What Excuse This Week Jim Thomas?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Last week Jim Thomas wrote that the only reason the Rams won was because the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could not tell time or manage the clock or, well, whatever? This week I'm sure he will write that the only reason the Rams won was because they knocked Carson Palmer out of the game and I'm sure somehow Thomas will refer to that hit as a "cheap shot."

Now everyone knows I have always defended Thomas and I have conversed with him and drank with him too, however, the stick is getting old, but I understand why he's doing it. I am just interested what is his take will be this week or will he write about the hot Buffalo Bills and how Rex Ryan will end the Rams 3 game winning streak?

Again I appreciated Thomas when he was the Rams beat writer because he was not ever first, but he was usually right, but since the Bradford incident and then the move I understand the bitterness and I get it, but I hope he gives the Rams some credit this week, heck talk up the return of E.J. Gaines Jim, he's a Missouri grad and my condolences on the St. Louis Cardinals not making post season too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I fully expect him to say that the Rams should be taken seriously now.
if he pushes this off as a Cardinals failure? Well, then, people are right about him now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Journalism is not binary. You can be critical of the things a team does poorly and complementary of the things they do well at the same time.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Meh. We punched the Cardinals in the mouth. That's all there is to report on.

Todd59

Rookie
I understand what you are saying, but this was hardly a perfect game played by the rams. They still took dumb penalties, still can't run the football worth a hoot, and the man the thought would have 100 catches this year only had 2 catches for 14 yards. This isn't a good offensive team, and it'll catch up to them if something doesn't change.

I'm not saying the Cardinals beat themselves. But this is hardly the caliber of Cardinals team we've seen the past 2 seasons.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
St Lou is having a bad week. Baseball Cards didnt get the Wild card spot and now the Rams are winning.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obviously, if only the Cardinals had scored more points they would have won. It's totally on the Cardinals. The Rams' coming Super Bowl run will be the greatest fluke in NFL history

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Even if he does blame the Cardinals mistakes for the Rams win, I'll counter with saying it was the Rams mistakes that allowed them to hang around. If our offense doesn't have a long stretch of mistake filled football at one point, the Rams might have won this going away.

Bruce2980

Starter
Obviously, if only the Cardinals had scored more points they would have won. It's totally on the Cardinals. The Rams' coming Super Bowl Victory will be the greatest MIRACLE in NFL history
There it's fixed, you had a couple typos;)

Bruce2980

Starter
Even if he does blame the Cardinals mistakes for the Rams win, I'll counter with saying it was the Rams mistakes that allowed them to hang around. If our offense doesn't have a long stretch of mistake filled football at one point, the Rams might have won this going away.
Even the local sports talk in AZ admit that the Cardinals made very few errors in this loss, and that is something that Arians can be proud of! You go Arians even with mistake free football you can't beat an 8 and 8 team HAHAHAHAHAH

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand what you are saying, but this was hardly a perfect game played by the rams. They still took dumb penalties, still can't run the football worth a hoot, and the man the thought would have 100 catches this year only had 2 catches for 14 yards. This isn't a good offensive team, and it'll catch up to them if something doesn't change.

I'm not saying the Cardinals beat themselves. But this is hardly the caliber of Cardinals team we've seen the past 2 seasons.
I have to agree.

Damned glad we got outta there with a "W" but warning signs continue (play calling, time management, challenges, etc.).

It's like driving under the influence too many times... sooner or later, you'll probably get caught and it'll cost you.

That being said, man, was that fun! I really had a bad feeling before the game... figured AZ would be really pizzed off about the Buffalo game and come out like gangbusters.

At times, it seemed like the Rams were playing against AZ and LA! ;) But, they hung tough and got the desired result.

Just glad to have the win... that's three in a row... coming close to a trend! (y)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
St Lou is having a bad week. Baseball Cards didnt get the Wild card spot and now the Rams are winning.
That really pizzes me of... seemed like every year the Rams were in STL, the Cards got to the playoffs and all I ever heard was about the Cards... first year out of SLT and the Cards miss them? :wow:

Big Game

Living The Dream
He will probably blame Bruce Arians for not having the Cardinals prepared. And say that was the reason why the Rams won smh.

Every victory is slowly killing him inside. lol

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My guess is Thomas will blame it on jet lag and being worn out by a tough Buffalo defense.
I think Buffalo "Exposed" weaknesses in the Cards and the Rams Played on them Too! And other Teams in the League will too! The Cards played Scared at the beginning of the Rams game! JMHO
IF I where the Cards I would not take the 49ers Lightly at their Home Field!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Obviously, if only the Cardinals had scored more points they would have won. It's totally on the Cardinals. The Rams' coming Super Bowl run will be the greatest fluke in NFL history
" Don't forget, 1999 was a 'Fluke Year'too"(y):D:rolllaugh:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I love the win and there's a lot of good things to talk about like the emergence of BQ, but the cards had some bad penalties at very opportune times for the Rams. If they don't keep multiple drives alive for us, this game isn't a W, IMHO.

Rams aren't going anywhere long term if they don't score more consistently. 16 points a game is not getting you into the playoffs. If they don't wake up to the fact that what they are doing with TA and TG isn't working, my confidence will remain neutral.

CK and TA don't have any mojo and I'm not sure why. Is TA off on his routes? Is it coincidence? It seems like the majority of bad passes are to TA. CK hits Britt, Quick, and Kendricks consistently.

Thomas has been a wet blanket but there is a lot to improve on that bears pointing out along with a huge congrats for the big wins. I love me some nail biters but a blowout here and there is nice too!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
From JT NFC article.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_b5165a7c-f3d0-5236-928e-2e7588d070f9.html

In Arizona, the Cardinals also lost their starting quarterback — Carson Palmer —to a concussion and were otherwise battered by a quick, physical Rams defense. The Cardinals finished second to Carolina in scoring a year ago, averaging nearly 31 points per game.

But the Cardinals haven’t been able to regain that offensive sizzle so far this season, with just 31 points combined in losses to Los Angeles and Buffalo the last two Sundays.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams aren't going anywhere long term if they don't score more consistently. 16 points a game is not getting you into the playoffs. If they don't wake up to the fact that what they are doing with TA and TG isn't working, my confidence will remain neutral.

CK and TA don't have any mojo and I'm not sure why. Is TA off on his routes? Is it coincidence? It seems like the majority of bad passes are to TA. CK hits Britt, Quick, and Kendricks consistently.

Yes the Rams do need to score more points week to week. But I think fixing the run game will do that. It will completely change this offense and make defenses dread the matchup vice licking their chops, because we will have balance which is a rarity in the league nowadays.

As to Tavon I think that is the true reason the Rams wanted Goff in this draft. He's got the kind of accuracy you need to hit a guy like TA and maximize his ability. For now they need to keep taking shots with him though, Case can simply hang the ball up a little more for him and let him adjust under it. Starting this weekend teams are going to be looking at tape and seeing those big plays and wondering whether selling out to stop Todd is the right plan for playing the Rams.