What is the Rams’ plan at inside linebacker for 2021?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah... Hard to imagine the Rams seeing this as a “need” position.

Not necessarily a "need", but definitely an upgrade. Someone like Bolton, Werner, Davis, hell, even Moses would be an instant upgrade for inside linebacker.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not necessarily a "need", but definitely an upgrade. Someone like Bolton, Werner, Davis, hell, even Moses would be an instant upgrade for inside linebacker.
Good prospects but I think Bolton and Davis ... and maybe Moses ... would cost the Rams the #57 pick.

The Rams just don’t have much draft capital.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Seems to be always plenty of ILB'ers available from my perspective Tano.

I have no heartburn with utilizing a late 3rd-day draft selection on a true MLB'er type ILB'er but I just do not see the need this season unless this MLB'er just happens to have fallen for no reason & packs outstanding skills backpack with very high second-day value.

Rams have the same six ILB'ers returning that were here last season. The fact is last season the Ram played most of the entire season & made the playoffs & played in the divisional round with both backup ILB'ers as starters. This season (hopefully) the two starting 2020 ILB'ers will remain healthy & provide a boost to this unit without having to spend any of that precious rare earth Ram draft elements on this position.

Rams lost a starting team captain @ safety, Lost their 2nd top corner, lost starting DL'er & his back up & lost a starting OLB'er, but they did not lose an ILB'er........those facts makes my point. In addition to the six signed under contract ILB'ers only one is due to hit UFA'cy next year.

Good points. But, it doesn’t mean that the position needs an upgrade. The only one that played with any range was Kiser. ILB is a position that could use an upgrade for sure. I’m just not so sure that this draft will provide hat they need. Sideline to sideline speed is what they needed against 49ers and Packers.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good prospects but I think Bolton and Davis ... and maybe Moses ... would cost the Rams the #57 pick.

Moses is someone who might go in the third round. He looked like he never really recovered from his ACL injury this year (the injury knocked him out for the season in 2019, I believe, unless I'm mistaken?), but if we got 2018 Moses, he's a potential top ten linebacker in the NFL.

Like Lewis before, it's a risk on an injured Alabama player, but the reward is huge...and in Lewis' case, I still think it can pay off.

dang

Legend
For Defense:
1) pick up KJ Wright
2) pick up a FA CB
3) draft Edge
4) draft CB
5) draft DE
Lock and load.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KJ isn't gonna get what he wants now. He's going to need to do a one year and play angry so doing that with us would be fantastic.

That's down from his $10 million cap hit last season with the Seahawks. Has KJ ever played in a 34 defense? In KJ's last four seasons he has only 2 sacks.

He'd be fine in our defense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If Davis is at 57 I would take him immediately. IMO he's a first round value and would boost both edges as well as our run defense on early downs.

But there's a lot of players I like in that range man so it's gonna be tough. We could be looking at some really fine OTs, CBs, OLBs so whatever guy is the top name on the board just take him.