What Patriots Fans are Saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, folks...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...769777686434435_769777686434435#fdd39917ed078

Does anyone realize that if you take a ball inflated to 13 psi at 70 degrees and then cool it to 30 degrees, the pressure in the ball will drop about 8 percent to about 12 psi. Without letting any air out of the ball. Simple physics.

[Boffo's note: This and many other comments fail to account for the fact that the football on the Colts side of the field were in the same weather and WERE the proper pressure.]
=====
I wonder if the Patriots can counter complain and state that the ball Jackson brought over to the sideline was then deflated by the Colts equipment manager and then reported to the NFL Director of Operations that the Pats were using a deflated ball??? what the hell, if the NFL wants to investigate every finger point and wild accusation that a team brings up for losing then the Pats should start finger pointing back with their own wild accusations. Seriously, Patriot bashing just gets old. Seifert is an idiot, no team trust another team in this league just not the Patriots, it is a cut throat business in the NFL.
=====
DUMB media non-story. The NFL Referee and Head Linesman handle the football between each and every play, spotting forward progress and marking line of scrimmage between each play before the offensive center lines up and touches the football. Don't you think one of the officiating crew members would notice underinflated footballs??? This entire non story is simple jealousy of New England Patriots organizations success the last 15 to 20 years.
=====
In other news, the NFL is investigating whether the Patriots used magic spells from Harry Porter to win the AFC game...
=====
Non story, people will find always find a way to denigrate the pats success even without merit
=====
There is one case of bad reporting in this story, as the ball that was "swapped" out on the "first play of the second half" was supposed to be taken out of play, as it was the ball that was used for the kickoff. That is standard procedure in the NFL. Had nothing to do with whether the ball seemed deflated or not.
=====
The Colts are also upset that the Patriots used professional football players!
=====
I don't think the Patriots intended to cheat, but by bringing players in from Tampa Bay, who also played for Rutgers, like Tim Wright, and combining with players who came directly from Rutgers, like Devin McCourtney, there were intersecting vortices directly in front of the Patriots goal post. The resulting sub atomic collision of mercaporal particles cause exactly .64534 pounds (I have calculated this) of air to escape through the wormhole thus created. This of course made the ball seem lighter when, of course as we all know, the lost air wound up in space between Goodell's ears.
=====
Well done article, lot of clarity gained thanks. But yea this story is so overblown and I hope they resolve it quickly. Got a Superbowl to cheer my patriots on in
=====
Colts whined to the league, just like they did in 2004 when the Pats kicked their butts in AFC title game for roughing up their receivers. Actually got the rules changed. This is playing out just as they would have liked, everyone's attention off of their pathetic performance and on this nonsense. Stay Classy Jim Irsay and Co.
=====
The ball, according to this story was handed to the Colts equipment manager . Does anyone else see a problem on integrity?
=====
if anyone else out there is feeling depressed after your team just won the afc champ. and want this to stop lets do a class action suit. not for money but for respect for our team. as I said all proceeds will go to the learn how to be a loser foundation.
=====
This better be a two way street... Punish the Patriots if they are found to have cheated (doubtful). On the other hand, punish D'Qwell Jackson and the Colts organization equally if they are found to have smeared the Patriots good name. Both sides need to be held accountable for their actions.
=====
Are we reallyyyyyy talking about how much air is in the football?? How do people who get behind this crap lack so much general logic? This is insane.

(cue spygate/"well they always cheat comments" as if that makes the fact that we're talking about the INFLATION OF THE G-D FOOTBALL any more valid...)
=====
Its like the dude that always gets the hot chicks... You are so jealous about him, that you are always trying to find a way to bring him down... and he still gets the hot chicks.
=====
they can't beat us on the field so they beat us down in the media

==========================
I realize that no one who cares in the slightest bit about integrity is still a Patriots fan... but man, this is intentional blindness...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Never underestimate the human ability to rationalize anything. As I said in another thread, despite what we'd like to think humans are not rational, we are rationalizing.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
God I hate those arrogant SOB's
To think at one time as a 13 year old I thought highly of Steve Grogan and Tony Eason
F those guys

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Majority of those people aren't even fans. That hopped on when the patriots became a dynasty.

V3

Hall of Fame
I knew this would happen. A lot of the shit being spewed there they got directly from their local sports radio shows. I listened to one of them the other day and these fans are saying the exact same garbage the radio host was saying. And that crap about the air shrinking in the cold is complete bullshit as noted by Boffo's addendum. Also, for some reason everyone is concentrating on the Colts game. The focus should be on all the other games that were close. It may not have made a difference against the teams NE beat easily, but for the games like the one against the Ravens the week before where they only won by 3, I can almost guarantee it would have made a difference. There are reports that teams were suspecting NE cheating in this manner much earlier than this past playoff game, too. How many of those close games would have changed?

The stupid fans need to take their heads out of their asses and realize they've been worshiping a false god. It's not just this one incident. I don't sit here and try and pretend Mark McGwire never cheated. He did and I don't expect or want him in the HOF. Suck it up and get some honor and morals.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can't stand them Bastards...I understand how some of you don't like the Seahawks, but I'm hoping for a 56-0 slacking of the Patsies to deflate their ego!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, folks...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...769777686434435_769777686434435#fdd39917ed078

Does anyone realize that if you take a ball inflated to 13 psi at 70 degrees and then cool it to 30 degrees, the pressure in the ball will drop about 8 percent to about 12 psi. Without letting any air out of the ball. Simple physics.

[Boffo's note: This and many other comments fail to account for the fact that the football on the Colts side of the field were in the same weather and WERE the proper pressure.]
=====
I wonder if the Patriots can counter complain and state that the ball Jackson brought over to the sideline was then deflated by the Colts equipment manager and then reported to the NFL Director of Operations that the Pats were using a deflated ball??? what the hell, if the NFL wants to investigate every finger point and wild accusation that a team brings up for losing then the Pats should start finger pointing back with their own wild accusations. Seriously, Patriot bashing just gets old. Seifert is an idiot, no team trust another team in this league just not the Patriots, it is a cut throat business in the NFL.
=====
DUMB media non-story. The NFL Referee and Head Linesman handle the football between each and every play, spotting forward progress and marking line of scrimmage between each play before the offensive center lines up and touches the football. Don't you think one of the officiating crew members would notice underinflated footballs??? This entire non story is simple jealousy of New England Patriots organizations success the last 15 to 20 years.
=====
In other news, the NFL is investigating whether the Patriots used magic spells from Harry Porter to win the AFC game...
=====
Non story, people will find always find a way to denigrate the pats success even without merit
=====
There is one case of bad reporting in this story, as the ball that was "swapped" out on the "first play of the second half" was supposed to be taken out of play, as it was the ball that was used for the kickoff. That is standard procedure in the NFL. Had nothing to do with whether the ball seemed deflated or not.
=====
The Colts are also upset that the Patriots used professional football players!
=====
I don't think the Patriots intended to cheat, but by bringing players in from Tampa Bay, who also played for Rutgers, like Tim Wright, and combining with players who came directly from Rutgers, like Devin McCourtney, there were intersecting vortices directly in front of the Patriots goal post. The resulting sub atomic collision of mercaporal particles cause exactly .64534 pounds (I have calculated this) of air to escape through the wormhole thus created. This of course made the ball seem lighter when, of course as we all know, the lost air wound up in space between Goodell's ears.
=====
Well done article, lot of clarity gained thanks. But yea this story is so overblown and I hope they resolve it quickly. Got a Superbowl to cheer my patriots on in
=====
Colts whined to the league, just like they did in 2004 when the Pats kicked their butts in AFC title game for roughing up their receivers. Actually got the rules changed. This is playing out just as they would have liked, everyone's attention off of their pathetic performance and on this nonsense. Stay Classy Jim Irsay and Co.
=====
The ball, according to this story was handed to the Colts equipment manager . Does anyone else see a problem on integrity?
=====
if anyone else out there is feeling depressed after your team just won the afc champ. and want this to stop lets do a class action suit. not for money but for respect for our team. as I said all proceeds will go to the learn how to be a loser foundation.
=====
This better be a two way street... Punish the Patriots if they are found to have cheated (doubtful). On the other hand, punish D'Qwell Jackson and the Colts organization equally if they are found to have smeared the Patriots good name. Both sides need to be held accountable for their actions.
=====
Are we reallyyyyyy talking about how much air is in the football?? How do people who get behind this crap lack so much general logic? This is insane.

(cue spygate/"well they always cheat comments" as if that makes the fact that we're talking about the INFLATION OF THE G-D FOOTBALL any more valid...)
=====
Its like the dude that always gets the hot chicks... You are so jealous about him, that you are always trying to find a way to bring him down... and he still gets the hot chicks.
=====
they can't beat us on the field so they beat us down in the media

==========================
I realize that no one who cares in the slightest bit about integrity is still a Patriots fan... but man, this is intentional blindness...

Yes, it's really quite delusional.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
How could anyone be a Patriot fan? In the past decade, they have defecated on the sport of football multiple times. If you like the Patriots, you don't like football.

I despise Seahawks as well, but they are not the Pats.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
How could anyone be a Patriot fan? In the past decade, they have defecated on the sport of football multiple times. If you like the Patriots, you don't like football.

I despise Seahawks as well, but they are not the Pats.

Speaking of defecation, the shitchickens are notorious for PED association. Let ye no one forget that!

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
True enough Angry Ram but you get in trouble for PED's right? The Patriots can do whatever they want, and the NFL will put up with their BS. Roger has no testicles.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
True enough Angry Ram but you get in trouble for PED's right? The Patriots can do whatever they want, and the NFL will put up with their BS. Roger has no testicles.

Goddell was also hanging out at the Krafts during the AFC championship game they looked real buddy buddy holding each other in a picture.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
kraft.jpg

iced

Patriot fans are hilarious when it comes to this defense - got a friend on facebook that I served with who's a pats fan

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Can't stand them Bastards...I understand how some of you don't like the Seahawks, but I'm hoping for a 56-0 slacking of the Patsies to deflate their ego!

This super bowl should be called Cheat Gate it's
The Seadderal Shecocks
Vs
The Deflating Cheatriots

Both teams love to cheat to win