What Eagles Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Let's get the party started!!!!!!! :rockon:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW1dbiD_zDk

View: https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/938044213303721984

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...ce-Field/925f7fa0-e73c-405f-bafc-b9ee83347bff

Pederson: Eagles Must Improve On Practice Field
By Dave Spadaro

COSTA MESA, CA – After an overnight flight and quick unpacking from Seattle to California for a week-long stay in a hotel with training facilities at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, head coach Doug Pederson dug out from the loss to the Seahawks and trained his focus on the 9-4 Los Angeles Rams.

(Giving your team a win before the actual game is played, Dave? The Rams are 9-3 and will be 10-3 soon).

And he did so with a couple of messages in mind.

First, he wants the Eagles to have a great week of practice prior to Sunday’s game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum against the Rams. It hadn’t been that way the last couple of weeks and Pederson thought the lack of crispness in practice caught up to the Eagles in a sloppier-than-usual win over Chicago and in Sunday’s loss at Seattle.

“I feel strong about, you win games during the week and sometimes things come up and as a coach you’re always maybe a little more nervous than you should be (about) the way we practice. What you saw previously to the last couple of weeks – you didn’t see the penalties, you didn’t see the turnovers, you didn’t see the negative things that have been going on. And that’s a direct correlation to how we’ve practiced during the week. We’ve got to get that erased this week.”

The Eagles, of course, are in a unique setting away from Philadelphia, so it’s important that the coaches have their preparations and teaching points very sharp, and that the players get on the practice field and get to work.

The players were off on Monday after an early-morning arrival at the temporary team hotel.

“The challenge is that we try to eliminate distractions. It’s hard, when you’ve got back-to-back like this, West Coast trips, to be able to fly back home and practice and then come back home this way at the end of the week, so try to keep the week as normal as possible for the guys, for the coaches,” Pederson said.

“We’ve got a great setup here at the hotel. Coaches have offices and workspace to get the work done. The players have everything they need right here, from treatment, rehab, doctors, medical facilities, all of that.

“When we set this trip, there was an advance team that put all of this together for us and they’ve done a great job. I’m just looking forward to the week.”

In the course of nine consecutive victories to tie a franchise record, the Eagles were incredibly impressive. But they were also sloppy at times and they were able to get away with four fumbles and 11 penalties in a 28-point win over Chicago because, let’s be honest, the Eagles are just a much better football team.

You can’t play sloppy football, as the Eagles did in Seattle with a pair of turnovers and eight penalties, and beat good teams.

“Winning can kind of cover up, or mask, some things, some deficiencies, a little chink in your armor if there is any,” Pederson said. “Coaches and players fall into the same boat sometimes. We need games where we get hit in the mouth and we have to fight, battle and scratch. Yesterday’s game was one of those games.

“When I start seeing the same mistakes in ballgames that I see during the week, we just gotta get back to just focusing in on all of our jobs and owning that.”

As the Eagles prepare this week, they’ll hope that tight end Zach Ertz works his way back to the field after suffering a concussion in Sunday’s loss. He’s in the protocol program and is day to day. Otherwise, the Eagles are in good shape from the game.

Now they have to get better from a performance standpoint to beat Los Angeles on Sunday. The Eagles, at 10-2, are tied with Minnesota for the best record in the NFC and have a magic number of one to clinch a playoff berth.
----------
more than improving on the practice field, you need to call a more
aggressive game, march that ball down the field early in the game and score.
You have been amazing thus far, Doug...but this was not your best called game
-----------
It's true, we should have taken vertical shots deep early and often, but we failed to stretch the field. And we REALLY could have! I was watching their corners and safeties all night, we should have destroyed their secondary. It was such an intermediate game plan. Blah! Let's get over it. We'll open things up again against LA. Good lessons learned in Seattle.
----------
Seattle was a terrible place to be on Sunday. The full moon was weird and their fans were terrible. I'm still trying to shake it off
1f615.png

-----------
Eagles CBs are not fully compettive...you can play off a bit with fair QBs....but a running QB who can throw made Mills and Darby look mediocre...at best.......which is what they are and always have been. Unless they really get to Goff he may tear them up with the receivers the Rams have...and Vaitai may get Wentz killed if he plays like the turnstile he was in Seattle. Eagles lose third game of the season
----------
Darby is an amazing cover corner and Mills isn't far behind. You do realize that we ask our corners to do A LOT, right? Speed isn't an issue, but play recognition was tough against Seattle. We were literally just a step behind on making a few big plays and pass break-ups. I witnessed the game from the first row and still left impressed with our defense. Seattle just knew exactly how and where to attack us, plus benfitted from Wilson's magic.

I'm not worried about Darby and Mills, but would like to see our man Malcolm Jenkins step up his game... he got beat for a TD and should have made a play on the ball. I love our secondary, but Seattle got the best of them (we're still talking about only giving up 24 points here, lol!).
-----------
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...ight-end-sidney-jones-robert-woods-barwin-nfl

Eagles injury update ahead of Rams game
by Brandon Lee Gowton

Here’s a quick update on the Philadelphia Eagles’ injury situation ahead of their Week 14 game against the Los Angeles Rams. Note that the Eagles’ first official injury report won’t come out until tomorrow on Wednesday, December 6.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURIES

Zach Ertz

Doug Pederson announced Ertz is in the concussion protocol. The tight end got concussed during the third quarter of the Eagles’ loss to the Seahawks. Ertz is staying with the team in Los Angeles this week as opposed to flying back home to Philadelphia. Ertz will have to pass through the NFL’s mandatory concussion protocol before he can return to action. The Eagles will surely hope to have their leading receiver as the team prepares to face a tough Rams team.

Joe Walker

There’s been no real update on Walker, who missed practice entirely last week and didn’t play on Sunday night. We’ll see where he’s at this week. Najee Goode mostly filled in during Walker’s absence. Dannell Ellerbe only played one defensive snap at linebacker.

Sidney Jones

Jones is still on the NFI list so he won’t practice this week. Pederson said: “He’s still rehabbing and doing his thing.” Keep in mind the Eagles have a 21-day window where Jones can practice before having to either be 1) put on the 53-man roster or 2) shut down for the season. That window starts when Jones starts to practice. It remains to be seen if that’ll happen at all this season. It could be a possibility later this month.

LOS ANGELES RAMS

The Rams are dealing with some injuries as well.

Robert Woods

Los Angeles might be without their leading wide receiver against the Eagles. Woods has missed two games so far due to a shoulder injury. Late last week, Rams head coach Sean McVay said Week 15 might be a “more realistic target” than a Week 14 return. He also added: “A couple weeks from now is probably what’s the most realistic approach. But you never know with Robert.” So we’ll have to see how Woods handles practice this week.

Connor Barwin

Barwin is expected to miss this week’s game against his former team. McVay said he will “more than likely be out.” That’s a bummer. The former Eagles pass rusher ranks tied for second on the Rams in sacks this season.

Alec Ogletree

Rams starting middle linebacker and defensive captain Alec Ogletree hurt his elbow in Week 13. He expects to play against Philadelphia, though.
-----------
if Ertz doesn't play
Burton and Celek are both vets who can be greatly underestimated. While they may not be as good, they can be certainly reliable.
-----------
Is Ertz a bigger loss than Woods is for the Rams?
Both teams spread the ball around. Tough call.
------------
Why is it a 'bummer' that Barwin won't play against us?
I liked Barwin, he’s without a doubt a great guy, but personally I’m not in the least bit bummed out that our opponent’s leading pass rusher is out for a game
----------
The true test for this team is this week
It will answer a lot of questions about the teams character as to weather if we are ready to be qualify as one of the top 5 teams in the league for years to come.

If last week’s win was indeed due to complacency the team will for sure be determined to prove it to themselves that their focus is back.

On the contrary if last week’s loss was due to the gravity of the stage they were playing, they must have learnt something in terms of how to cope up with this pressure. Hopefully they understood that this will be a recurring thing. Because quite frankly, this young team hadn’t quite played such a high profile game hitherto.

The KC loss was nothing compared to Seattle loss. It was largely considered as a moral win by media and fans alike. And the circumstances surrounding that loss was very different. There was never any pressure given how low the expectations were at that point.

Skill doesn’t play as important a role in this week’s win as Character does. Skill will open the first door for you and it may open the second door, but it won’t open the door that matters. That’s what gets me excited for this week. We are about to see how this team responds to upsetting results.
----------
To me it doesn’t matter where we rank actually. We were pretty much #1 (2 or 3 depending on a few writers) for a while now and while I think the Eagles earned it, it also placed that skeptic bullseye on us for critics and opposing fans to doubt and question. Let them go that shuffling all they want. The biggest goal is getting to, and winning the Superbowl.

If you do that..then all these rankings right now,don’t mean squat,and they won’t even be talking about it once it’s over. The Eagles are 10-2 , and are a pretty good football team. We had the NFL’s attention most of the year and deservingly so. We lost..it happens.

It’s just when you are that good,and riding on a huge win streak the inevitable is bound to happen. They just need to regroup and continue on this great season so far. It’s been ones heck of a ride so far…and it’s not over yet.
------------
the Eagles got to work on that time of ball control going again the Rams can’t score if Eagles keep the ball, the run game has to work and that opens up the pass game and keeps the defense hungry for success!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
"Why is it a 'bummer' that Barwin won't play against us?
I liked Barwin, he’s without a doubt a great guy, but personally I’m not in the least bit bummed out that our opponent’s leading pass rusher is out for a game"

I didn't know Aaron Donald was dinged up......or did those guys completely ignorant about "the man".

socalrams90

Starter
I've lurked their forums and seriously the most arrogant and cocky fan base I've come across. They think they have this game in the bag and are shitting on the rams lack of home field. I think they're in for quite the surprise come Sunday.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the Eagles' fan base is giving the Seahawks the required credit for shutting down their prolific offense. We did the same thing, I'm sure, after the Seahawks did that to us earlier this year, but it's just kinda funny how we forget the other team can win snaps too.

But anyway, the Eagles' fans should be confident. We have a great game ahead this Sunday and hopefully one the Rams will win, but it's gonna be exciting no doubt. I'm confident as well, even though I realize this one can go either way as these two teams are similar in a lot of ways.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I've lurked their forums and seriously the most arrogant and cocky fan base I've come across. They think they have this game in the bag and are crapping on the rams lack of home field. I think they're in for quite the surprise come Sunday.
Their reddit fans are right next to Vikings and Redskins fans as the worst examples of sports fans.

KDS73

Rookie
I've lurked their forums and seriously the most arrogant and cocky fan base I've come across. They think they have this game in the bag and are crapping on the rams lack of home field. I think they're in for quite the surprise come Sunday.

Guess it all depends on which forum you check I guess. Because I was just checking out the board on their official site, and I'd say a good 90% I saw were gloom and doom predicting the Eagles losing a close one.

Surfdog67

UDFA
I started snooping around various Eagles forums/boards and they are showing the Rams absolutely no respect. I couldn't even find a single thread where they mention their next opponent (THE LA RAMS) by name. All they're talking about is how it was good to get a loss to regain their fire, and how they beat themselves and that this will be the perfect game to get back on track for the playoffs. I even saw where someone listed the teams that were the Eagles greatest threat to them getting one of the top two seeds and the Rams weren't even mentioned? WTF??? They talked about the vikings and the Saints and the Panthers and even the f-cking lions but didn't mention the Rams. WOW.

The most arrogant fans I have ever come across. I hope the Rams hand them their A$$ on a silver platter! GO RAMS!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I noticed they where very careful in there selection of a Training Base. Anaheim, Angel Stadium, A stones throw from Disneyland and Knottsberry Farm! I wonder were they will be sneaking out to play at night!!:D:LOL::mrburnsevil:

Surfdog67

UDFA
I noticed they where very careful in there selection of a Training Base. Anaheim, Angel Stadium, A stones throw from Disneyland and Knottsberry Farm! I wonder were they will be sneaking out to play at night!!:D:LOL::mrburnsevil:
There are plenty of places for them to sneak out to...strip clubs, bars, pot shops, all in the area. Just an Uber ride away. Or they can take the 30 minute ride to LA to hook with their homies. Personally, I hope they take advantage of all of those things.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the eagles players need a few 3am wake up calls at their hotel this week.

KDS73

Rookie
Couldn't find a single thread? Not sure where you're looking, but they have 3 separate threads about the Rams running on their main forum. And like I said in a different thread here, a good 80-90% of them seem to be predicting the Rams to win.

Surfdog67

UDFA
Couldn't find a single thread? Not sure where you're looking, but they have 3 separate threads about the Rams running on their main forum. And like I said in a different thread here, a good 80-90% of them seem to be predicting the Rams to win.
Could you post a link? Thanks.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Do you have some "Links" for us!? Sounds like some Fun Reads!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If a couple of you are noticing that your posts are missing, it's because we frown upon trolling baiting our fellow members. Let's not do that.