All Saints Crap Here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He hasn't been that good, but he also hasn't really had to be.
But Goff will need to be because he can't miss open receivers and he can't rush his throws. We need him to return to his high level of play to win this next game. I believe he's the key to this game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
CJ gonna be gassed by all the NOLA Food before the game even starts.

14f1z3.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Something I have wondered about of late...Do hot reads even exist for this Rams O ???

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Saints fans are saying to their #13 line up & go find Rams #22 or #20 =Big Play every time!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
-----------
Quick question, how the hell did we contain Donald and Suh that 1st game? Peat is going to have to play better without a doubt.

I want to meet this Einstein and refer him to the rule book which communicates that Offensive Holding is a foul, typically resulting in a 10 yard walk off...except when the Vinovich crew is working the game.

Of course your offensive line grabbed, choked and held with impunity, Steven Hawking!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Alot of fan base bashing from a team whose fanbase literally couldn't fill the superdome and wore begs over their heads for years

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How Drew Brees is going to burn the L.A. Rams to the ground: podcast
By Dave Cariello
But is the offensive line ready for the Rams?

SaintsHappyHour.0.jpg

The boys review the Saints WTF win vs. the Eagles in the Divisional playoff game. Andrew is tired of East Coast sports media bias. Ralph thinks Sunday’s win had “Hakim drops the ball” feel.

Is the offensive line ready for the Rams? Will Michael Thomas get ALL THE MONEY this summer? How Bad will Rankins’ injury hurt the team?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
We will also have tape to see now on how to combat what they were doing.
Hey fella... the Rams have tape on your team too.

They only play the game with one football.
Really?! I thought each team uses multiple game balls. Plus they have special "kicking" balls too. Classic stupidity right there.

There's a reason why the Rams were so successful running the ball against the Cowboys. We don't have that issue
Every team has tendencies. And if their coaches try to get their guys to change their alignment, etc. now, it could really backfire on them.

I doubt we let butterball run it down our throat.
I hope CJ runs for about 150 with a couple scores, and Gurley gets another 100+ with a couple scores. Then add the passing game for another 250-300 yards with 3-4 scores. I'd be very happy with that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://saintsreport.com/threads/rams-defense-cannot-play-saints-like-they-did-dallas.401203/

Rams defense cannot play Saints like they did Dallas

Rams stacked the line of scrimmage all game, daring Dak to beat them and he couldn't. Now all I hear is how the Rams defense has transformed into a real defense.

They will more than likely play better than week 10, but if they do the same game plan against Drew Brees, they will get torched. Just sayin'
-------------
Agreed.
I feel just as I did about the Eagles second game with us. It will be hard fought and we will have to find a way to scrape by.

While we are being widely dismissed I think we can do it if our big guys are ok enough. I think we will need 35 plus for this one.

I do respect Talib and that will be something we haven’t had to face.
-----------
I think the Rams know that. What will be interesting is how they cover Thomas. Do they try to man him up with Talib or Peters, or do they double team him and take him out of the passing game and dare someone else to beat them?

If they man up like they did the last time with Peters, Thomas will kill them like he did the last meeting. I'm sure Talib will struggle covering him as well. And if they do cover 2 him, who on the Saints steps up and makes the plays in the passing game? Ginn?
-----------
Talib will be asked to guard MT so that he can’t abuse Peters again.
------------
Peters and Talib were getting roasted Saturday night and Prescott couldn't hit anyone. Looks like Talib still is being bothered by the injury some too. I have confidence we'll see our guys getting open often and feasting.
-----------
And Talib will do a better job with it because he's not terrible in coverage like Peters.
------------
Okay. Lets hope as I don't think Talib can stay with Thomas one-on-one either. Thomas will punk him like he punked Peters.
----------
Talib was terrible last week. He's either not healthy, rusty, or he's just getting old.
----------
He is getting old. I was unimpressed and unconcerned about him coming back. I live in Colorado so Broncos are the local team shown on TV. Talib's last year with them was mediocre to poor. That is why the Broncos chose to let him go.

He is OK, but no longer special. If they put him on CGM, the results will be about the same as Peters. He is better but not by much.
--------------
I think one that thing is different is Kupp won’t be in this game, and our defense is playing better than the last match up. Im cautiously optimistic.
----------
I agree with both kupp gone and our defense playing better being helpful, but I am worried about the new CJ-Gurley tandem show. I am not pessimistic, but I think they will wear us down more than I'd like.....
-----------
Yeah, that dome will be quiet when Brees is on the field. Stack the line and it's gonna be screens and outs all game long. He'll torch that defense if they stack the box against him.
----------
Perhaps, the reason we are underdogs is the loss of Sheldon Rankins. With Gurley hitting the middle, we will certainly miss Sheldon. Without a big run stuffer, things will be tough, but I still think we’ll come out on top.
----------
Ginn will be our #2 and if they plan to take out MT with Talib (not gonna happen), Ginn will be wide open with 22 trailing.

I just hope Brees and Ginn can get on the same page this week.
----------
We were missing Davenport and Ginn the first Rams game. Wonder why they don't mention that as a factor?

I like our chances. I feel better about this game than I did about the Eagles. Goff has no clue what he's about to face. If he thinks he knows what the atmosphere will be like in the Dome because of the first game, he's in for a rude awakening.
-----------
Talib and Peters are both very unstable. Imo.
----------
Someone has to try to run with Ginn. One thing I know for sure is Peters and Talib cannot for an entire game.
----------
If the offense manages a fast start to this game, I really think Goff will be too overwhelmed to overcome the crowd and mount any real comeback.
-----------
Need to keep DT Aaron Donald away from Brees.
-----------
The Eagles employed a similar strategy against the Saints as did Dallas. They put 8-9 in the box (or the 9th very near the box) and used a single high safety, playing man a LOT. It was quite effective for a while. Until Mike Thomas decided he was going to play Superman.

The Rams will try something similar, I think. They'll actually try to put the game in Drew's hands, taking away short/intermediate stuff counting on his being unable to hit deep.
------------
I watched the Cows/Rams on my tv (32 inch) & I swear often times I couldn't even see the rams corners on the screen. They were playing 10+ yards off the WR.

Do that against the Saints WR core & Brees will shred you up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Eagles employed a similar strategy against the Saints as did Dallas. They put 8-9 in the box (or the 9th very near the box) and used a single high safety, playing man a LOT. It was quite effective for a while. Until Mike Thomas decided he was going to play Superman.

The Rams will try something similar, I think. They'll actually try to put the game in Drew's hands, taking away short/intermediate stuff counting on his being unable to hit deep.

Rams will definitely do a bit of that at least. Which is where having only Joyner deep becomes a huge concern. Safety is a prob for us, and while Brees is definitely a dink & dunker nowadays he can put it up if Joyner's out there chasin butterflies.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Click link below and scroll down for podcast.
https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2019/1/15/18183477/drew-brees-burn-rams-podcast

How Drew Brees is going to burn the L.A. Rams to the ground: podcast
But is the offensive line ready for the Rams?
By Dave Cariello

I hope The Saints kick the shit out of the Rams.
----------
Speaking of motivation from the national media... Here you go Saints:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nkings-rams-rule-entering-championship-sunday
----------
[NSFW] Marcus Peters interview after getting beat by the Saints

Gumbo line:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h6m3mKjM8k

Other parts of that interview:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eod3TJaWHg
He’s a f***ing dick!!

Chris Carter talks about the upcoming game and a warning for Peters:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDLibx8xvo

-----------
I expect us to be ready

I believe games define a team and I think the rams will just assume that they can run over us with the loss of Rankins . I think the last game prepared us for anything and the Saints are due a good offensive game . I expect Ginn to get us going and I believe that we should start off a lot better .
---------------------
https://saintsreport.com/threads/mjd-really-just-said-the-rams-have-a-better-defense.401398/

MJD really just said the Rams have a better defense

And the village idiot stands on his soapbox once again.

On the power rankings show on NFL network, in the Balance of Power segment MJD said the Rams have been a top 5 defense since Aqib Talib returned. That is statistically true, however, that has a lot to do with the competition they played (Cardinals, Bears, 49ers, Lions) which are not particularly known for their offense.

However, he fails to mention that in that same time period the Saints have been top 2 in almost every defensive category. It is no shock considering he works for the Rams and had to find a way to make sure he gave the Rams the meaningless Balance of Power segment (he had the Eagles win that last week too)
-------------
giphy.gif

----------
Well he does have to take up for all of the short fat rbs right?
----------
Well...that might be the only thing MJD got right. IMHO, after seeing Gurly and Anderson in last week’s game against the Cowboys, I now believe the Saints have the second best rushing duo. I don’t believe there is a single defense that can tackle Gurly and Anderson for four quarters straight. Anderson reminds me of Jerome Bettis and Gurly is Gurly.

I can’t wait to see what kind of game plan we come up with.
-----------
Because one game from CJ Anderson/Gurley trumps two years of Kamara/Ingram. Jerome Bettis?

Kellerman earlier this year said he thought the Rams were one of those once in a decade jauggernaut teams when they were 4-0. Another one said they had the best wide receiver corps EVER play the game.

What is it about the Rams that make people go to the moon with this stuff?

I would love nothing more than for the Saints to beat these people twice.
----------
Yeah because the rams shut down the "high powered" Cowboys offense lol!

Yeah they shut down Zeke but Dak friggin Prescott threw for 266 on them and didn't even try hard.
----------
Hopefully the offense comes out to play. The Rams run game can be held in check if the Saints can jump up 14 quick on them. Payton though for years has used offense to protect defense, and this game should follow that formula. If the offense can’t turn drives into points, and let the game stay close so the rams can keep banging away with 2 backs, they will put up yards.

But, if Brees and company can go on long drives, score points then it marginalizes their running game. Also, Dallas at least didn’t have the offense to do that, and couldn’t turn drives into points. Also Dallas doesn’t have depth, and plays close to the line. The Rams were able to grind them down, and once past the line were able to gain yardage.
----------
Google C.J. Anderson and Jerome Bettis. Not only am I seeing other NFL fans comparing Anderson’s running style to Bettis. I’ve even seen comparisons to Iron Head. Those are exactly the two RBs that came to mind when I saw him run. Does he have Bettis stats or will he have a Bettis career?—nothing I’ve posted even suggests that. I’m looking at the running style and the effectiveness of the Rams entire rushing attack.

Gurly and Anderson are a DEVASTATING 1-2 punch.
-----------
“Gurley, a three-time Pro Bowl selection who rushed for 1,251 yards during the regular season, has speed and savvy, with an ability to bounce to the outside. Anderson, on the other hand, is not a sculpted piece of clay. He has curves, a runner who resembles Jerome Bettis more than he does Eric Dickerson. But if his center of gravity were any lower, he would be underground, and he bursts through the line of scrimmage like the Kool-Aid Man.”

Jan. 13th, New York Times
Rams Land a Devastating 1-2 Punch in the N.F.L. Playoffs
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/13/sports/rams-nfl-playoffs-cj-anderson.html
-------------
I’m not going to overreact about a journeymen RB. The three games everyone’s gushing over were against Arz., Detroit and a Dallas team the Rams OL admitted they knew the defensive calls and exploited them accordingly.

We’ll see I guess this week if this journeymen RB found lightning in a bottle this year or if he’s a product of lucky circumstance.
----------
People are quick to forget that this dude was sitting on his couch a few weeks ago for a reason. Dude has played THREE whole games. One against the fearsome Cardinals, one against the powerhouse 49ers, and the other against a Cowboys defense that was tipping their plays. If you haven't read that story, I'd suggest it. It's a great read. We haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 25 games. That ain't gonna start Sunday in the Dome.
------------
This silliness will be answered (again) in a few days when the Saints defense holds the Rams offense to less points than the Rams defense does the Saints.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m just bored already with reading these fans across a couple boards. Bring on Sunday morning already!

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Saints fans remind me a lot of Cowboys fans last week. Super insecure and worried and hiding it behind fake confidence.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I watched the Cows/Rams on my tv (32 inch) & I swear often times I couldn't even see the rams corners on the screen. They were playing 10+ yards off the WR.

I would not admit to having a tiny-ass screen that I looted during Katrina (blue font for the sensitive)

Status
Not open for further replies.