vs. the 49ers:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxCBqDzQ-A&feature=player_embedded

--------
I do not know how good Goff can get, but I do know all those doubts due to his rookie year were ridiculous. It usually takes 3 years before a QB can be deemed much of anything. Sure there are exceptions, but that is the general rule for most QB's.

He is clearly showing vast improvement, but it will still take time to evaluate just how good he can become.
-------
And with a few notable exceptions that's all Rams fans were saying this off season. Don't write him off after the rookie year give him a chance with some competent coaching.
-------
Ehh both side make valid points and invaild points I mean before the season if asked will he be better than last year? That would be pretty easy yes because it would have been extremely difficult to be worse than he was last season.

Obviously he is off to a fantastic start and you can judge his competition he did play two teams that could be really really bad and you would expect a solid team like the Rams to beat regardless. So there is room for skepticism. But he was really good regardless and you probably weren't expecting to see those numbers from him no matter who he was playing.

Last year I read an article on NFL.com I believe that rated the top 50 #1 overall picks and he was rated last right behind Jamarcus Russell and obviously that was pretty egregious based of what 7 or 8 starts last year?

Expectations were certainly tempered from most outsiders but something like an Alex Smith like progression seemed like it could still be in play (he's sure looked good this year, right?). He was labeled a bust for a much larger sample size. Maybe the higher end example was Drew Brees he was not only labeled a bust but just three short years later the franchise drafted another QB #1 overall.

I've always liked Brees but I remember what he looked like I remember him getting benched for a 40 year old Doug Flutie and Cleo Lemon. This would be more high end as he's had an unbelievable career the next two years in SD and now over a decade with the Saints.

When saying oh he won't keep up with these godly MVP type of numbers that's really going out on a limb I mean not even @jrry32 or @El ramster really believes he's going to have an outstanding almost unreachable except for maybe Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers like prime seasons this year. Although Rammy will probably say that next year and force himself into believing it.

Even in just three games compared from last year of course a small sample size but he has looked Night and Day compared to what I have seen last year. You don't have to buy into him as a surefire superstar but you have to give him credit as well as McVay because it was a detriment to play under Jeff last year.

I mean good for him and the team. He looks much better the Rams offense overall looks much better. Let's wait and see how he plays the rest of the season. See if he can keep it up.
-------
What to make of it? I guess don't write off the #1 pick after 1 season playing with a horrid offensive cast and non-nurturing coach? Obviously he's not going to keep up this play, statistically at least, I can guarantee that, but he looks more confident as a passer and just all around sharpened his game from last season.

Having some weapons and a run game helps too. The thing with Goff is he is not the type to get rattled, he was sticking in the pocket in the face of pressure and getting off throws that left him open for the big hit since he was a freshman at Cal, you can't teach that kind of confidence, or whatever it is. So that rookie year, no matter how horrendous, was not gonna have any impact on him going forward.
-------
Just like you shouldnt overreact to a bad rookie season....you shouldnt overreact to a few good games. Hell, even if Goff is great the rest of the season, I wont be COMPLETELY sold on him as a franchise QB.

Goff is definitely showing what he is capable of, but here is what most people tend to overlook when it comes to QBs.....consistency is the difference between a franchise QB and the rest. Too many fans are impatient and have knee jerk reactions to big INDIVIDUAL games and seasons, both good and bad.

Even mediocre QBs can have a good game or a good stretch of games from time to time. Im not calling Goff mediocre....I dont know what he is yet....but all he is doing now is showing he is damn well capable of being that franchise guy....but he still has a long way to go in proving he is, without a doubt, a true franchise QB.

So...what do we make of it? You take it for what it is.....a hot start from a talented QB who struggled as a rookie. No more, no less. At the end of the year, you evaluate the progress he has made, and see if he can continue it into next year.

Once there is more gametape on young QBs, defenses adjust to exploit potential weaknesses. The better QBs are able to adjust to those adjustments and actually exploit the defenses for trying to exploit them. Some QBs cant adjust and then there is a blueprint to keeping them in check.

Bottom line....this is a year Goff can shut alot of naysayers up, but next year will be his defining year IMO.
-------
Nah. Goff is 22 years old. Most QBs don't reach their full potential until 26 to 29 years old. Next year is simply another year. If he has a great year this year, it'll speak quite well about his future. But reality is that he'll likely show inconsistencies for the next few years. That's common. - jrry32
----------
I guess thats fair...but what I meant was his rookie year was pretty bad and this year is on track to be good....but its hard to judge a QB based on one good year and one bad year. By year three, the QB is acclimated to the league and whatever offense he is in....so by year three, you can really start judging a QB.

Not saying its a final judgment, but I dont take much away from the first two years unless the first two years are notably special or notably bad (especially when it comes to poor mechanics and decision making).
---------
He looks good thus far. If he keeps it up the Rams could contend for a NFC playoff spot this year.
--------
I'm still viewing it with a grain of salt. Obviously he improved from last season, and the scheme definitely fits him better. Not buying he has improved as much as the stats indicate though. We'll see.
---------
http://presnapreads.com/2017/09/28/jared-goffs-growth/
--------
He was in the worst position possible for a rookie QB last year. Bad coach, bad scheme, lack of quality targets, bad o-line and no chemistry because he got his first start mid season, right about the time the rest of the offense was done and mailing it in. Everything has changed. Better coach, better scheme, better targets, better line, better chemistry and players that are fighting to win.

I wasn't anywhere near writing him off after last season. I'm not about to coronate him after 3 games this season either. Not against that competition. But I liked what I saw last season (under those circumstances) and I like what I have seen this season.

I think most Rams fans that didnt have an axe to grind with the team, the coach or the trade, saw a lot of potential in Goff last season. Sure... the stats were dismal. But they were guaranteed to be dismal. If you watched him, and watched how he responded to all that adversity, you couldnt help walking away from the season feeling like we might have an actual franchise QB.

Will he end up being that guy? Time will tell. He is progressing. I am pleased. But I am very measured with my evaluation this season. Bad teams make opposing players look better than they are all the time. I think he can be as good as he looks, and better. It just depends on the development.
--------
I knew he'd be fine. I expect him to continue making progress and ending up being one of the better QB's in the league.
---------
Today was a huge win both for Goff and for HC McVay who if he gets a winning season period even without playoffs should easily run home with the coach of the year award. Hands down what he's done for the Rams is starting to turn into the reincarnation of the Greatest Show On Turf ... or grass now but still, Rams offense on a rampage and stealing headlines.
-------
Under HC Sean McVay, Rams have scored 142 points, the 4th-highest total by a team in its first four games of a season with a first-year HC.
--------
Todd Gurley becoming (Zeke Elliot from 2016) has aided greatly in Jared Goff becoming last year's version of Dak Prescott. Amazing what a Real Running Game can do for an organization/QB. Let alone not Not having Jeff Fisher as your HC.
-------
Theres a reason why he was the number 1 pick

Goff is legit

Any QB would've been terrible with Jeff Fischer running the show

Mcvay is exactly what the doctor ordered
--------
ueX7IQr.png

56fW9tI.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EFzx9tfF58&feature=player_embedded

--------
Great coaching plus they upgraded the talent around him. I think he will have a great season and Rams will be fighting for a playoff spot. It helps when you have an OL that can actually block for once. Watkins, Gurley, Kupp, and Everett are going be nice toys for Goff to grow with for years to come.

I think McVay has a great season just because of the unknown factor, we'll see if he can keep this up like Jay Gruden has so far. Rams fans have plenty of reasons to be happy.
--------
Glad to see him playing so well, although it has only been four games, what a difference a year makes. It's interesting to see how so many were calling him a bust after a few games and how LA needed to take a QB in the 2018 draft are now singing a different tune. Improving the offensive line, getting a coach who has a clue and adding some offensive weapons has certainly contributed to his early success.
--------
Meh, its,week 4.

He's never going to be the next big thing.

If the Rams get good . he'll be the Simms , Hostetler, Rypien type that gets to come along for the ride but never be in any top 10 or 20 conversation
-------
Gurley is a much more dynamic pass catcher than I thought. I like this Rams offense tbh. I never thought I'd say that after last season. This was a great win for them.
-------
Jared Goff has somehow turned the corner. Props to McVay and Olsen for turning Goff from obvious bust to potentially a decent QB. But there's still 12 more games left to play, hopefully Goff can keep it up.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The last time the Rams were actually good, and they still didn’t win a playoff game that year.
Photo by Elsa/Getty Images

The post-expansion NFC West wrapped up its fifteenth year of existence last season, and the team with the most division titles (8), playoff appearances (11), Super Bowl appearances (3), and Super Bowl wins (1) is the Seattle Seahawks. Would anyone like to take a guess as to which team has the fewest of everything I’ve just mentioned? If you picked the St. Louis-turned-Los Angeles Rams, congratulations.
In 2005 the Rams Beat the Hag's in Seattle, In the Play-Offs 27-20!! And we have Won 4 of our last 6 meetings!! KMA!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Such a different feeling going into this years game. Years past we hoped the defense held them to a low score or scored themselves. This year you feel like we can score is just can our defense not give up 30 points. One thing is certain the confidence level in our coaching staff hasn't been this high in ages.

Very important game not just for this seasons standings but for the growth of our young team.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
One day, the Rams will be good again (and so will the Bills, Browns, and Jaguars).
looks like some famous last words....

And look out for those Browns....

I'm looking for stuff written by Danny Kelly.....famous Irish seacock sucker......where is his stuff????

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/2817-what-do-we-make-of-jared-goffs-hot-start/

Are we going to completely ignore the fact that Goff's faced a couple of putrid defenses and a middle of the pack defense? Im happy to see he's playing well and this will definitely build some confidence, but get back to me after he faces the Seahawks in Week 5
Not sure which defense he's referring to as putrid and middle of the pack, but:

SF: held SEA to 12 points... AT HOME! We hung 41 on them in SF.

WAS: Imo a very underrated D. Before the lateral play last night they held a top O in KC to 23 and the top offense (statistically) to our season low of 20 (which still gives you a chance to win most Sunday's).

As for Indy and Dallas, sure they are sub-par defenses, but we did what we were supposed to do against them, that's all you can ask.

khel72

Rookie
I've already had some koolaid this am but if we don't turn the ball over I don't think it will be particularly close. We can score on anybody and their offense line is gonna get our D right

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh, its,week 4.

He's never going to be the next big thing.

If the Rams get good . he'll be the Simms , Hostetler, Rypien type that gets to come along for the ride but never be in any top 10 or 20 conversation
Should post this in Goff's locker.

I will say that I am nervously optimistic for this game. I always go into games thinking we can win - even when I don't think we can win. This game I KNOW we can win. Will we? I think so but I will be pacing the floor until we get in the V formation. If we get way up on them though, I will be doing shots and my typing will even become slurred.

Man I want the Rams to slaughter the seabitches. I also want Gurley to run right through Sherman and shut that punk's mouf. After living in the Northwet for 30 years, and watching those front running punks, I want so much have salt on hand when they cry about their wounds.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Credit to @Billy Baroo for finding this one. (y)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139565&sid=abf4ed6ea3129478d9c68323fb256798

I hope the coaches are watching Dallas

They are effectively blocking and running against the Rams. They look like they are doing a lot of trap blocking. Goff looks better definitely than last year. I do not like Dallas but I want them to pound the Rams. I will be going to next week's Rams-Seahawk game.
---------
You do realize that the Cowboys' offensive line is immeasurably better than ours, right? Simply watching the game isn't going to give us better players.
---------
Absolutely, but now the Rams have an offense. We are in deep doo doo with our piss poor line.
---------
I hope the coaches are watching how to play offense
---------
I hope they are watching, and learning how to game plan for a specific opponent.

I’m tired of watching them do the same thing no matter who they play.

It worked for a couple of years but won’t continue.
---------
Where did the Rams defense go this year????
---------
Rams are winning...this team looks for real this year.
--------
Rams look impressive
--------
Wow, I left for an hour and came back to this. I am now starting to get worried about these guys. I am glad this was not my pickem this week.
---------
Showdown next week for the division imo
---------
I hope they are not watching the Cowboys. To show them how to not play any defense? Cowboys have been good on defense most of the year but have completely fallen apart without their QB of the defense Sean Lee.

I've said it many times, but our two most important players on the defense are ET3 and Wagner. We need to have our middle linebacker.
--------
Rams are officially back! Hawks won't be able to continue the slow starting ways
---------
I miss fischer
---------
yep, we all knew it could be trouble, when fisher left...
---------
Dallas is about what I expected ..Tougher schedule,weak D and Offensive line is not last years line.
The Rams I could tell was going to be better.The D is not as good so I'm glad.
Any Cowboy loss makes me happy!
-------
But too bad. Our offense makes every defense seem like a world class defense. We are gana get blown out by the rams and the cowboys!
---------
Rams just might have themselves a football team.

I could barely breathe this whole game.

What a game.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I would have to think so. If they are this cocky now and downplaying the Rams this much now, they are beyond delusional. Oh, and their OL suck harder than the black hole at the center of the Milky Way ... might be a good time for our D to get better. I'm not sure we've played an OL this bad so far this season, but it's certainly nothing compared to what Washington and Dallas have.

Well they are shecock fans, that alone tells you they are young and not to bright. If they were over the age of 30 they would know that seattle was the laughing stock of the league for a very long time. I believe they still hold the record for most futile O performance, -7 yards for the game. And of course it was our LA Rams that had the pleasure of helping them achieve that record.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Just keep flying under the radar as far as I'm concerned. This week will be a very good test against a division rival I truly hate. We need to come out and literally punch them in the mouth from the first snap to the last and physically beat the stuffing out of them. Nothing better than seeing Pete "the cheat" Carroll's face when things go wrong for his team. This will be a very physical game no doubt.