What Falcons fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Don't know why any fan base of an opposing team, even on the road, would be worried about playing the Rams these days. But here you go...a cautious bunch of fans for the most part.
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4047765-the-rams/

The Rams

We l know Goff is starting now. Just in case anyone didn't notice yesterday the Rams had 7 first downs and 162 yards total offense.

We need to go in next week and just demolish this opponent.

That being said, the Pats only won by 16 in spite of that offensive output
----------
If we somehow dropped this next game to the Rams, with all these injuries we could go belly up and end 7-9 or 8-8.
----------
Our offense wont be facing their offense....so not sure how we will destroy them.

They beat Seattle at home....I wouldnt take them lightly....the record is misleading.
---------
Their record is not misleading. They have a terrible offense and a talented defense. Only the Saints offense really had extreme success against them.

Its a game the Falcons should win with little resistance, so we'll probably struggle.
----------
They have one of the nastiest defenses in the NFL. And when I say "nasty"... I mean dirty. Jeff Fisher has always coached a dirty brand of football. I always liked watching it... but not this week.

That defensive line is legit tough. The secondary is scrappy, but I like Julio against anyone. Key is gonna be his health, and the health of Jake Matthews.

Their offense is straight garbage, but Atlanta is going to have to be ready for a lot of the same types of plays Kansas City ran: quick hitters, bubble screens, jet sweeps. They can't really go vertical on you so they do anything they can to get the ball to Austin on the perimeter and let him outrun you.

I like Atlanta, but I think we're past the "easy" talk, or the "demolish them" at this point. Let's go out and focus on playing Max Q football. We do us, we'll be fine.
---------
The Rams have had a way of beating teams in the NFC West, even in their worst years.

I think a few years back they only lost one division game against the hot Seahawks and superbowl bound (
default_emot-bang.gif
) 49ers and I'm pretty sure they were starting a potato at QB.
----------
Yes and to be surgical....this is December, NFC opponent & Jeff Fisher - players wants to prove they are worth on Rams payroll.
----------
It comes to situational football decisions by coaches and execution in 4th quarter.

At this point, we have to play games thinking it is an elimination game ...results will be far better.
----------
I will be at the game. Taking my brother who is the world's biggest Rams fan. I love him to death but we better beat the heck out of those Rams or I am going to be beyond salty!!
----------
There really is no more room for error, unfortunately. We had a one game buffer on Tampa, that is gone. We are not in a good spot right now. Arrow is pointing up for TB, down for us. We also have some pretty big injuries now with Julio, Jake and Mo.
---------
Rams are such a weirdly put together team that always seems out of synche. Shocked to see Fisher and Snead given extensions, even if artificially done so. That team needs a new direction.

I hear what you are saying, but if team plays focused football, we should win comfortably.
---------
Jared Goff will look like a future HOFer and Gurley will get two TDs called it now
----------
Gurley and Goff looked horrible against the Pats. Hopefully they look that way against us.
--------
If we give up 20+ points to the Rams I'll lose my mind
---------
Get ready to lose it. This defense is complete crap.
---------
From ESPN First Take today from Max Kellerman:

"30th in opposing QBR. They turn ever opposing QB into like an elite QB."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ECKGdGfSKs

-------
The Rams always seem to beat Seattle.. They beat them almost every year.. Hope Matthews makes it back.. Once Matthews came out against the Chiefs Compton got worked badly and Ryan had very little time to make reads..
----------
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4047752-going-to-la-game-should-i-be-worried/

Going to LA game, should I be worried?

Not 24 hours yet but I don't give a ****. Would suck to go out there and they ******* lose, but Rams look beatable. We winning this or not??
---------
Should you be worried? Yeah. They'll probably win, but you never know.
--------
they shouldn't lose this game. LA hasn't even been competitive this season. If they do lose though, time to look forward to next year.
---------
i live about 45 mins from the la stadium. Was thinking of going but they are charging alot for tickets. I won't hear the end of it out here if we lose.
-------
Yes you should, we are floundering on defense and the offense is finding ways to lose. Every game we play could turn based on these factors. Those thinking we have cake walk wins the rest of the season are going to be in for a shock when we blow more leads or our defense folds like a lawn chair.
----------
If you know our track record against rookie QBs, yes....yes you should.
--------
Yes..You should always worry when the Falcons are involved..Take it from a 40 yr fan....Btw, DQ should be on the hot seat if we lose to LA or San Fran imo..But as long as Gel Boy is still here, I expect the same results..Sad but true..
---------
After losing the way we did, these dudes better come out piping hot and pimp slap the ish outta the Rams and come home and completely destroy the niners.
----------
Well, it is on the road where we've lost less than we have at home. So there's a glimmer of hope
----------
The mighty Quinn is a clown. The defense no matter how many people on here defend them are a joke kind of like old keystone cops clips. Campbell and Allen need to GOOOOO!!!!!...

I wouldn't be shocked if they lose to rams and the niners. Kraper nick could have a field day against this Quinn D.

All you ever hear is we will get Em next year and I'm about to run out of next years. Been watching this show for over 40yrs. Love the falcons but man its getting old.
---------
Facing the Rams in LA = exactly the type where the Falcons always find a way to bring their garbage game.

Be very concerned.
--------
Honestly, there's no reason we shouldnt beat the Rams. Comfortably.

I appreciate the worry but I think it's too much on the "panic" side of things. This is still a good football team.
--------
You should worry because traffic in LA SUX!

If you're not careful you may not make it to the game until after halftime.
---------
We may or may not win but I bet Jared Goff and Gurley have their best games of the season.
---------
LOL...........this sad assembly could lose to Ga, Southern......NCAA team.

They will ALWAYS find ways to BEAT THEMSELVES.............ALWAYS.
---------
There is nothing going on with this team right now that says we are going to get hot and make a big playoff push.

What reality are some people in thinking we are going to make a run?
----------
Falcons are 4-22-2 playing the Rams in Anaheim and Los Angeles, 3-7 against the Rams in St.Louis. Just saying.... and if I counted right 0-11-2 at the Colosseum against the Rams
---------
download-71-547x373.png

---------
****, this thread just made me feel worse!
---------
We beat the Rams, things should mostly go back to normal.

We lose though, ****, might just wanna avoid the boards for a week at least afterward.
----------
Any given Sunday. Having said that if we lose this week we are not a playoff team and we should just shut up about it.
---------
Just make sure to wear diapers....

Look out for me in section 23 , Row 14 with falcons brotherhood sign!!
----------
We should win, but LA could give our O some troubles up front.

I think we will be okay, but I'm not writing it in as a win yet.
---------
I live in L.A. and was definitely going to this game but probably not now.

Have better things to spend my money on than disappointment & raising my blood pressure.

I 100% expect an infuriating, "playing down to the competition" type game with the final score being 23-20, either way.
---------
I'd be worried. We have no defense,and a coach with no situational awareness.
--------
The Rams have a solid D that kept even Tom Brady from having a bonkers day. They have 3 very solid wideouts, a tod gurly who has been long overdue for a big game and their 1st round QB who has not looked terrible and actually amazing on some of his throws who now has some games under his belt against some of the better teams in the nfl.

Theres a whole ******* lot to be concerned about actually. And im not a sky is falling kinda guy.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Not looking forward to this game. If Mathews is healthy and Julio and Ryan are in sync it's gonna be a long long day for our team.

FRO

Legend
It sucks hearing that Matthews is a good LT.

The Rams under Fisher are capable of winning any game they play in. The problem is they are never consistently good. Their backs are against the wall and I expect a close game.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
These guys are as negative as we are. They should win easily. We have no running game and no passing game. We will certainly win if it comes down to a "Punt Off", otherwise we lose.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I so badly wanted Matthews over GRob but that's in the past now. One thing that gets very tiring is idiots calling us dirty. We don't do anything that the other 31 NFL teams do and it's just getting old.

Goodman

UDFA
Name
Budster
Anybody notice the last time Fischer/Boras called a pass play as long as Goff's
TD pass to Tavon Austin was ... that TD pass to Tavon Austin. 7 quarters ago. Nothing since.
Wondering why.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
These comments make me think this is going to be similar to the Saints game but maybe not as high scoring.

Our O will be made to look half decent but ultimately their O (which is in a different league altogether) will win it for them relatively comfortably.

The only reason it won't be as high scoring is cus it's a home game.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the falcons have scored 20+ points every game this season and in five of those they scored 30+ apart from 1 game where they scored 15 on a loss to the eagles ...we keep them under 20 we have a chance ..but i dont see it happening

FRO

Legend
the falcons have scored 20+ points every game this season and in five of those they scored 30+ apart from 1 game where they scored 15 on a loss to the eagles ...we keep them under 20 we have a chance ..but i dont see it happening
That's every week with the Rams though. Have to keep the opponent under 20 to win.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've always felt the Rams' magic number on offense (to compliment the style of play and GW's defense) is somewhere around 23 to 24 ppg.
That would rank them around 14th in scoring currently in the NFL. Good enough for 10+ wins and playoffs IMO. This offense doesn't have to score 30 to be a good team. They just need to get out of the basement and improve significantly.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Anybody notice the last time Fischer/Boras called a pass play as long as Goff's
TD pass to Tavon Austin was ... that TD pass to Tavon Austin. 7 quarters ago. Nothing since.
Wondering why.

66 yard reception to Britt against the Patsies

They call "shots" every game

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Much like New Orleans, the Falcons D is trash and they inevitably get into shootouts which is NOT the Rams' game. This would be a great week to find a running game.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's every week with the Rams though. Have to keep the opponent under 20 to win.

I would say that needing to keep them under 10 to win would be more accurate.

Only 3-2 when holding opponents under 20. Undefeated holding them under 10! And in looking that up....the good guys have only scored more than 20 points three times. Damn that's depressing. Not as depressing as the fact that the Rams have only exceeded 10 points five times....

FRO

Legend
I would say that needing to keep them under 10 to win would be more accurate.

Only 3-2 when holding opponents under 20. Undefeated holding them under 10! And in looking that up....the good guys have only scored more than 20 points three times. Damn that's depressing. Not as depressing as the fact that the Rams have only exceeded 10 points five times....
Wow that has to be historically bad. In a league rigged to score tons of points the Rams struggle to score.

…..

Legend
Falcons fans are full of doubt, their hopes get dashed every year it seems.. They've started the past few years really hot only to see the team flip and stop winning. This coming after a last minute playoff loss a few years ago that stunned everyone. I was actually at that game and already on the train headed out. Cant remember who it was, but I remember the day because my GF at the time put a picture of me in a Matt Ryan jersey on Facebook and I was really upset at her for outing me like that. Anyway...the train was slap full of Falcon fans and everyone was hootin and hollerin about the supposed victory, but someone had a radio and there was still 50 seconds left in the game.....might have been the Packers...and the resulting stunned silence that ensued was pretty memorable.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/12/4/13838342/a-look-at-the-rams

A Look At The Rams
By Hawes

OK. That sucked. But the Chiefs are a legit playoff team with the most opportunistic defense in the league.

LA? Not so much.

On offense, LA ranks dead last in YDs/G and PTs/G. They are 29th in rushing YDs/G, despite having Todd Gurley in their backfield and are also 29th in passing YDs/G.

But LA has a good defense, right? And good defenses have given us fits at times. LA is 9th in defensive YDs/G and 12th in PTs/G. They are 7th in defensive passing YDs/G, but a surprising 20th in rushing YDs/G.

This imbalance in giving up rushing yards, despite a defense that includes Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn probably has to do with the fact that the Rams are usually losing and their opponents are running out the clock.

Who have they beaten?

The Rams have won four games, including two against playoff caliber teams - Seattle and Tampa Bay. Seattle was a typical LA win: they allowed Seattle only 3 points. Somehow they won a shootout with Tampa 37-32. This is notable, because it's the only time all year that LA scored more than 28 points. They beat the Cardinals 17-13. After beating the Jets 9-6, LA turned the reins over to Jared Goff. They have since lost three straight to the Dolphins, Saints and Patriots.

Football Outsiders ranks the LA OL as 26th backing the run and 21st backing the pass. Goff got the living stuffing knocked out of him by the Patriots today. Roger Saffold is nursing a hand injury. Greg Robinson (remember him?) has been benched and then forced back onto the OL by injuries and poor play.

Robert Quinn was inactive with concussion issues this week.

Look, this is not a good football team. They play good defense from time to time, but this is a team playing for 2017 already. We will face a similar team the week after.

Playoff teams beat the snot out of teams like this. The Falcons HAVE to go 2-0 over the remainder of their NFC West schedule.

If they make Jared Goff look good, then we have more problems than we can assimilate.
----------------
No excuse for losing to a team like LA.
-----------
I think LA may be in trouble
A desperate Atlanta is a dangerous Atlanta!
-----------
The games against LA and SF are absolutely must win as divisional games are so unpredictable we can’t rely on W’s coming out of the games against the Saints and Panthers. Winning those and the worst we can be this season is 9-7, that’s an improvement whichever way you look at it, especially considering how difficult the schedule was coming into this season and how difficult it is based on DVOA.

Here’s hoping Matthews is back for that game, and Julio is 100%. Here’s to the whole team playing with a chip on their shoulder and laying waste to the Rams.
----------
Atlanta always seem to play better when we come off a loss
A little attitude would be nice to see. Atlanta-43 LA-16
-----------
This going to be a tougher game than people have predicted
We’re going across the country, against a good dline (regardless of whether Quinn plays or not)
----------
http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/12/6/13839052/falcons-rams-odds-week-13-atlanta-favored-4-5-early

Falcons - Rams odds: Undaunted by recent losses, the oddsmakers favor Atlanta
The Falcons are favored over the sad Los Angeles Rams by 4.5 points.
by Dave Choate

The Falcons have not done their best work in recent weeks, losing a couple of winnable games, and now the pressure is on to perform lest the Tampa Bay Buccaneers soar by them in the NFC South. They’ll need this win, and recognizing both that and the team’s superiority over the Rams thus far in 2016, the oddsmakers like Atlanta’s chances this week.

The Falcons opened up as 4.5 point favorites, the third week in a row they’ve been the favorite. This is the first such week they’ve been on the road, and that plus a rash of injuries is enough to make you wonder how Atlanta’s going to fare. They could be without Jake Matthews, Julio Jones, and Mohamed Sanu in this one, and that’s a significant blow to the offense, which needs to be great for the Falcons to win this year.

This Rams game has given me pause for a while now, and I still think it’s a game the Falcons may lose, given that they’ll be swinging out to the West Coast and the Atlanta defense is in the habit of making lousy offenses look great. Then I remember that this Rams team is coached by Jeff Fisher and relentlessly lousy, and I do feel a bit better.

Who do you have in this one?
---------
Aaron Donald vs Chris Chester, Robert Quinn vs tom Compton
We might get destroyed if our line isn’t playing well
--------
That kind of puts it into perspective because those matchups are terrible. This is also the same Rams team that beat Tampa earlier in the year. The only thing I think we have in our favor is the fact that Goff should be starting and hopefully he doesn’t have a coming out party.
--------
Quinn is in the Concussion Protocol
Of course, he will probably play, but he didn’t last week.

Given the weakness of the LA secondary, I think you can leave Toilolo in to double Quinn if he plays.

It’s really about double teaming Donald.
---------
I just hope...
This isn’t Goff’s NFL coming out party. We always make opposing QBs look great & we have a history of rookies lighting us up. Maybe we broke that curse with the Denver game, but that seems so long ago.
---------
LA seems in a certain amount of turmoil
So many people giving a hearty WTF to the Fisher extension. Goff playing like Ryan Leaf. Lagarette Blount said that their back seven shy away from tackles in space.

I think you dress Julio but play him very little, and mostly as a decoy (no quick cuts). You run the ball down their throats and get the ball to Gabriel in space.

Also, Austin Hooper has been invisible since Tamme got hurt. Since the Green Bay game, he has 6 receptions on 12 targets for 62 yards. Most of those yards (28) coming on a single play against Tampa.

They have to find a way to get him going.
----------
This game comes down to the injuries
If Julio, Sanu, and Matthews are out then this is no longer an easy game. It’d be nice if just 2/3 of those guys can play and if they do then I think we win handily.
----------
Keep pressure off Matt Ryan
I’m just going to assume Julio, Sanu, and Matthews are out so if they play I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Rams run defense is ranked 21st in the league. Time for our running backs to show out. Get Gabriel going with some screen passes. For our defense, Goff needs to be on the ground often to help the secondary out. Force the rookie to make mistakes.
---------
Atlanta should be able to run well against them
Will the offensive gameplan invest in the run?
That is the question. The Doctor prescribes a
heavy-dose of the run game against LA.
----------
I see no reason why we can’t go out
there and mop the floor with LA. Jeff Fisher ain’t taking Dan Quinn to school.
Atlanta plays well after a loss, and we also play pretty good in late games.
I say we shall salac them, and I mean good!
---------
This will be a tough game
We are really beat up, and I don’t see anyway our line can take care of Robert Quinn and Aaronn Doanld.

On the flip side, we will be the one defense that makes Goff look good this season.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Man, their fanbase sounds as jaded as ours ...