What are the chances the Niners make a move for Bell?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They have the cap room and a desperate need for a RB. He would fit great with that offense and coach and seems to be burning all bridges leading back to Pittsburgh.

Just a scary thought that entered my mind.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, just noticed the long Bell thread...should have put this there...and also saw the Niners mentioned in a post... my bad.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
At least they would be able to compete with us. Not gunna happen though.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
They just made McKinnon one of the top 5 highest paid backs in the NFL, I don't think they are going to deal another RB a big contract.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
They just made McKinnon one of the top 5 highest paid backs in the NFL, I don't think they are going to deal another RB a big contract.
Yeah. They are committed 10 mil this year and 5 mil next year for McKinnon.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
They have the cap room and a desperate need for a RB. He would fit great with that offense and coach and seems to be burning all bridges leading back to Pittsburgh.

Just a scary thought that entered my mind.
ASRGGGGHGHGHGHGH. DOn't ruin my weekend...! LOL

Ram65

Legend
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jerick-mckinnon-14507/

POTENTIAL OUT: 2019, 1 YR, $12,000,000; $1,500,000 DEAD CAP

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/3/14/17121440/jerick-mckinnon-contract-49ers-free-agents-2018

Jerick McKinnon contract gives 49ers plenty of options after year one
As always, the 49ers have
By David Fucillo@davidfucillo Mar 14, 2018, 1:15pm PDTSHARE
Fooch’s update: We cleared up the numbers

The San Francisco 49ers signed Jerick McKinnon to a four-year contract worth up to $36.9 million, but in reality it is along the lines of a one-year deal with the team having options after 2018. NFL reporter Aaron Wilson posted the salary and bonus details, which includes an option bonus for 2021.

Aaron Wilson@AaronWilson_NFL

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/974013963766849537

Jerrick McKinnon 49ers deal: $36.9M, $14.3M gtd, $2M bonus, salaries $4.2M, $3.7M, $6.5M, $6.9M; $5.5M roster bonus 2018
has a $6.9M option bonus for 2021 league year to be exercised prior to end of 2020 league year

4:06 PM - Mar 14, 2018

NFL reporter Ben Volin offered his own thoughts, describing the deal as effectively one year with $11.7 million in year one cash. His 2019 salary is guaranteed for injury, and becomes fully guaranteed if he is on the roster next spring, which is par for the course for many 49ers contracts.

Ben Volin

✔@BenVolin

Jerrick McKinnon really only got one year fully guaranted from the 49ers, but he'll get $11.7m guaranteed this year, with a chance to make $12m. Big time payout or him

4:09 PM - Mar 14, 2018

McKinnon is making some solid money with a chance to earn even bigger money if he proves effective in Kyle Shanahan’s offense. At the same time, if he struggles, the 49ers will have gambled big in 2018, but really not gambled much of anything beyond that.

As we’ve said before, Paraag strikes again. If we don’t see any improvement from McKinnon it will be wasted money, but given what Kyle Shanahan and Bobby Turner have done in the past with a host of running backs, it is hard not to be at least a little excited about this addition. It’s not a cheap move by any means, but it’s certainly not the end of the world as some would have thought when the first news came out.

From the looks of the deal Whiners can get out of the contract without much trouble.

So Bell to Whiners could happen. Stay tuned. The Whiners would have to at least match Gurley's contract and lose draft pick (s).