What Browns fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Sheesh. For a team who hasn’t won many games, they sure are confident.

GAME 3: Rams on the menu for Sunday Night
After 2 weeks we have seen the ugly Browns, and we have seen the workman Browns. What version will we see in week 3 on Sunday Night Football?

Offensively the Browns seem out of sync. Week 1 it was understandable playing behind a makeshift OL, but week 2 it just seemed somehow disjointed (was that due to GGG having inside info on Baker?). Can they continue to improve and put up points on the Rams?

Defensively the Browns put on a clinic in Week 2. Garret is now up to 5 sacks (on a pace for 40), but he also has too many penalties. The secondary has been very good, and the LB's have been better than we believed. Can they contain the high octane Rams O?

To me, the Browns are going through some growing pains on offense. The Rams D looks good on paper, but keep in mind they faced Cam Newton who just doesn't look right, and Bridgewater. They also have only 5 sacks to date (vs teams that gave up 9 sacks in their other games). INT's and huge blown officiating calls have again all gone their way. They have also struggled against the run.

I am expecting a close game, but I think the Browns will take the next step up offensively...although the score won't necessarily reflect much.

Browns 24
Rams 16

Priefer - change nothing
Wilks - keep on keepin' on
Monkin/Kitchens - get the damn lead out and get the plays into Baker sooner.

Plays in to Baker sooner,
means to the line quicker,
means better reads of the D,
means a better pre-snap plan,
means time for an audible,
means less time panicking in the pocket.

Just start by giving Baker more than a single digit play clock as he breaks the huddle.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Rams are good but can absolutely be beat and that comes from a fan (my #2). Goff gets the ball out but isn't mobile, Garrett's speed could be an issue for them (and earth).

Browns pass offense is out of sorts. Baker made several wow throws yesterday, top 5-7 type of throws, but missed a lot and held the ball a ton. DCs have fooled him. Browns QB braintrust needs to put him in a way better situation on getting calls in... and getting over their Kitchens/Monkens erection for becoming homogeneously "deep ball." Gonna get him killed.

He clearly misses Higgins when he's out, no doubt about it. Missing his safe place. Callaway too. Landry is the only guy he had any real experience with, from last year through preseason. It's not ideal to toss guys out together, hope everybody chills on the idea of not playing together in preseason unless you've had years to run like clockwork. Silly.

Orlovsky broke it down great in Tweets and on NFLN... but so much from last year (back half) is just missing. We're doing one thing, throwing deep, and making it obvious by getting those plays in the slowest.

My point: It's better already and it's gonna keep getting better. Higgins (hopefully) returns, Kitchens/Monken get their shit together, and more reps start showing up.

Pass protection was very good. Well, line was good period, Hubbard weak link (not Kush).
Rams 20
Yah, everything that's been said. Also not very impressed with Wilks thus far. Heard he played to his players strengths, doesn't appear so. Garrett obviously has been phenomenal ...the rest of the defense, not the greatest. Especially our once dominant CB. Put Ward in position to play to his strengths, dude has to be losing some of his swagger at this point. I will be very interested to see how the D performs against the Rams, from what I have seen thus far my expectations aren't high. I am hoping they just play down to their competition.

Looking forward to throwing the "Kitchen" sink at them on offense, some creative play calling, formations, power run schemes, shallow quick hitting routes to mitigate Donald, etc.

This game is really going to tell us how good we are.
This is the start of the schedule most of us worried about, after what Ive seen from this team so far the Rams game is winnable, the real test is Baltimore and I think there not nearly as good as there numbers would have you believe.
I’m not looking past the Rams I’m looking more at progress per week and if the titans loss was our turnaround i’ll Be fine with it but if they get spanked at home on national TV this team isn’t the prime time players we thought we had for this season, however should we win or die tryin I’m cool with that.
They need to show up,yeah Baker I’m talkin to you.

Won't be easy but I think we'll see the most polished effort this year so far.

Browns 31 Rams 20

Again better tackling this year from the front. Gotta be encouraged with that.
Secondary didn't really have much to do against jets passing game until 2nd half and the got beat more than once. Goff and his experienced wrs could have a game. I'd love to see Greedy make a few big plays and maybe that will inspire Ward to get his act together.During our 1-15, 0-16 nightmare I could always figure out a way to predict a win. Hence no more. But I'm thinking we get crushed Sunday. Feel free to slam me for the next few days but I've seen nothing on offense to think we can keep up with them. Garrett can only do so much.

It is flying under the radar that Jared Goff has had a start similarly as off as Baker Mayfield. Baker has far more yardage and YPA, Goff doesn't have as many mistakes and has kept drives alive better, but it has been a really slow start for the Rams passing attack.

The Rams are much better running the ball but only in quantity. They are averaging 4.5 to our 4.2, but have something like 12 rushing attempts per game more.

The big difference is that the Rams aren't shooting themselves in the foot nearly as much as we have been. They're not turning it over, or having penalties, or big plays for a loss, etc.

In a way it is strength vs strength, and which offense is going to overcome their struggles. While I trust their OL more than ours, I also like our weapons more - especially with Higgins and Njoku almost certain to be back. Njoku tweeted out that he's good and Higgins probably would have played Monday night if the Jets were not so short-handed.

As Shep mentioned, I think we've missed Higgins more than we realize and it has been frustrating to lose Njoku during both games. We've covered his mistakes recently, but he's still a fucking nightmare to cover and his blocking has been excellent - we're going to need that because Kush vs Donald and Hubbard vs Fowler is fucking scary.

I'm not going to predit a win. The Rams are contenders. We've looked anything but. Do we have the talent to be contenders? Fuck yeah. Do we have the talent to beat the Rams? Fuck yeah. Do we look like a team who is playing to the level of talent that could beat the Rams? Fuck no. Not even close.

As we all discussed following the win over the Jets, there was improvement from the team. It isn't where we need it to be but it is a start. The question becomes if we can take strides forward and make the nessecary corrections. Baker and the offense have to find their feet, Kitchens needs to commit to the run, the OL needs to play at a higher level and everyone, accross the board, needs to do their job better.

The defence is our big strength. I'm tired of reading on Twitter that the Jets game is different if Darnold plays. Bullshit. He faltered in the face of the Browns last year and he isn't some mythical being who can handle Myles Garrett in his face. Ya'll know I love Jared Goff, but he's exactly the same because he's human too. You get after him, it is problematic. Period.

Cam Jordan had a big game against Rob Havenstein last week, which bodes well for Olivier Vernon, and Myles Garrett is on a whole 'nother level to Marcus Davenport. Andrew Whitworth is playing well but not the dominant level he was previously - He is almost 38 - so there could be opportunity to get some pressure on Goff.

But, this is all a long winded way of saying that the Rams are a better team. A more experienced team. A more disciplined team. The only way we win this game is by taking our game to the next level.

We fail to do that, we won't win.

this game was put in prime-time on purpose. It wreaks Browns win.
The game is in Cleveland. Rams have looked sloppy.
half their points last week were penalty piggy-back rides.
early signs are pointing to thunderstorms. i dont like it because the rams can and will run the ball. not sure the browns can/will. if its a slop fest i think it favors the rams. it could keep the game closer but points will be at a premium if major storms are in the area.

I also hope they will pass to set up the run. Running into stacked boxes doesn't work - just ask the Jets.

Also, just asking, who is the Rams backup QB?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty much at that point because outside of "be perfect" I am not entirely sure how to beat the Rams. Just an overall good team. Any weaknesses they have are beyond my paygrade.

RT - Rob Haverstein has been owned 2 weeks in a row...once by Cameron, and once by a combo of Noteboom and Allen??? Who??? Against Garrett and Vernon he should continue that trend.

Gurley is still not 100%. Got his yards against the Panthers who are giving up chunks...but not nearly as effective against NO.

Goff is dinking and dunking again. He is 22nd in y/a at 7.0 (Baker is 11th at 8.4). He has only 5 passes beyond 20 yards (Baker has 11). (see this as a possible reason for Gurley)

Sacks - despite having Darnold, they have only 5 sacks in 2 games (playing Cam the sack Newton and a backup), Browns have 8...5 by Garrett alone.

Not saying the above is terrible...just saying they are far from perfect and have areas that can be exploited...areas the Browns match up well with.

How do you beat the Rams? Play better fundamental football and don't lose the coach v coach game.

If Freddie does a good job of mixing things up (run/pass/special play) and our offense executes to a high (not perfect, but certainly high) level we have a chance to score points. I don't think we need to resort to a ton of trickery or anything bordering on desperation.

Same deal when they have the football.

I'm still of a mind that we have the collective talent to be competitive with anyone. The burning question is can we get it to translate onto the field.

I'll admit I don't watch much football outside of the Browns. But I don't think teams use "trick plays" all that often. Maybe in a last ditch "Hail Mary" kinda way, or in a playoff situation. If every team did one trick play per game...how many would really be tricks, you know?

This team has the skills to beat any team in fundamentals, if they play smart.

Mostly, for game 3, I'm just thrilled I get to watch another game!!!
hugegrin.gif

I only mention it because this game is being treated as an against-all-odds moment for the team. The only wins of that nature in our history that come to mind were the wins over New Orleans and New England in 2010. While having an elite quarterback in Colt McCoy, whose rugged handsomeness is matched only by his arm strength, made a significant difference, both of those games involved some trickery that aided in getting over the line.

But, as you say, it's ultimately going to come down to strong fundamental football, limiting errors, capitalizing on opportunities and having success from both coaching staff and the roster.
they also seem to be the luckiest team in the NFL...2x in a row they get a BS call against the Saints. Meanwhile, the Browns seem to be fighting the other team AND the refs. Let's hope it evens out this week.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Some of those Browns fans score predictions are wishful thinking imo. They are so focused on stopping 99 that they are over looking 90,56,50, 52 and even 58. Donald is so good he takes all the attention which opens things up for eveyone else to ball out. These guys have no idea what's about to hit them.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
RT - Rob Haverstein has been owned 2 weeks in a row...once by Cameron, and once by a combo of Noteboom and Allen??? Who??? Against Garrett and Vernon he should continue that trend.

Am I crazy or did this person say that Hav got owned by our own offensive lineman?

These fans are crazy thinking they can keep us below 20. Can’t wait to blow them out

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
"RT - Rob Haverstein has been owned 2 weeks in a row...once by Cameron, and once by a combo of Noteboom and Allen??? Who??? Against Garrett and Vernon he should continue that trend."

Ahh, a very knowledgable Brown fan, glad he saw our LG and C who apparently play for the panthers and play on the defensive line own Havenstein.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Am I crazy or did this person say that Hav got owned by our own offensive lineman?

These fans are crazy thinking they can keep us below 20. Can’t wait to blow them out

Careful now, he's obviously a football expert.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Man.... they must have baked something special in those Brownies .........

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is beating the Browns all that difficult?
Just prepare and treat them like an NFL squad and the Rams will beat them.
I don't see McVay overlooking any opponent, and that is pretty much the only chance the Browns have.

If the game gets away from us we can unleash our secret pass rush duo of Noteboom & Allen lol

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
"RT - Rob Haverstein has been owned 2 weeks in a row...once by Cameron, and once by a combo of Noteboom and Allen??? Who??? Against Garrett and Vernon he should continue that trend."

It appears our right tackle is a time-share indentured servant of Cameron, and a couple of our players.

Damn shame.

#freebigrob

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Half our points came from penalty piggy backs? WTH is this clown talking about! And it’s funny he also brags about stats when playing the competition they have? Cam is a sack machine? I guess two a game over 8 years might be above average. Just funny how some people inflate their own successes.

Name
Kent
Sheesh. For a team who hasn’t won many games, they sure are confident.

GAME 3: Rams on the menu for Sunday Night

It's simple for me.

Priefer - change nothing
Wilks - keep on keepin' on
Monkin/Kitchens - get the damn lead out and get the plays into Baker sooner.

Plays in to Baker sooner,
means to the line quicker,
means better reads of the D,
means a better pre-snap plan,
means time for an audible,
means less time panicking in the pocket.

Just start by giving Baker more than a single digit play clock as he breaks the huddle.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Rams are good but can absolutely be beat and that comes from a fan (my #2). Goff gets the ball out but isn't mobile, Garrett's speed could be an issue for them (and earth).

Browns pass offense is out of sorts. Baker made several wow throws yesterday, top 5-7 type of throws, but missed a lot and held the ball a ton. DCs have fooled him. Browns QB braintrust needs to put him in a way better situation on getting calls in... and getting over their Kitchens/Monkens erection for becoming homogeneously "deep ball." Gonna get him killed.

He clearly misses Higgins when he's out, no doubt about it. Missing his safe place. Callaway too. Landry is the only guy he had any real experience with, from last year through preseason. It's not ideal to toss guys out together, hope everybody chills on the idea of not playing together in preseason unless you've had years to run like clockwork. Silly.

Orlovsky broke it down great in Tweets and on NFLN... but so much from last year (back half) is just missing. We're doing one thing, throwing deep, and making it obvious by getting those plays in the slowest.

My point: It's better already and it's gonna keep getting better. Higgins (hopefully) returns, Kitchens/Monken get their shit together, and more reps start showing up.

Pass protection was very good. Well, line was good period, Hubbard weak link (not Kush).
Rams 20
Yah, everything that's been said. Also not very impressed with Wilks thus far. Heard he played to his players strengths, doesn't appear so. Garrett obviously has been phenomenal ...the rest of the defense, not the greatest. Especially our once dominant CB. Put Ward in position to play to his strengths, dude has to be losing some of his swagger at this point. I will be very interested to see how the D performs against the Rams, from what I have seen thus far my expectations aren't high. I am hoping they just play down to their competition.

Looking forward to throwing the "Kitchen" sink at them on offense, some creative play calling, formations, power run schemes, shallow quick hitting routes to mitigate Donald, etc.

This game is really going to tell us how good we are.
This is the start of the schedule most of us worried about, after what Ive seen from this team so far the Rams game is winnable, the real test is Baltimore and I think there not nearly as good as there numbers would have you believe.
I’m not looking past the Rams I’m looking more at progress per week and if the titans loss was our turnaround i’ll Be fine with it but if they get spanked at home on national TV this team isn’t the prime time players we thought we had for this season, however should we win or die tryin I’m cool with that.
They need to show up,yeah Baker I’m talkin to you.

Won't be easy but I think we'll see the most polished effort this year so far.

Browns 31 Rams 20

Again better tackling this year from the front. Gotta be encouraged with that.
Secondary didn't really have much to do against jets passing game until 2nd half and the got beat more than once. Goff and his experienced wrs could have a game. I'd love to see Greedy make a few big plays and maybe that will inspire Ward to get his act together.During our 1-15, 0-16 nightmare I could always figure out a way to predict a win. Hence no more. But I'm thinking we get crushed Sunday. Feel free to slam me for the next few days but I've seen nothing on offense to think we can keep up with them. Garrett can only do so much.

this game was put in prime-time on purpose. It wreaks Browns win.
The game is in Cleveland. Rams have looked sloppy.
half their points last week were penalty piggy-back rides.

I also hope they will pass to set up the run. Running into stacked boxes doesn't work - just ask the Jets.

Also, just asking, who is the Rams backup QB?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty much at that point because outside of "be perfect" I am not entirely sure how to beat the Rams. Just an overall good team. Any weaknesses they have are beyond my paygrade.

Gurley is still not 100%. Got his yards against the Panthers who are giving up chunks...but not nearly as effective against NO.

Goff is dinking and dunking again. He is 22nd in y/a at 7.0 (Baker is 11th at 8.4). He has only 5 passes beyond 20 yards (Baker has 11). (see this as a possible reason for Gurley)

Sacks - despite having Darnold, they have only 5 sacks in 2 games (playing Cam the sack Newton and a backup), Browns have 8...5 by Garrett alone.

Not saying the above is terrible...just saying they are far from perfect and have areas that can be exploited...areas the Browns match up well with.

How do you beat the Rams? Play better fundamental football and don't lose the coach v coach game.

If Freddie does a good job of mixing things up (run/pass/special play) and our offense executes to a high (not perfect, but certainly high) level we have a chance to score points. I don't think we need to resort to a ton of trickery or anything bordering on desperation.

Same deal when they have the football.

I'm still of a mind that we have the collective talent to be competitive with anyone. The burning question is can we get it to translate onto the field.

I'll admit I don't watch much football outside of the Browns. But I don't think teams use "trick plays" all that often. Maybe in a last ditch "Hail Mary" kinda way, or in a playoff situation. If every team did one trick play per game...how many would really be tricks, you know?

This team has the skills to beat any team in fundamentals, if they play smart.

Mostly, for game 3, I'm just thrilled I get to watch another game!!!
hugegrin.gif

I only mention it because this game is being treated as an against-all-odds moment for the team. The only wins of that nature in our history that come to mind were the wins over New Orleans and New England in 2010. While having an elite quarterback in Colt McCoy, whose rugged handsomeness is matched only by his arm strength, made a significant difference, both of those games involved some trickery that aided in getting over the line.

But, as you say, it's ultimately going to come down to strong fundamental football, limiting errors, capitalizing on opportunities and having success from both coaching staff and the roster.

Fans picking their team to win? What a travesty!

I don't think we are likely to win this one and I think that the line (LAR -3) is rather enticing here. I might end up putting some money on the Rams to "hedge my emotions".

I do think that we have the ability to win if we put it all together but I don't see it happening this soon in the season. The Browns have been WAY too undisciplined so far this season and Baker has been playing like crap.

I think we see a better Browns team and a highly competitive game that is decided by a late turnover from Baker.

Rams 34
Browns 24

oldnotdead

Legend
I had a nice laugh when they say Goff isn't mobile. He runs when he has to but he's normally trying to extend a play and then usually is very good with his pass.

Can't stop the Run? Maybe last year, but look at what they did with Kamara. Chubb only has 137 yds over 2 games. That was against power house defenses like the Titans and Jets. :rolleyes:

Baker has shown a tendency to be impatient and doesn't read coverage's well at times, i.e. he's prone to mistakes. I'm not saying they aren't a good team...they are far and away better than they historically have been. But let's see how they fare against a truly good team. In fact they are entering the meat of their schedule. Their next 4 games are the Rams, Ravens, 49ers, and Hawks. They might beat the Niners but that's not a given. I would expect a 1-3 result at best.

It's one thing to be supportive and another to be delusional. If they come out the next 4 games 3-1 then I might be a believer....maybe. Time to prove the hype was real or STFU.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
These guys lost at home to Tennessee who might be average at best and then beat the Jets who suck.

The road grading Rams are gonna put them in their place.
13-3 on the road in the last two seasons. Best in the league mutha****

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m thinking our defense could surprise them. Not just the Browns, everyone right now. This defense looks better than last years.

Anxious to see if we can add to the trend.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Sunday night football hasn’t seen the best Rams performances in recent years