What about Shaquem Griffin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems too small to play edge and probably too small to play inside if I'm being honest. but hey, I really like roquan and he's about the same physically and atheltically. He's a much better linebacker though .

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I want him on this team more than anyone. He's like Deion Jones of the Falcons.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I just don't see how a kid with only one hand can be an effective tackler in the NFL.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I just don't see how a kid with only one hand can be an effective tackler in the NFL.

I feel like this should be blue font...this has been said about him his whole life at every different level, obviously the last one being college. He’s overcome it all so far, I feel like he will again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Many people said they didn't see how a 6'1" 285 pound DT could be an effective run defender in the NFL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
And without a hand, he's better at catching the ball away from his body than a lot of WRs.

I agree with those who think he's going to be a star in the NFL and it won't be a hand issue.

Dude ran a SUB 4.4 40 on that slow ass track.

He's a tackling machine and he's had some nice interceptions in coverage. He's one of the more complete LBs out there and has the frame to carry more muscle (he had some belly bloat likely as a result of cheap supplements).

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Can he wear a custom made prosthetic?? I'd take him as is from what little footage of him I've seen. So far I've been most impressed by the person. He could be a Barron replacement and learn from him for year while being a ST demon and excellent depth. 3rd round would be fine by me!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Can he wear a custom made prosthetic?? I'd take him as is from what little footage of him I've seen. So far I've been most impressed by the person. He could be a Barron replacement and learn from him for year while being a ST demon and excellent depth. 3rd round would be fine by me!

My only issue with that is that if Jeff Holland is there, his tape looks so much like Von Miller's it's crazy that he's not considered a 1st round talent.

I honestly think the Bengals will take him in the second. He's on the rise and I expect him to be drafted much earlier than folks expect.

Now, if we had multiple 3rd rounders and Holland happens to slide a bit or rather not be drafted earlier than expected, I'd say get Holland and Griffin and put Griffin on the inside.

For those that don't know, Wade's ILBs have to be able to go sideline to sideline and Griffin has unique sub-4.4 speed to be able to do that AND he's a very sure tackler.

I'm super interested in how this draft goes.

Once the visits are done, we'll have a VERY good idea who the Rams are taking because they tend to take guys who've visited. They're pretty transparent that way.

Which makes me a little sad... because Holland hasn't been to visit.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really believe the Rams will trade into the late 2nd round and draft Griffin.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I really believe the Rams will trade into the late 2nd round and draft Griffin.
He is projected as a 4th round. He is 228 which is small for an OLB. They are 240+ there are better Olbs in the 3rd and 4th than Griffin. The only reason to draft him is 40 time 4.38 which is unbelievably fast. Most are in the 4.65 - 4.8 range.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is projected as a 4th round. He is 228 which is small for an OLB. They are 240+ there are better Olbs in the 3rd and 4th than Griffin. The only reason to draft him is 40 time 4.38 which is unbelievably fast. Most are in the 4.65 - 4.8 range.

Griffin is an ILB, and there aren't any ILBs in the 3rd or 4th round range who are better.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would feel like we won the draft

Honestly I would too. He's perfect for this defense.

He might not play a ton on 1st down in our base D - that would probably be some combination of Longacre/Ebukam/Barwin or another vet - but we're probably only going to be in that base defense 25% of the time - and Longacre was very productive before his injury, so I'm fine with that.

But on 3rd downs - put him on the field with Barron, Brockers or Easley, Donald, Suh and 5/6 DBs. Griffin can rush off the edge, especially when he's going to be the last thing the OL is worried about. He'd be a great blitzer, and he can cover.

I'd still want to draft an edge player too, but I want this kid, and between the combine and the story, coupled with his tape and his passion, IMO the Rams would have to trade up. And I'm content with that.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I expect that he will be drafted late-ish on Day 3 but will be limited mostly to special teams and backup OLB in the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I expect that he will be drafted late-ish on Day 3 but will be limited mostly to special teams and backup OLB in the NFL.

That's where I see him too. Late round three maybe into round four. And if he gets there he's a real nice fit for us.