What I think the Rams will do in the first two rounds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I think they will do.

1st round - trade with the Browns, Dolphins, or Chiefs - any of these teams could be in play for Parker, who will likely be on the board when we pick. I don't think the Chiefs trade, but seems like something the Dolphins would do. Anyone interested would likely want to jump in front of the Vikings as they boast Parker's former college QB, and also are in need of WR help.

1st round pick - Cameron Erving OL - Erving makes sense to me this year like Joyner made sense last year - talented and versatile, capable of playing multiple positions that would be considered "needs". I think this is the target on draft day.

2nd round pick - Bernardrick McKinney LB - adds depth to our LB corps, provides a future potential replacement for JL (pending how he develops), and would compete with Dunbar for the "starting" job. I think he also fills a void - our LBs are a bit weak and he could be a thumper.

2nd round pick (from trade) - Laken Tomlinson G - Tomlinson provides depth and starting potential at G. He fits in nicely as a power run blocker, which I think Fisher will love.

This is my prediction for the first two rounds. I think a trade down is certain, as we are ideally placed for it. I almost think we will draft Erving after someone ahead of us nabs Gurley (and then after the draft we will hear that Gurley was the first option).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope you are right. I'd be in favor of Erving/Tomlinson/McKinney(to a lesser extent) in rounds 1/2.

lockdnram21

Legend
[QOTE="FrantikRam, post: 548499, member: 1054"]This is what I think they will do.

1st round - trade with the Browns, Dolphins, or Chiefs - any of these teams could be in play for Parker, who will likely be on the board when we pick. I don't think the Chiefs trade, but seems like something the Dolphins would do. Anyone interested would likely want to jump in front of the Vikings as they boast Parker's former college QB, and also are in need of WR help.

1st round pick - Cameron Erving OL - Erving makes sense to me this year like Joyner made sense last year - talented and versatile, capable of playing multiple positions that would be considered "needs". I think this is the target on draft day.

2nd round pick - Bernardrick McKinney LB - adds depth to our LB corps, provides a future potential replacement for JL (pending how he develops), and would compete with Dunbar for the "starting" job. I think he also fills a void - our LBs are a bit weak and he could be a thumper.

2nd round pick (from trade) - Laken Tomlinson G - Tomlinson provides depth and starting potential at G. He fits in nicely as a power run blocker, which I think Fisher will love.

This is my prediction for the first two rounds. I think a trade down is certain, as we are ideally placed for it. I almost think we will draft Erving after someone ahead of us nabs Gurley (and then after the draft we will hear that Gurley was the first option).[/QUOTE]
Browns are in talks with Redskins to move up to #5. Think its for white. Seen it on twitter

V3

Hall of Fame
This is what I think they will do.

This is my prediction for the first two rounds. I think a trade down is certain, as we are ideally placed for it. I almost think we will draft Erving after someone ahead of us nabs Gurley (and then after the draft we will hear that Gurley was the first option).
IMO Joyner didn't make any sense last year. Very unimpressed. And I seriously doubt the Rams take C in the first. They are planning on using the people they already have for C. They'll use the draft of remaining FA's on OG and RT.

I also don't see any team trading up with us unless someone inexplicably dropped.

I'm starting to think the Rams take Peat or Parker. Not sure how I feel about either.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO Joyner didn't make any sense last year. Very unimpressed. And I seriously doubt the Rams take C in the first. They are planning on using the people they already have for C. They'll use the draft of remaining FA's on OG and RT.

I also don't see any team trading up with us unless someone inexplicably dropped.

I'm starting to think the Rams take Peat or Parker. Not sure how I feel about either.

Joyner didn't make any sense last year??? Huh???? I'm guessing you say that because he didn't do much his rookie year. The pick itself made all kinds of sense because A. he is/was a very talented player, and B. he is capable of filling multiple positions of need with his versatility.

Erving is not a Center, he's an offensive lineman. Nobody knows exactly what we have at C, G, or T. We don't need guards or tackles, we need offensive lineman.

Several guys will be there, including arguably the best pass rusher in this draft, and a potential difference maker at WR. That would be enough for a near playoff team to part with a 2nd round pick.

V3

Hall of Fame
Joyner didn't make any sense last year??? Huh???? I'm guessing you say that because he didn't do much his rookie year. The pick itself made all kinds of sense because A. he is/was a very talented player, and B. he is capable of filling multiple positions of need with his versatility.

Erving is not a Center, he's an offensive lineman. Nobody knows exactly what we have at C, G, or T. We don't need guards or tackles, we need offensive lineman.

Several guys will be there, including arguably the best pass rusher in this draft, and a potential difference maker at WR. That would be enough for a near playoff team to part with a 2nd round pick.
Sorry, he's not that talented. He has a ton of heart and leadership but after that, he's very limited. He didn't look good at slot CB. He's best suited for FS.

Also, this team was desperate for a QB last year to start developing and possibly act as an insurance policy if Bradford went down. Turns out everyone that was screaming for a QB was proven correct. Jimmy Garoppolo made much more sense. He may not have saved last season but he'd be much further along in his development, he's a better QB prospect than anything the Rams will get this year, and from all reports from training camp and preseason games, he looked very good for the Pats.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Firstly, he IS talented. The only knock on him was his size. Talent? Never a question.

Secondly, you're judging him off his rookie year? That's a mistake. You know players can take longer to develop than one year. Draft is for the future.

Thirdly, nobody was "proven correct". Foles plus the Eagles 2nd round pick next year>>>>>>>Garoppolo. Heck Foles alone is way better than Garoppolo. Had we picked Garoppolo we may not have traded for Foles.