All Saints Crap Here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

MOD EDIT

———

Hi Folks!

We’re moving on!

We can keep talking and sharing any thoughts, or media, about the bad call... but in an effort to FOCUS ON OUR SUPERBOWL let’s put all the crap in one place.

So, this is the massive catch-all thread.

We might not be perfect in our merging, may choose a few topics to stand alone, so please understand we’re just trying to keep things clean with a primary focus looking forward.

Cheers!

sean-payton-f874cd6b185fcf04.jpg

https://saintsreport.com/threads/rams-new-2-headed-beast.401172/

Rams' new "2-headed beast"

They ran it down Dallas' throat. We have the No. 2 run defense. Do we have what it takes to kill their "beast"?
-----------
Games rarely mirror the previous week.

They won't be at home on Sunday. We will also have tape to see now on how to combat what they were doing.
----------
They only play the game with one football. We just need to stop the run whoever is in there.
---------
The NFL's best run defense isn't going to suddenly become Pee Wee Herman.

Yeah, we'll certainly miss Rankins, but... we'll bring it! Ryan Nielsen and Mike Nolan will have them game-ready!
----------

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/...cowboys-tipping-plays-cj-anderson-todd-gurley

There's a reason why the Rams were so successful running the ball against the Cowboys. We don't have that issue
---------
There hasn't been a run game this year that this defense couldn't step up to. I doubt we let butterball run it down our throat.
---------
CJ was beast. He's a load and he's fresh. Not having Rankins isn't ideal. Our offense has to be effective, it will help keep a full dose of CJ out of their play selection if they're playing from behind or trying to keep up.
---------
No doubt they have talented backs. But, it also helped tremendously in that Dallas pretty much tipped LA off on what they were going to do defensively by lining up in certain positions along the line. Dallas was telegraphing their stunts and all without knowing that the Rams identified this in film study.

LA pretty much knew what Dallas would do in 90% of their plays. This obviously helps a ton when they’re able to know what’s coming and block it to allow for massive runs to happen.
----------
I'm gonna need some help this week. I said last week I was done worrying for the year....I got that out of my system weeks 6 thru 8. Truth be told though this game really worries me. Their run game not so much....we're pretty good against the run. I worry about us not being able to score enough points on offense to get it done.

The identity of our team has changed since the first match up. We need a low scoring game to stay in it I'm afraid. I'm gonna need help from you guys keeping the worry bug at bay. I can list reasons we should win this game but I keep coming back to our offensive production as of late. It worries me.
-------------
CJ gonna be gassed by all the NOLA Food before the game even starts.
-----------
1. Saints offense HAS to start quicker than they did against the Eagles
2. We need to execute our big plays:

If we hit on out 3-5 big plays we will win.
-------------

https://saintsreport.com/threads/rams-have-the-saints-superbowl-oline-and-dline-coaches.401068/

Rams have the Saints Superbowl OLine and DLine coaches

Aaron Kromer (OLine)
2008 - 2012 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

Bill Johnson (DLine)
2009 - 2016 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

Both units playing well for the Rams. I knew about Johnson for a while but Kromer was a surprise. He’s definitely put together some great units for us in his tenure.
-------------
Now that you mention it, they are using our old coaches with their new team while we're using new coaches on our old team.
------------
They've also got the wrong Sean.
-------------

https://saintsreport.com/threads/rankins-believed-to-have-torn-achilles.400926/

Rankins believed to have torn achilles

This will hurt against the Rams.
------------
Hopefully the Saints can find the CJ Anderson version of 3-tech DT as a FA this week!
-------------
This is a serious blow to our run defense. It's a shame and the Rams will benefit next week with inside runs.
------------
Regardless, the rams will NOT run all over the saints like they did to the cowboys. Losing Rankins still hurts, no getting around it. But the saints can survive it.
-------------
I briefly perused a Rams board and their fans are mostly thinking we will get smoked by them. Talib being back and such.

I do hope we have a plan in place for Fowler he actually gave us fits last game....not stats wise but always making Drew uncomfortable. Idk tho, we did get 45 on em.?.?

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
To be honest, I am upset you guys have Kromer, but you guys can keep Bill Johnson. That guy is worse than horrible.

Last edited:

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
This is going to be an interesting matchup - both Rams and Saints have played well to get here and have had stretches when it hasn’t gone as well. This game comes down to defense... It the Rams can play consistent D and apply pressure, we can win.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

They ran it down Dallas' throat. We have the No. 2 run defense. Do we have what it takes to kill their "beast"?
-----------

They won't be at home on Sunday. We will also have tape to see now on how to combat what they were doing.
----------
They only play the game with one football. We just need to stop the run whoever is in there.
---------

Yeah, we'll certainly miss Rankins, but... we'll bring it! Ryan Nielsen and Mike Nolan will have them game-ready!
----------
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/...cowboys-tipping-plays-cj-anderson-todd-gurley

There's a reason why the Rams were so successful running the ball against the Cowboys. We don't have that issue
---------
There hasn't been a run game this year that this defense couldn't step up to. I doubt we let butterball run it down our throat.
---------
CJ was beast. He's a load and he's fresh. Not having Rankins isn't ideal. Our offense has to be effective, it will help keep a full dose of CJ out of their play selection if they're playing from behind or trying to keep up.
---------
No doubt they have talented backs. But, it also helped tremendously in that Dallas pretty much tipped LA off on what they were going to do defensively by lining up in certain positions along the line. Dallas was telegraphing their stunts and all without knowing that the Rams identified this in film study.

LA pretty much knew what Dallas would do in 90% of their plays. This obviously helps a ton when they’re able to know what’s coming and block it to allow for massive runs to happen.
----------
I'm gonna need some help this week. I said last week I was done worrying for the year....I got that out of my system weeks 6 thru 8. Truth be told though this game really worries me. Their run game not so much....we're pretty good against the run. I worry about us not being able to score enough points on offense to get it done.

The identity of our team has changed since the first match up. We need a low scoring game to stay in it I'm afraid. I'm gonna need help from you guys keeping the worry bug at bay. I can list reasons we should win this game but I keep coming back to our offensive production as of late. It worries me.
-------------
-----------

-------------
https://saintsreport.com/threads/rams-have-the-saints-superbowl-oline-and-dline-coaches.401068/

Aaron Kromer (OLine)
2008 - 2012 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

Bill Johnson (DLine)
2009 - 2016 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

Both units playing well for the Rams. I knew about Johnson for a while but Kromer was a surprise. He’s definitely put together some great units for us in his tenure.
-------------
Now that you mention it, they are using our old coaches with their new team while we're using new coaches on our old team.
------------
-------------

------------
Hopefully the Saints can find the CJ Anderson version of 3-tech DT as a FA this week!
-------------
This is a serious blow to our run defense. It's a shame and the Rams will benefit next week with inside runs.
------------
Regardless, the rams will NOT run all over the saints like they did to the cowboys. Losing Rankins still hurts, no getting around it. But the saints can survive it.
-------------
I briefly perused a Rams board and their fans are mostly thinking we will get smoked by them. Talib being back and such.

I do hope we have a plan in place for Fowler he actually gave us fits last game....not stats wise but always making Drew uncomfortable. Idk tho, we did get 45 on em.?.?

Woah, that's a huge, nasty head!

I'll have nightmares now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
To be honest, I am upset you guys have Kroger, but you guys can keep Bill Johnson. That guy is worse than horrible.

Yep, he's lucky he has Donald, but he's one of Wade's boys....I'm hoping they go in another direction next season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...ried-about-officiating-against-rams/81431410/

Worried about officiating against Rams

Think Goodell sent the memo out to officials yet.
You know NFL and CBS want the Los Angeles market in this Super Bowl.

I'm thinking New England and LA get all the calls this weekend.
-------------
I was thinking the same. They will pull their hair out if they get a Kansas City and New Orleans Super Bowl
-----------
The Super Bowl ratings are what they are. The teams playing has minimal effect
-----------
Why wouldn't they want Brees vs Brady?

They really need all 25 Rams fans to watch the Superbowl instead of 2 of the greatest quarterbacks ever, and teams with actual fanbases?
-----------
You are way overestimating the number of Rams fans
------------
Proof Matchups and markets dont really matter for the super bowl

2r46az.jpg

-------------
You could easily make the argument that the league also wants two of their all time great QB's to face off in Brees and Brady.
------------
Goodell having to hand the Lombardi Trophy to Payton would be rubbing his face in shite. He doesn’t want that.
------------
You’re wrong they are dying for a KC/LA rematch for the super bowl. That’s where the calls will be
------------
Now we astute NFL peeps know the home team inherently receive the favorable calls from the referee wether we want them or not.
-------------
The NFL has been more likely to run things into the ground then break new ground; so I'm not too worried about calls for a New Superstar Super Bowl showdown between Goff and Mahomes.

I'd think it is more likely that the NFL would want to ride the established popularity of the aging vets who are running out of time for another championship, i.e. Brees vs. Brady.

Or the two MVP candidates duking it out in the Super Bowl - Brees vs. Mahomes.

The main thing Goff has going for him are Gurley and the Los Angeles market; but the importance of local market is lessened because of the fact that the Super Bowl is so ubiquitous anyway.
-------------
It's all about market scale. The Rams have one of the lowest market view shares (by percentage) in the NFL.

However, their 9.4 rating represents like nearly double the viewers of the Saints who have like a 40.9.

So this is the dream for the NFL. Get more of those millions of eyes on their prize peach.
-------------
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...arcus-peters-like-okra-in-his-gumbo/81431868/

Does Marcus Peters like okra in his gumbo?

usatsi_11597211.jpg

It's gonna be chippy as F between him and Thomas. Hopefully Peters does something stupid enough to get tossed.
-----------
I doubt they are putting Peters on Thomas after how bad he got destroyed. Also I hope he doesn’t get tossed. The guy is trash. Having him out there is a benefit for the saints. But I would like to see somebody Andre Johnson his ass. Just not our best receiver when he has a super bowl to play in.
------------
Peters is quickly becoming my most hated player in the NFL. He's an idiot and a hot head. Ya'll see him run up into the stands to talk shite to a fan a few weeks ago?

If I were the coach I'd be telling MT13 to talk as much shite as possible and get in his head. I can almost guarantee Peters will get frustrated and eventually take a swing and give us a free 15. But please keep your cool MT13... let this idiot make himself a fool and be happy with a W
----------------
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...s-beating-the-rams-is-really-simple/81430439/

The keys to the Saints beating the Rams is really simple

It doesn't take a genius in this one:

1) Contain the run game
2) Contain the interior DL of the Rams.

That is pretty much it beyond the obvious like Turnovers. If the Rams can't run the ball, and Suh/Donald doesn't destroy our OL, we win.

(The problem with this simplistic type of thinking is that while it's logical and makes sense on paper, executing this on the field is a different matter entirely. Cowboys fans before our game with them made the same exact statements and that didn't turn out so well for them.

The key for both teams begins and ends in the trenches, as it always has in the NFL. Can the Saints dominate the Rams O-line and the Rams D-line. It's a question of who wants it more?)

-------------------
With the removal of Kupp this is 100% fact
------------
he kinda burned us last time we played so should be a little easier this time around
------------
Score score score. We made them abandon the run last time because we were so far ahead.
-----------
Quick question, how the hell did we contain Donald and Suh that 1st game? Peat is going to have to play better without a doubt.
-----------
That scares the ever living shite out of me vs Donald/Suh. Those boys don't play around.
-----------
Kupp was key for them but Woods may be one of the most underrated receivers in football. I'm not as confident as I was against the Eagles honestly. They have Talib back for this match up and even if Thomas is the GOAT, others are going to have to step up.
-----------
If we are being honest with ourselves the saints OL trending down is a big worry. Couple that with the rams DL trending up. It’ll take some more magic for the saints to beat the rams this time around.
----------
Foles is better than Goff. Make Goff beat you.

Rankins hurts but we should be OK stuffing the run without him.

Talib is a punk and won't be allowed to hold on the road.
----------
Throw at Marcus Peters. He's a hot head and will be completely out of his element if we have success against him early. Make the rams switch up coverages. If we can get Thomas on a heated Peters we will have a ton of success.
----------
I think Goff will make a mistake or two and turn it over. Hopefully Drew doesn't.
----------
I really hope they can get more pressure on Goff than they got on Foles. Goff has been playing like arse for over a month now. I feel if they can knock him down several times, the pressure of the moment will be too big along with the crowd noise, Goff will make several big mistakes (turnovers).
-----------
We need to stop the run and force Goff to beat us. Lattimore on Cooks and Apple on Woods with press coverage.

We HAVE to slow down their run. That’s the key to their success.
----------
Double Woods and play singled up on Cooks with space.

Cooks has no shakes so let them take the short stuff/run into the LBs in the middle with him.

Keep containing the run as we have.

Shut down Gurley with Davis in the passing game again.

Without Kupp we can contain that offense. Kupp was huge for them last game. Not that he had a huge game (pretty good with 5 for 89 and a TD), but the attention he drew opened it up for Woods and Cooks especially.

Cooks now has to do a lot of the stuff Kupp was doing and has been used as a decoy a lot more (they've tried giving that role to Reynolds but he can be singled up by most teams).
----------
make "goff win it for them"

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

ROFL
After our first matchup you're gonna say this Saints fan?

eghas.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...ried-about-officiating-against-rams/81431410/

-------------
I was thinking the same. They will pull their hair out if they get a Kansas City and New Orleans Super Bowl
-----------
The Super Bowl ratings are what they are. The teams playing has minimal effect
-----------
Why wouldn't they want Brees vs Brady?

They really need all 25 Rams fans to watch the Superbowl instead of 2 of the greatest quarterbacks ever, and teams with actual fanbases?
-----------
You are way overestimating the number of Rams fans
------------
Proof Matchups and markets dont really matter for the super bowl

2r46az.jpg

-------------
You could easily make the argument that the league also wants two of their all time great QB's to face off in Brees and Brady.
------------
Goodell having to hand the Lombardi Trophy to Payton would be rubbing his face in shite. He doesn’t want that.
------------
You’re wrong they are dying for a KC/LA rematch for the super bowl. That’s where the calls will be
------------
Now we astute NFL peeps know the home team inherently receive the favorable calls from the referee wether we want them or not.
-------------
The NFL has been more likely to run things into the ground then break new ground; so I'm not too worried about calls for a New Superstar Super Bowl showdown between Goff and Mahomes.

I'd think it is more likely that the NFL would want to ride the established popularity of the aging vets who are running out of time for another championship, i.e. Brees vs. Brady.

Or the two MVP candidates duking it out in the Super Bowl - Brees vs. Mahomes.

The main thing Goff has going for him are Gurley and the Los Angeles market; but the importance of local market is lessened because of the fact that the Super Bowl is so ubiquitous anyway.
-------------
It's all about market scale. The Rams have one of the lowest market view shares (by percentage) in the NFL.

However, their 9.4 rating represents like nearly double the viewers of the Saints who have like a 40.9.

So this is the dream for the NFL. Get more of those millions of eyes on their prize peach.
-------------
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...arcus-peters-like-okra-in-his-gumbo/81431868/

Does Marcus Peters like okra in his gumbo?

usatsi_11597211.jpg

It's gonna be chippy as F between him and Thomas. Hopefully Peters does something stupid enough to get tossed.
-----------
I doubt they are putting Peters on Thomas after how bad he got destroyed. Also I hope he doesn’t get tossed. The guy is trash. Having him out there is a benefit for the saints. But I would like to see somebody Andre Johnson his ass. Just not our best receiver when he has a super bowl to play in.
------------
Peters is quickly becoming my most hated player in the NFL. He's an idiot and a hot head. Ya'll see him run up into the stands to talk shite to a fan a few weeks ago?

If I were the coach I'd be telling MT13 to talk as much shite as possible and get in his head. I can almost guarantee Peters will get frustrated and eventually take a swing and give us a free 15. But please keep your cool MT13... let this idiot make himself a fool and be happy with a W
----------------
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...s-beating-the-rams-is-really-simple/81430439/

The keys to the Saints beating the Rams is really simple

It doesn't take a genius in this one:

1) Contain the run game
2) Contain the interior DL of the Rams.

That is pretty much it beyond the obvious like Turnovers. If the Rams can't run the ball, and Suh/Donald doesn't destroy our OL, we win.

(The problem with this simplistic type of thinking is that while it's logical and makes sense on paper, executing this on the field is a different matter entirely. Cowboys fans before our game with them made the same exact statements and that didn't turn out so well for them.

The key for both teams begins and ends in the trenches, as it always has in the NFL. Can the Saints dominate the Rams O-line and the Rams D-line. It's a question of who wants it more?)

-------------------
With the removal of Kupp this is 100% fact
------------
he kinda burned us last time we played so should be a little easier this time around
------------
Score score score. We made them abandon the run last time because we were so far ahead.
-----------
Quick question, how the hell did we contain Donald and Suh that 1st game? Peat is going to have to play better without a doubt.
-----------
That scares the ever living shite out of me vs Donald/Suh. Those boys don't play around.
-----------
Kupp was key for them but Woods may be one of the most underrated receivers in football. I'm not as confident as I was against the Eagles honestly. They have Talib back for this match up and even if Thomas is the GOAT, others are going to have to step up.
-----------
If we are being honest with ourselves the saints OL trending down is a big worry. Couple that with the rams DL trending up. It’ll take some more magic for the saints to beat the rams this time around.
----------
Foles is better than Goff. Make Goff beat you.

Rankins hurts but we should be OK stuffing the run without him.

Talib is a punk and won't be allowed to hold on the road.
----------
Throw at Marcus Peters. He's a hot head and will be completely out of his element if we have success against him early. Make the rams switch up coverages. If we can get Thomas on a heated Peters we will have a ton of success.
----------
I think Goff will make a mistake or two and turn it over. Hopefully Drew doesn't.
----------
I really hope they can get more pressure on Goff than they got on Foles. Goff has been playing like arse for over a month now. I feel if they can knock him down several times, the pressure of the moment will be too big along with the crowd noise, Goff will make several big mistakes (turnovers).
-----------
We need to stop the run and force Goff to beat us. Lattimore on Cooks and Apple on Woods with press coverage.

We HAVE to slow down their run. That’s the key to their success.
----------
Double Woods and play singled up on Cooks with space.

Cooks has no shakes so let them take the short stuff/run into the LBs in the middle with him.

Keep containing the run as we have.

Shut down Gurley with Davis in the passing game again.

Without Kupp we can contain that offense. Kupp was huge for them last game. Not that he had a huge game (pretty good with 5 for 89 and a TD), but the attention he drew opened it up for Woods and Cooks especially.

Cooks now has to do a lot of the stuff Kupp was doing and has been used as a decoy a lot more (they've tried giving that role to Reynolds but he can be singled up by most teams).
----------
make "goff win it for them"

Ahh Fuck Off.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
not sure if its just me but Goff lead the Rams to score 35 on the Saints without the help of a running game and their fans think, "Make Goff Beat us!". Well I think they will have a much tougher time with the Rams especially since the run game has come back around and the Rams D is playing better as well. This should be a fun and competitive match up but looking at the injuries they favor the Rams so I am excited to see how this turns out.. I love that fact that so many are doubting the Rams after crowning them earlier in the year. Hopefully the Saints fans can join Cowboys' nations trying to make excuses and figuring out what just happened.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Ya'll see him run up into the stands to talk shite to a fan a few weeks ago?

Saints fans want players to be like zoo animals apparently.

Also remember when Peyton made fun of Vikings fans last year? That didn't end well, though.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
It is no surprise it's between these two squads in the end. They were the best and deserve to be in the Championship game. It'll come down defense on this one. Whose defense will stop the others offense from opposing their will. The last time we played each other it was a shootout, and one blown coverage/big play that sealed it in the end.

If we keep the ball in front of us, shutdown their two-headed rushing attacked and slow down Thomas, we have a chance to punch our ticket to the final show.

All the talking heads said the Cowboys would have their way with us and we answered the call. Time to step up and do it again! Horns up!

Liberator

Pro Bowler
not sure if its just me but Goff lead the Rams to score 35 on the Saints without the help of a running game and their fans think, "Make Goff Beat us!". Well I think they will have a much tougher time with the Rams especially since the run game has come back around and the Rams D is playing better as well. This should be a fun and competitive match up but looking at the injuries they favor the Rams so I am excited to see how this turns out.. I love that fact that so many are doubting the Rams after crowning them earlier in the year. Hopefully the Saints fans can join Cowboys' nations trying to make excuses and figuring out what just happened.

I get why they think that. They can read a box score and see he hasn't done that great lately. They should really try watching games, though. If we remove the Bears game (bad for everyone) and the flukey/dumb pick against the Eagles he has 6 tds and 1 pick in his last 5 games lol. He hasn't been that good, but he also hasn't really had to be.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I really wish Kupp was playing. I can’t even imagine this offense with Anderson in the fold now with Kupp as well. I still think the Rams have a good chance, but Goff really needs to be sharp with his passes, make good reads, and shake off pressure.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I get why they think that. They can read a box score and see he hasn't done that great lately. They should really try watching games, though. If we remove the Bears game (bad for everyone) and the flukey/dumb pick against the Eagles he has 6 tds and 1 pick in his last 5 games lol. He hasn't been that good, but he also hasn't really had to be.
True. But Goff needs to get his mid-season form back or the Rams chances are slim to get to and win the SB. OTOH if he does, the Rams chances are excellent. It's all on Goff, and the receivers catching his passes, at this point IMO. Since the Bears/Eagles game he's played better, but he is now more trailer than tractor, as a former poster would put it. I love Goff as the Rams QB, but hoping he gets his mojo back and becomes the postseason tractor needed to win the SB.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Reading some of these comments by their fans has be wondering what the hell they put in the water down there. Die hard or not, they have some really clueless fans. I just hope we shut the dome down, and it will feel even sweeter if it's on a last minute score to win. I want to send their fans home crying! These fans are right up there with Cowgirls, Seachicken, Whiner fans.

drew-brees-and-sean-payton-to-the-pit-of-misery-29511081.png

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

-----------

----------
---------

----------

---------
---------
---------

----------

-------------
-----------

-------------

Aaron Kromer (OLine)
2008 - 2012 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

Bill Johnson (DLine)
2009 - 2016 Saints
2017 - 2018 Rams

-------------
------------
-------------

------------
-------------
------------
-------------

Okay, MINUS 50 DKP for blasting that psycho Payton mug on my screen. Thank Heavens I wasn't trying to drink something...dang!

And those soulless eyes!!! /shudder

Status
Not open for further replies.