What are the best value positions where we pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
If we were to pick players based on the likelihood that they will not only make the team but could emerge (fairly quickly) as plus starters or impact players in key situations (and on special teams) then where does value meet a need?

I know many here would like to see us draft an Edge but I just do not see value where we pick. Is there really a prospect who will challenge to play ahead of what we have on the roster?

These below positions are where need and value should meet but please argue otherwise or for better prospects that you prefer:

1. Cornerbacks - This draft is stacked with enough quality prospects that a potential future starter should be available when we pick first

I am impressed by the following SRs who have played a ton of snaps and all looked great during the senior bowl (which we know the Rams value highly)

Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston) 6-2 199; Joshua Williams (Fayetteville State) 6-3 195; & Coby Bryant (Cincinnati) 6-1 199

One of the above should be available around where we pick (we might need to trade up depending on whether there is a run)

2. Guards - The draft is stacked with Sr OL, who play with power, have plenty of experience (and solid technique), including plenty who might usefully transition inside

Here are three potential guards, all of who may be available when we pick in round 4 and one of whom might be available in round 5. They each fit our scheme and could become instant starters depending on how they transition

Logan Bruss (Wisconsin); Justin Shaffer (Georgia) and Zachary Thomas (San Diego State)

3. TE/H-backs - The draft is loaded with prospects who should be available in rounds 5 through 7

This draft is deep, seriously deep, and I know that many of you have TEs in your mocks. I believe a few will come off the board before we pick but that the true value lies through rounds 5, 6 and 7. It would not surprise me in the least if the best TE in this class eventually emerges from later in the draft...

Who do you like?

There are even two FB prospects that look like they might garner late-round picks in Zander Horvath (Purdue) and Connor Heyward (Michigan State)

Horvath is being compared to another alumnus, Mike Alstott, and could emerge as a pro-bowl talent

4. Punter

I know, give me a break right! That said Jordan Stout (Penn State) and Matt Araiza (San Diego State) look awesome and can both flip the field

Don't want to draft one? Jake Camarda (Georgia) and Ryan Wright (Tulane) are plenty talented and should be UDFAs

I do not see us drafting: DT (they take a long time to develop and we would be better resigning our own); or LB unless we now place a high value on ILB (if so, there are some intriguing prospects but I am not sure they will be available later and so decided the position doesn't meet need and value); or WR for obvious reasons (we have too many already) but we probably will anyway :) or DE (though this might be something we look at addressing after the draft through FA - Morgan Fox?)

I am looking forward to the draft and excited to see who we come away with