What does this do to you?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramatik

Starter
I had about 150 vinyl albums chewed to destruction by a friends dog I kept for a weekend ,so my collection ain't what it aught to be.
I have a close friend /cousin by marriage who is I think the sole surviving descendent of Raoul Walsh
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0909825/
He has a collection of vinyl albums that would half fill on old time record store and since those stores had so many duplication's I'd say he has more titles .
Hank and I will sit in his audio room and listen to albums and consume Jameson until dinner (usually get a quart done) eat ,and go back and drink wine until my wife comes down and says,"well I guess I know who's driving home" to which I reply ,"well if ya wanna go home ,yup your drivin"

That really stinks. on your albums.

That sounds like a really good evening! Can you smoke a cigar in the audio room? Heh, that would be perfection!

I have a little over a hundred albums. All the ones from youth were lost between the Marine Corps and the Ex-wife. Who knows. But I started again about 5 years or so ago. That vinyl sound is precious. My drink is scotch though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Y
That really stinks. on your albums.

That sounds like a really good evening! Can you smoke a cigar in the audio room? Heh, that would be perfection!

I have a little over a hundred albums. All the ones from youth were lost between the Marine Corps and the Ex-wife. Who knows. But I started again about 5 years or so ago. That vinyl sound is precious. My drink is scotch though.
Yeah Hanks cool with cigars, but one thing he insists on is Jameson ,no Protestant whiskey:ROFLMAO: for Hank, Irish Catholic to the bone.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
When did they start using Kashmir for their intro?

I remember the Dome's sound system having a little too much treble.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Do you still have it? And do you still have a record player?
Cuz I do. There's something very familiar and comforting about a needle on vinyl.

Some of you young dudes have no idea... lol.

Well, first off. I'm 45 (where you're 47). So a young dude I'm not... :cry:

That said, I pretty much live on Spotify now. Everyone in the family has a phone with spotify installed, The wife got me Dr Dre headphones a year or so ago, not my favorites, but I use them 'cuz I don't want to hurt her feelings! The Bose thingy on the first floor with an old iPod touch, the bluetooth JBL thingy in the bedroom getting music from my phone, the old compact component thingy in the basement with an old iPod touch... all stream spotify. Even the ROKUs on the TVs can play spotify, although I only did that for fun to see if it would work, never because I actually wanted to listen to music.

I haven't touched an actual record in ... 20 years? 25 years? They went up in my parent's attic when I went to college ('86) and I guess they got sold (donated?) when they moved into the condo. I had everything I needed on cassette... and those cassettes are still in a box in my basement. Lots of CDs on a stand under the Bose thingy downstairs, but that's really just for show now. The compact component thingy can actually play CD and cassettes, but we haven't used it like that since we got our first iPod... 10 years ago?... and transferred all our CDs to the iTunes account (which we no longer use).

Records... sheesh, get with the times, X! ;)

~~~~

Edit for clarity - I use Spotify Premium, which gives you unlimited access to their whole catalog. Imho it is totally worth it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, first off. I'm 45 (where you're 47). So a young dude I'm not... :cry:

That said, I pretty much live on Spotify now. Everyone in the family has a phone with spotify installed, The wife got me Dr Dre headphones a year or so ago, not my favorites, but I use them 'cuz I don't want to hurt her feelings! The Bose thingy on the first floor with an old iPod touch, the bluetooth JBL thingy in the bedroom getting music from my phone, the old compact component thingy in the basement with an old iPod touch... all stream spotify. Even the ROKUs on the TVs can play spotify, although I only did that for fun to see if it would work, never because I actually wanted to listen to music.

I haven't touched an actual record in ... 20 years? 25 years? They went up in my parent's attic when I went to college ('86) and I guess they got sold (donated?) when they moved into the condo. I had everything I needed on cassette... and those cassettes are still in a box in my basement. Lots of CDs on a stand under the Bose thingy downstairs, but that's really just for show now. The compact component thingy can actually play CD and cassettes, but we haven't used it like that since we got our first iPod... 10 years ago?... and transferred all our CDs to the iTunes account (which we no longer use).

Records... sheesh, get with the times, X! ;)

~~~~

Edit for clarity - I use Spotify Premium, which gives you unlimited access to their whole catalog. Imho it is totally worth it.
Oh I knew your age. I was speaking to our milleniers. lol.

I wouldn't say I listen to records with any regularity, but I do have a turntable as part of my system. I like to throw on some old LP's when I'm, uh, taking my herbal supplements. But I do have a HUGE library of digital music on my mp3 player (which I transfer to, and plug into, my car stereo). Thousands of songs spanning multiple eras.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Oh I knew your age. I was speaking to our milleniers. lol.

I wouldn't say I listen to records with any regularity, but I do have a turntable as part of my system. I like to throw on some old LP's when I'm, uh, taking my herbal supplements. But I do have a HUGE library of digital music on my mp3 player (which I transfer to, and plug into, my car stereo). Thousands of songs spanning multiple eras.
Yeah sometimes Pink Floyd with pops and cracks is just apropos